Author Topic: Who do you have the Celts picking at 37? (Early 2nd round pick)  (Read 17908 times)

Re: Who do you have the Celts picking at 37? (Early 2nd round pick)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 05:24:01 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I agree with what Salt and Pho said - a draft/stash or trade are the most likely scenarios.

The one exception could be if we renounce all/most of our free agents in order to create cap space, then it'd make a lot more sense to keep the pick on order to add cheap talent to the roster. Ainge has a good track record in the second round.

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
Also, if we do keep this pick, why not target the best shooter possible? It's tough to find a legit rebounding big (who's not an undersized power forward like Gomes, Powe or Big Baby) in the second round, and we have just about every other skillset covered on this roster. One thing we could use is a role player that can shoot the lights out. I haven't followed the draft closely enough to give any potential names, but there has to be someone that fits that description.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The last thing that the Celtics need is for 3 2nd round picks to show up at training camp.  My guess is that Danny trades them for picks in 2024.

I expect the ones in the 50s sign 2-way contracts with Maine.  They'll be in training camp, but only as extra bodies.  Otherwise they'll be in Boston that week everyone gets the flu.

C's probably will have 4 rookies on the roster tho, next year.  Nets pick, Zizic, and two of Yab, Nader, and this pick.

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Also, if we do keep this pick, why not target the best shooter possible? It's tough to find a legit rebounding big (who's not an undersized power forward like Gomes, Powe or Big Baby) in the second round, and we have just about every other skillset covered on this roster. One thing we could use is a role player that can shoot the lights out. I haven't followed the draft closely enough to give any potential names, but there has to be someone that fits that description.

Top shooters by the 2nd round Lydon, thornwell, semi

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
The last thing that the Celtics need is for 3 2nd round picks to show up at training camp.  My guess is that Danny trades them for picks in 2024.

Has danny traded these picks? 2 of what 10? Rest its like him going shopping

Intl draft and stash also a possibility

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 05:35:42 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford

Thanks for the names! Not to derail this thread, but your post just reminded me of what may have been the best nickname in sports history - Semih (pro) Erden. Cracked me up the first time I saw it on here back in the day.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 05:36:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ainge will select someone who will either be stashed overseas or in Maine. Who that player is, isn't important. He won't be in Boston anytime soon.

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Thanks for the names! Not to derail this thread, but your post just reminded me of what may have been the best nickname in sports history - Semih (pro) Erden. Cracked me up the first time I saw it on here back in the day.

I liked Erden... Actually didnt want danny to trade him

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ainge will select someone who will either be stashed overseas or in Maine. Who that player is, isn't important. He won't be in Boston anytime soon.

Celts will likely lose amir, jerebko, young , green, zeller (hopefully)... So how is danny going to replace all of these bodies?

Celts need to concern about the cap with needing to extend ab, IT4 etc... Teams are relying more and more on rookies to provide bench firepower imo

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 05:46:43 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford

I liked Erden... Actually didnt want danny to trade him

Likewise - he was a quality young big for us when we were very thin at center. Didn't mean my post as a knock against him - just a nickname that I found to be very creative and funny.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 06:26:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think that who we pick at #37 has a real good chance to make the team. The 53 and 56 will be stashes. Not the #37.

We are either going to make a consolidating trade or renounce/trade players to sign a FA or BOTH.

Vet minimums and cheap rookie deals will be the order of the day...I hope. That means we got at least one big fish.

Some real good prospects could be around.

Motley, but I think he goes first round.

Alec Peters because of his season ending injury could still be there.  Tough rebounder and lights out shooter.

Thomas Bryant is my favorite, but don't think he lasts to 37. Perfect for CBS's system. Can hit the 3 and rebound.

Anigbogu and Tony Bradley are going to be very good NBA players someday.

Cam Oliver (can shoot AND 'bound) and Devin Robinson (if we strike out on Hayward) are undervalued players that if they are there, I'd consider.

More talent than usual in the early second, in my opinion. I think they stick with us and we stash 53 and 56.

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 07:09:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think that who we pick at #37 has a real good chance to make the team. The 53 and 56 will be stashes. Not the #37.

We are either going to make a consolidating trade or renounce/trade players to sign a FA or BOTH.

Vet minimums and cheap rookie deals will be the order of the day...I hope. That means we got at least one big fish.

Some real good prospects could be around.

Motley, but I think he goes first round.

Alec Peters because of his season ending injury could still be there.  Tough rebounder and lights out shooter.

Thomas Bryant is my favorite, but don't think he lasts to 37. Perfect for CBS's system. Can hit the 3 and rebound.

Anigbogu and Tony Bradley are going to be very good NBA players someday.

Cam Oliver (can shoot AND 'bound) and Devin Robinson (if we strike out on Hayward) are undervalued players that if they are there, I'd consider.

More talent than usual in the early second, in my opinion. I think they stick with us and we stash 53 and 56.

Thomas Bryant prob wont last... Works hard.  Can shoot the 3
7'5 wingspan

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Celts will likely lose amir, jerebko, young , green, zeller (hopefully)... So how is danny going to replace all of these bodies?

Celts need to concern about the cap with needing to extend ab, IT4 etc... Teams are relying more and more on rookies to provide bench firepower imo
Depends on the rookie. The Celtics will probably have 4 rookies already on the squad so I seriously doubt anyone chosen 37th is going to make this team, nevermind be firepower.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:04 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

Nigel Hayes  or someone at 56 might make the team. You neva know! 
There might be some jabroni at pick 60, a 5'10 pg who turns out to be pretty good.
You neva know...
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

I expect the ones in the 50s sign 2-way contracts with Maine.  They'll be in training camp, but only as extra bodies.  Otherwise they'll be in Boston that week everyone gets the flu.

C's probably will have 4 rookies on the roster tho, next year.  Nets pick, Zizic, and two of Yab, Nader, and this pick.
Unless all those second rounders are on the 15 man roster, I don't think the shuttle to Maine would work.

But to keep with the thread theme, I hope they pick Jeanne.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva