Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Wizards (2-3) Round 2 Game 6 5/12/17  (Read 87464 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Wizards (2-3) Round 2 Game 6 5/12/17
« Reply #975 on: May 13, 2017, 05:36:10 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Ugh, tough one to swallow. At least the all-black gimmick didn't totally backfire since the team brought its killer mentality. AB was huge once again, too bad the bench didn't show up, if it had even a minimum we would have won.

The unforced turnover when we were up 5 with 1 minute to go brought Washington back.

Kudos to Wall for hitting that shot though.

Hopefully we dominate again at home in game 7 but anything can happen unfortunately.

« Reply #976 on: May 13, 2017, 05:49:29 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Please stop blaming officiating... It happens both ways and usually evens out

NO!  if u think the NBA has COMPETENT OFFICIATING and is fair and always equals out i really do not know what to say

Ok so the officials are out to single out the celts?

Cmon... Every team feels they were robbed

Why dont th Celts fans then blame the refs if the opponents lose due to "bad" officiating?

They are humans not perfect robots. It evens out

Gortat shouldve fouled out earlier. He was literally shoving people on screens. It wasnt the usual moving screens that most people set.
If I'm remembering correctly he's only been called once for an illegal screen this series, but is constantly moving and pushing people after he engages the screen. If the patriots had guards that pulled like gortat james white would run for 2000 yards.. I really don't get it.

Also Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. were the refs looking at on the oubre offensive interference in the 1st half? That was obvious it's crazy that 3 zebras couldn't see that. But then again it was Kenny mauer and the gang out there so it doesn't surprise me as much.. Pretty aggravating seeing wall get every touch foul but IT gets no respect..
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #977 on: May 13, 2017, 05:55:07 AM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
What is Kelly Olynyk doing in the game on key defensive possession in the 4th quarter ?
He got beat off the dribble over and over. Jaylen Brown, with Olynyk's minutes would score just as well while rebounding and defending much better.

What is Steven's love affair with Olynyk ?
We may never know.. seriously tho I don't think I've ever seen a more uncoordinated player on the court ever. He must have fell at least 3 time just this game with little to no contact. He's like a newborn deer out there. I really wish jerebko would get that bums minutes because he gives 100 percent effort all the time and actually plays defense.
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #978 on: May 13, 2017, 06:54:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That blown goal tend call by Oubre came back to bite us, that two points they should not have got made all the difference in the end.

You are aware he had 8 boards last night.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400952531

When you don' t a great bench or they are not playing well, you have to choose the lesser or evils.     Amir looks shot from time to time.   Kelly is all over the place in terms of play, some nights good other nights bad.   But we could sorely use a reliable four that would limit the amount we have to rely on the invisible men on our team, who sometimes vanish in games.

« Reply #979 on: May 13, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
That blown goal tend call by Oubre came back to bite us, that two points they should not have got made all the difference in the end.

You are aware he had 8 boards last night.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400952531

When you don' t a great bench or they are not playing well, you have to choose the lesser or evils.     Amir looks shot from time to time.   Kelly is all over the place in terms of play, some nights good other nights bad.   But we could sorely use a reliable four that would limit the amount we have to rely on the invisible men on our team, who sometimes vanish in games.

Even a 4 that is on Markieff Morris' level would make a huge difference for this team.
#JKJB

« Reply #980 on: May 13, 2017, 10:44:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Even a 4 that is on Markieff Morris' level would make a huge difference for this team.

I agree.

« Reply #981 on: May 13, 2017, 10:58:12 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Also, when Brown was bricking everything, why didn't Stevens try Gerald? Brown played fine overall, but defense wasn't the problem last night. And Green is a wildcard, but they were 3/16 from three at one point on mostly wide-open looks.

« Reply #982 on: May 13, 2017, 11:04:11 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Was wondering the same thing. We were stone cold from outside.