Author Topic: Wizards (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 5/15/17  (Read 144836 times)

Re: Wizards (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 5/15/17
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 05:46:07 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
tequila tonight for me....no idea how the players handle their nerves going into games like this

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 05:49:12 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report
Monty McCutchen was voted one of the best refs in the league by coaches and players in a 2016 LA Times poll. He has been decent in most Celtics games but there have been a couple of games where he has been really bad, the double OT loss to the Warriors last season is one of them. Draymond Green committed his 6th foul and they gave the foul to Curry, who was not even involved in the play. Green then played all of the 4th quarter and two overtimes without getting another foul called on him, although he committed several. Avery Bradley, who was successfully limiting Curry, fouled out on two very questionable calls. The Warriors shot 39 free throws to just 16 for the Celtics.
McCutchen officiated Game 3 of this series and Game 3 of the Bulls series. He is a homer ref with a home W/L record of 48-25. Both teams are 8-2 with McCutchen on the court.

Derrick Stafford is known to be quick to call technical fouls. Pat Riley and Stafford have a bit of bad blood between them. Back in 2003 when Riley was coaching, he accused Stafford of shouting "It's not about you" and some other stuff at Riley when Riley complained excessively about the calls. Stafford was suspended for 2 games as a result. Stafford was also fined as a result of a complaint that Lawrence Frank made when he was coach of the Nets. A ref has to be pretty bad to be suspended or fined for an incident since the league usually feels that they can do no wrong. I found 4 other articles detailing complaints about Stafford for his actions or comments. It seems that Mr Stafford has been a hot head who loves to lash out at players and coaches who question him. Hopefully he has mellowed a bit, but Brad Stevens' calm demeanor should be a benefit when dealing with him.
This is the first game this post season that Stafford is officiating for the Celtics. Washington is 5-5 in their last 10 games with Stafford while the Celtics are 7-3 in their last 10. His home W/L record this season is 39-31.

Zach Zarba called Game 1 against the Wizards.this series. Zarba was the referee who called the last second foul on Smart against the Bulls to give Butler the free throws to win the game. Despite that, he has been mostly good in games vs the Celtics this season, though. Washington is 6-4 with Zarba in their last 10 games while the Celtics are 6-4 in their last 10. His home W/L record this season is 36-33.

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Official Report
Monty McCutchen was voted one of the best refs in the league by coaches and players in a 2016 LA Times poll. He has been decent in most Celtics games but there have been a couple of games where he has been really bad, the double OT loss to the Warriors last season is one of them. Draymond Green committed his 6th foul and they gave the foul to Curry, who was not even involved in the play. Green then played all of the 4th quarter and two overtimes without getting another foul called on him, although he committed several. Avery Bradley, who was successfully limiting Curry, fouled out on two very questionable calls. The Warriors shot 39 free throws to just 16 for the Celtics.
McCutchen officiated Game 3 of this series and Game 3 of the Bulls series. He is a homer ref with a home W/L record of 48-25. Both teams are 8-2 with McCutchen on the court.

YIKES

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2017, 06:23:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Less than 2 hours to go.

I feel like I'm going to have severe anxiety and a heart attack simultaneously tonight...  :laugh: :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Less than 2 hours to go.

I feel like I'm going to have severe anxiety and a heart attack simultaneously tonight...  :laugh: :(

I was supremely confident before wagering all of my TPs.  We're the better team, should've won game 6.  But the possibility of lopsided officiating or rare occurrences are always on the table, I guess.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 06:58:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Less than 2 hours to go.

I was supremely confident before wagering all of my TPs.  We're the better team, should've won game 6.  But the possibility of lopsided officiating or rare occurrences are always on the table, I guess.

I predicted C's in 7 and still think that.

I just hope this isn't the game where AB decides to go cold, and our bench struggles yet again. Can't afford that at all.

As I've said in this thread before, a good start is KEY. Can't fall behind early especially in a vital Game 7.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 07:03:49 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Less than 2 hours to go.

I predicted C's in 7 and still think that.

I just hope this isn't the game where AB decides to go cold, and our bench struggles yet again. Can't afford that at all.

As I've said in this thread before, a good start is KEY. Can't fall behind early especially in a vital Game 7.

I predicted Cs in 7, too.  But the TP wager...

And agreed.  1st and 3rd quarters have been important this series.  Hopefully home cookin' prevails again.  I hope they're huffing those smelling salts from an aerosol can right now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I don't feel good about this game. I feel like Wall is going to bring it. If Isiah is off and Horford doesn't play how he's been playing at a really high level, you kinda expect an off game from him at some point, then this could not end well for us.

I'm not counting on Crowder dudes a big choker in big games not Amir he's looked too old. Bradley I feel will be key when he's playing well they usually win.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2017, 07:07:47 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
tequila tonight for me....no idea how the players handle their nerves going into games like this
whiskey for me!

*sippin*

:)
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 07:19:09 PM »

Offline LaBran Jaymes

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Pasta Bolognese and Gorilla Glue #4 is on the menu for the game tonight.

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 07:22:06 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Sitting around without wine and realized, better get to store fast. Wine ready! Tps all on line. Chance to see Cleveland Celtics in Game 3 front row on line!! God, I am stressed!!!!

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Celtics almost won Game 6 on the road. That has to make the Wiz nervous. They were emboldened after the game, but now the reality is going into hostile territory for Game 7. I like the C's to move on to ECF.

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 07:47:43 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
whiskey for me!

*sippin*

:)

that's a Tommy Pt!  Bass Thumper is raising one with us I'm sure!!

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
prediction time.

wizards play their best game in boston this season. horford and AB have bad shooting nights. wizards lead pretty much throughout.