Author Topic: Who do you have the Celts picking at 37? (Early 2nd round pick)  (Read 17745 times)

Re: Who do you have the Celts picking at 37? (Early 2nd round pick)
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
The more I look at the draft class the more I feel Jeanne should go top 20 just too much size to pass up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:13:10 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2017, 03:17:14 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I really don't see how Caleb Swanigan does not become an effective role player in the NBA that can rebound and hit jumpers. I'd love to bring him in if he's there.

If he eats his way out of the league like Sully, otherwise I see him as a good bench role player maybe a Taj Gibson type. I think there will be a lot of promising guys their at 37.

I'd take a Sully clone at 37

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The more I lool at the draft class the more I feel Jeanne should go top 20 just too much size to pass up.

I think there will be a lot of Risers and Fallers in this draft in the end of the 1st round beginning of the 2nd. There is a lot of solid NBA talent in this draft as well as some potential sleepers in the 2nd round. Half of the second round would be 1st round picks in most drafts. There are also a good many draft and stash Euros to be had. I still have hopes for this guy with our last 2nd rounder:
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/michael-fusek

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:25:48 PM by liam »

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
With that size, 7'3, he could be the next Gobert.  LOL.

The more I lool at the draft class the more I feel Jeanne should go top 20 just too much size to pass up.

I think there will be a lot of Risers and Fallers in this draft in the end of the 1st round beginning of the 2nd. There is a lot of solid NBA talent in this draft as well as some potential sleepers in the 2nd round. Half of the second round would be 1st round picks in most drafts. There are also a good many draft and stash Euros to be had. I still have hopes for this guy with our last 2nd rounder:

"Michael Fusek joins the 2016 NBA Draft

The name of the 20-years old Slovakian prospect - Michael Fusek is on the official list of the 2016 NBA Draft. Michal has a great potential to be a dominant center. His athletic and ball-handling skills are unique with his height of 223 cm.

Fusek is playing in one of the best teams in Belgium – Spirou Chaleroi. He had a debut game in the Belgian basketball league one year ago and in the current season he scored his first points. He also gained the first experiences in the Eurocup during the current season. Fusek played 10 minutes per game in the 2nd best international competition in Europe and grabbed 3,3 rebounds per game. Nowadays, he improves his skills and physical condition in the USA, while he's working out with Blair O'Donovan.

The 2016 NBA Draft will be held on the 23rd of June in Brooklin."

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
With that size, 7'3, he could be the next Gobert.  LOL.

"Michael Fusek joins the 2016 NBA Draft

The name of the 20-years old Slovakian prospect - Michael Fusek is on the official list of the 2016 NBA Draft. Michal has a great potential to be a dominant center. His athletic and ball-handling skills are unique with his height of 223 cm.

Fusek is playing in one of the best teams in Belgium – Spirou Chaleroi. He had a debut game in the Belgian basketball league one year ago and in the current season he scored his first points. He also gained the first experiences in the Eurocup during the current season. Fusek played 10 minutes per game in the 2nd best international competition in Europe and grabbed 3,3 rebounds per game. Nowadays, he improves his skills and physical condition in the USA, while he's working out with Blair O'Donovan.

The 2016 NBA Draft will be held on the 23rd of June in Brooklin."

He's huge and can shoot... Still growing into his body but has been playing basketball for a while and is on a good European team...

https://vimeo.com/159058976

Fusek is the second tallest player in our database all-time behind only Shawn Bradley. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Michael-Fusek-69117/ ©DraftExpress
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:32:51 PM by liam »

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2017, 10:24:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Write up on Fusek:

" C Michael Fusek, Spirou Charleroi (Belgium)

Height/Weight: 7-5, 220 lbs

The last center we’ll discuss is Michael Fusek. He is a very tall 7-foot-5 center but has surprising agility. His best moves are cutting to the basket and finishing plays at the rim due to his overall size. On top of the height, he also has good leaping ability, over 30 inches, placing his vertical among the highest in the NBA.

Fusek shows fluid movement, and is highly coordinated even when starting and stopping. His dimensions give him an advantage defensively in the NBA. He shows good instincts timing his jumps and hand placement when shot blocking. As an added bonus, he knows how to keep the ball in play on his blocks, too, creating turnovers rather than lower shooting accuracy.

Fusek is still underdeveloped physically, and his upper body is not strong enough to endure the pounding even at his current level of competition. Gaining weight is not easy, and appears to be a slow process. Fusek is a natural rim protector who has the upside to evolve into great defender. To do so, he will need to put on muscle mass to enable playing against heavier, physical players.

He has a positive outlook, and uses his natural size advantage when hauling in rebounds. As many second round prospects, he must continue to improve his overall skill set, strength, aggressiveness and confidence. He is a very raw player with the potential to achieve a very high level thanks to his size, mobility and attitude."

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2017, 11:52:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Is Luke Fischer, a 6'11" center with a 7'1.5" wingspan even going to be drafted. Looks like a good summer league invite. Remember last year when we had no centers in summer league? Thomas Welsh will probably also go undrafted...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:27:47 AM by liam »

« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2017, 11:09:54 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Swanigan, Oliver, Tony Bradley, or Anigbogu at 37. Bradley was a backup center at UNC and has a nose for the ball, he's a solid rebounder with a body type like Tim Duncan's.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
A combo guard. Or a 6-8 "big." Not sure which, and I don't have names, but these two types comprise 95% of Danny's draft picks, so it's a safe bet. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2017, 02:56:59 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Lets pick Swanigan. He can shoot 3's, rebounds, and hit free throws.  Back up PF
Lets get rid of all of our bigs except Horford. Release them or trade them.

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2017, 11:10:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I've still got my fingers crossed for Fusek as a draft and stash!

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2017, 11:20:57 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Lets pick Swanigan. He can shoot 3's, rebounds, and hit free throws.  Back up PF
Lets get rid of all of our bigs except Horford. Release them or trade them.
Great skills but slower than Arvydas Sabonis in his last years.  Really looks like he's in quicksand. 

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2017, 11:39:21 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I am suprised nobody mentioned Jordan Bell. Is there a chance he falls to 37? The Celtics could use a high energy big in the middle. He is a freak athlete with length. Capable of guarding 2-5. Another body to throw at LeBron. All the mock boards have him as an early second rounder.

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2017, 11:42:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
A combo guard. Or a 6-8 "big." Not sure which, and I don't have names, but these two types comprise 95% of Danny's draft picks, so it's a safe bet. ;D

Lol, TP ;D. Of course that's why he'll take Fultz, haha ;D.

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2017, 11:54:37 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
If Danny is not able to trade our 2nd rounders away for future picks he will most likely pick players who have agreed to be stashed.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.