Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Wizards (2-3) Round 2 Game 6 5/12/17  (Read 88056 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Wizards (2-3) Round 2 Game 6 5/12/17
« Reply #930 on: May 12, 2017, 11:05:40 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Awful late game execution on both ends made that game winner possible.

not sure why he gave him so much cushion. Doesn't make sense.

Brad had GREAT plays down the stretch. And Bradley did the right thing, you don't press up on John Wall.

The hell you don't. In that situation press up all the way on him.

He's a 32% 3PT shooter and he was wayyyy behind the line. Press up and he'll drive on you and possibly kickout to Beal, a 40% 3PT shooter.

No chance is there an available kickout to Beal.  You don't help off of him.

If you need to help on a drive, you come off of Gortat (who can't shoot threes) or Morris (36% from three).  Beal and Porter you cover like glue.

Watch the replay. Beal already slid backdoor and was going to cut towards the baseline. Anyway that was one great shot, we'll see what the team is made of in a couple of days.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #931 on: May 12, 2017, 11:06:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Wall: "Don't come to my city wearing all black."

Lol. He seems more interested in his image than winning basketball games.  He got gifted on a bad shot.  He should be thinking about how he could've gotten a higher %age shot rather than beating his own chest.

Amen. I hate everything about him. Jackass

« Reply #932 on: May 12, 2017, 11:07:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Brad had GREAT plays down the stretch. And Bradley did the right thing, you don't press up on John Wall.

He's a 32% 3PT shooter and he was wayyyy behind the line. Press up and he'll drive on you and possibly kickout to Beal, a 40% 3PT shooter.

If you need to help on a drive, you come off of Gortat (who can't shoot threes) or Morris (36% from three).  Beal and Porter you cover like glue.

Watch the replay. Beal already slid backdoor and was going to cut towards the baseline. Anyway that was one great shot, we'll see what the team is made of in a couple of days.

Boston should have known that Washington was going to go for the win. And Wall was going to take the shot. He stepped right into it. Get on his hip...let him drive...foul if you have to. He was not giving the ball up

« Reply #933 on: May 12, 2017, 11:07:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Big choke job by the C's. BIG. They had this. It's what they get for wearing the stupid black suits.

Exactly this. I can't tell you how dumb this type of move is. It's complete arrogance and a lack of respect for the opponent. All it did was motivate them. I just really hate the character and BBIQ of this particular team at times.

« Reply #934 on: May 12, 2017, 11:09:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
5 up at that time ...you want to get a good shot. Team did not come back to help IT when he was trapped at mid-court.

« Reply #935 on: May 12, 2017, 11:10:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Wiz are coming in glad to be alive

C's coming in p---ed off for giving this game away. I hope they play like it. Boston having 2 days off should be ready to go

« Reply #936 on: May 12, 2017, 11:10:36 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
What is Kelly Olynyk doing in the game on key defensive possession in the 4th quarter ?
He got beat off the dribble over and over. Jaylen Brown, with Olynyk's minutes would score just as well while rebounding and defending much better.

What is Steven's love affair with Olynyk ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #937 on: May 12, 2017, 11:10:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
5 up at that time ...you want to get a good shot. Team did not come back to help IT when he was trapped at mid-court.

Agree..

Would have liked to have seen IT off the ball there

« Reply #938 on: May 12, 2017, 11:11:29 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Boston should have known that Washington was going to go for the win. And Wall was going to take the shot. He stepped right into it. Get on his hip...let him drive...foul if you have to. He was not giving the ball up

Wall was going to take the shot. And a three at that. Knew from the moment he held the ball. Ive seen PP do it a lot of times.

« Reply #939 on: May 12, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Wall: "Don't come to my city wearing all black."

Lol. He seems more interested in his image than winning basketball games.  He got gifted on a bad shot.  He should be thinking about how he could've gotten a higher %age shot rather than beating his own chest.

Amen. I hate everything about him. Jackass

Why are you made?

Take those goggles off

He said nothing wrong. IT would have said the same thing.

Wall has a right to tell them off, he beat them on that shot and kicked them out of Washington back to Boston.

I got respect for Wall, and he was a true warrior today.

Blame the dumb Celtics for trying something stupid.

Last time i checked IT Crowder and company were saying it was foolishness and they would never do something like that. Months later and they pull this off, at least Washington backed it up and sliced them back when they did it. Celtics looked like losers tonight.

« Reply #940 on: May 12, 2017, 11:12:34 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Big choke job by the C's. BIG. They had this. It's what they get for wearing the stupid black suits.

Exactly this. I can't tell you how dumb this type of move is. It's complete arrogance and a lack of respect for the opponent. All it did was motivate them. I just really hate the character and BBIQ of this particular team at times.

Disagree. We need some swagger. If the Wiz were motivated, they didn't show it, they looked rattled for much of this match.

And I'd much rather suffer a bad luck loss on a desperate last second shot in a game where we were the better team than a meek no-show like the previous 2 games in Washington.

This game will be an important part of our development, so long as we react properly to our injured pride.

« Reply #941 on: May 12, 2017, 11:13:07 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

« Reply #942 on: May 12, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
7 games is great. Aren't we fans to watch good basketball? We get an extra game in the garden for free now before we go to ECF :D

« Reply #943 on: May 12, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Wizards fans are celebrating like they won the title.  Seriously, I'm ready for a parade on Monday.

Also, I'm still 0-for-my-lifetime in attending Celtics playoff games.  It was probably my karma that did it.  Sorry everyone.

« Reply #944 on: May 12, 2017, 11:15:43 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Wizards fans are celebrating like they won the title.  Seriously, I'm ready for a parade on Monday.

Also, I'm still 0-for-my-lifetime in attending Celtics playoff games.  It was probably my karma that did it.  Sorry everyone.

You live in DC?

Give them their celebration, they don't get them often.