Author Topic: Who do you have the Celts picking at 37? (Early 2nd round pick)  (Read 17851 times)

Re: Who do you have the Celts picking at 37? (Early 2nd round pick)
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2017, 12:13:18 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Think we go all PGs

« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2017, 09:41:20 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I am suprised nobody mentioned Jordan Bell. Is there a chance he falls to 37? The Celtics could use a high energy big in the middle. He is a freak athlete with length. Capable of guarding 2-5. Another body to throw at LeBron. All the mock boards have him as an early second rounder.

Try reading the thread.  He's mentioned in the very first post!

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2017, 05:16:40 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I am suprised nobody mentioned Jordan Bell. Is there a chance he falls to 37? The Celtics could use a high energy big in the middle. He is a freak athlete with length. Capable of guarding 2-5. Another body to throw at LeBron. All the mock boards have him as an early second rounder.

Try reading the thread.  He's mentioned in the very first post!

It was only a YouTube link, with no opinion from anyone. I was hoping to get thoughts on how Celtics fans think he would fit or an opinion on how his game would translate to the NBA level. Not a wise guy response

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2017, 05:22:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
bell at 37 is possible. draftexpress has him going at 33 right now.

they key, as it often is for second rounders, is how they perform during workouts for teams. nothing is set right now.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2017, 05:26:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
IT 2.0

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2017, 05:31:15 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
With 3 2nd round picks and a loaded roster, I say they pick at least 2 overseas players and keep them ovet there
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2017, 07:15:10 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would be shocked if he is available but draft express currently has Swanigan goin in the range of the 37th pick. Even if Cs have to trade up to 1st pick in the 2nd I would for him. If Yabu is left over seas for cap reasons Swanigan could have a role as soon as next year. He is an elite college rebounder who can shoot the 3 and has good length. If he is off the board (and he should be) Peters is another nice option he has a very refined offensive game and could be a productive floor spacer at the end of the bench. Both players worked out in Boston last offseason.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2017, 07:18:04 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The last thing that the Celtics need is for 3 2nd round picks to show up at training camp.  My guess is that Danny trades them for picks in 2024.

Depending how many spaces are cleared to open up money the Cs may need some cheap 2nd round guys to round out the roster. They also will be looking for 2 way contract recipients .
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I would be shocked if he is available but draft express currently has Swanigan goin in the range of the 37th pick. Even if Cs have to trade up to 1st pick in the 2nd I would for him. If Yabu is left over seas for cap reasons Swanigan could have a role as soon as next year. He is an elite college rebounder who can shoot the 3 and has good length. If he is off the board (and he should be) Peters is another nice option he has a very refined offensive game and could be a productive floor spacer at the end of the bench. Both players worked out in Boston last offseason.

I had posted in this thread awhile back with a different answer, but I'm changing it to Caleb Swanigan. C's need to do what ever they need to to get him. WE NEED A REBOUNDER, and this kid will get it done. I first really started paying attention to him after reading this article from The Ringer: https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-casual-fan-guide-justin-jackson-frank-mason-667bd53c32

Caleb Swanigan, Purdue
Swanigan waited to make his decision official until the 11th hour of the NBA draft process, eventually breaking my heart on Wednesday by announcing that he will, in fact, remain in the draft. As an Ohio State alum who grew up rooting for Indiana, I should have felt weird pulling so hard for Swanigan to succeed at Purdue. Yet nothing felt more natural. His incredible backstory certainly helped, but even if I didn’t know a single thing about Swanigan, he still would have been my favorite player in the country last season. He is a relentless workhorse every second that he’s on the court, fighting for post position and grabbing rebounds like his life depends on it. I couldn’t be happier to see him pursue his lifelong dream of getting paid millions of dollars to throw his ass into grown men, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t bummed that he won’t be destroying college basketball again in 2017–18.

Still, leaving college was a decision Swanigan had to make given that he achieved everything there is for a Purdue basketball player to achieve: He was named Big Ten Player of the Year and a first-team All-American; he won a Big Ten title; and he led the Boilermakers to the Sweet 16. So even though he likely won’t be a first-round pick because of the concerns about his game at the next level — he’s a defensive liability, he’s far from a top-tier athlete, and his frame is a bit short for his skill set — another year in West Lafayette wouldn’t have helped his draft stock.

As he continues to put in the work to shed weight and expand his game like he has for each of the past seven years, I see no reason Swanigan can’t develop into a serious contributor for a title contender. But if this is the end of his relevance to the average basketball fan, I just want to say — nah, you know what, screw that. Swanigan is getting drafted, making a roster, and kicking ass in the NBA. I’m not even going to acknowledge the alternative.

The same author wrote this about him back in January: https://theringer.com/caleb-swanigan-purdue-boilermakers-college-basketball-825f665c2969

Look at the hustle with this kid... he never stops moving. He's everything we wanted Sully to be. Yes he had an eating problem, but he worked his butt off, literally, and transformed his body. He's a top tier rebounder and has a legit 3 point shot. This kid has faced so much adversity in his life, his story is incredible, and now he's easily the top sleeper in this draft. He went from a 400lb homeless teenager to an NBA prospect. Here's a YouTube video on his backstory if you care to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5--HCjNXVU

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
The ringer has Ivan Rabb at 35. If he conceivably fell to 37 he'd be an awesome pickup. 6'10" with a 7'2" wingspan and 9'1" standing reach. 10 rebounds a game and a 40% 3 point shooter(small sample size) Rabb would be a great energy guy to come off of the bench next year.

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2017, 11:15:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I except the 37th pick to be on the roster and the rest of the 2nd round picks to be on two way contracts, overseas or traded. I'd like to see them draft the best big. Thomas Bryant, Jordan Bell, Jonathan Motley, Caleb Swanigan and Tony Bradley all would be good picks.

If we sign Hayward we might really need cheap players, and no player is cheaper than a second round rookie.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 11:20:57 PM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2017, 09:01:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Chris boucher looks very interesting.  Not sure where he will land in the draft.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/05/23/chris-boucher-has-a-unique-skill-set-and-an-even-more-unique-story/

he is apparently just the third major-conference player of this decade to average at least 17 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks per 40 minutes with an offensive efficiency rating of at least 120. - the other two players being Anthony Davis and Karl-Anthony Towns.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:10:00 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
If Josh Hart is available, I want Josh Hart.

He can shoot, has shown in college that he can score, and he defend. Athleticism wise, he's within NBA level. Physically ready and has the size at 6'6", 215 with a 6'8" wingspan.

In short, he's NBA ready.

Still has to work on that weird shooting mechanics of his, but you can't ask anything else from a 2nd round pick stand point from him
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2017, 09:09:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Everyone wants Jordan bell lol

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
People don't realize that this draft is actually very deep. We can walk away with a solid contributor at 37 if it goes right.