Author Topic: Post 2017 lottery predictions here  (Read 3957 times)

Re: Post 2017 lottery predictions here
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When do the Celts takeover this nets pick?

Is it going to be awkward with the nets sending a rep for the lottery ....?

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 04:16:33 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Suns - Ball
Celtics - Fultz
76ers - Jackson

Lakers lose their pick, BELIEVE!

I would like to offer a second prediction...

1 - Some team other than Boston or LA - Fultz
2 - Some team other than Boston or LA - Jackson
3 - Some team other than Boston or LA - Tatum
4 - Boston takes Ball, trades to LA for Nance + something else...

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The only problem with the Lakers losing their pick would be the sixers getting another lottery pick. What will that give them about 7 or 8 of them over the past 3 years. Do we want that?

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 05:33:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
The only problem with the Lakers losing their pick would be the sixers getting another lottery pick. What will that give them about 7 or 8 of them over the past 3 years. Do we want that?

No the fans hoping for that are being extremely short sighted. The 76ers have two very legitimate pieces in Embiid and Simmons (obviously with health concerns) and a nice role player in Saric plus cap space and already one top 7 pick. Why in the world would you want a team in our division to add  an extra top 3 pick to that? We would then be playing this new core with a bonus top 3 pick the next 5 years as smart, Brown and someone like Fultz or Jackson develops. It could potentially be really bad for us.

Meanwhile, we play the Lakers twice a year and they don't have a single player that currently projects as an all star. Worst case scenario they somehow become good again and we are playing them in the finals (At which point it is already a fairly good season). I really don't get people that can't see how potentially important that is to the Celtics fans. Also thank god they gave up Noel for pennies and Okafor is a bust or we would already have a huge problem.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
A bunch of witching with a B. "THE LOTTERY IS RIGGED!!"
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 06:45:17 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

No the fans hoping for that are being extremely short sighted. The 76ers have two very legitimate pieces in Embiid and Simmons (obviously with health concerns) and a nice role player in Saric plus cap space and already one top 7 pick. Why in the world would you want a team in our division to add  an extra top 3 pick to that? We would then be playing this new core with a bonus top 3 pick the next 5 years as smart, Brown and someone like Fultz or Jackson develops. It could potentially be really bad for us.

Meanwhile, we play the Lakers twice a year and they don't have a single player that currently projects as an all star. Worst case scenario they somehow become good again and we are playing them in the finals (At which point it is already a fairly good season). I really don't get people that can't see how potentially important that is to the Celtics fans. Also thank god they gave up Noel for pennies and Okafor is a bust or we would already have a huge problem.
If the Sixers get the Lakers pick this year, it will be 4th - 6th.  They'll get a good player but  unlikely to be at the Embiid/Simmons level.  If not this year, they'll get it next year unprotected.  I don't expect the Lakers to improve much so the Sixers could actually end up with a better player next year. 

On the other hand if the Lakers lose their 2017 pick, they'll also lose their 2019 pick.  They'll have little capability to acquire talent to enhance their chance of getting PG in free agency the following year.  The Lakers have already experienced their worst 3 year period in their history.  I'd like to see that extended for another 3 years while we hopefully build a contender.