Author Topic: KG, PP, Perk & Big Baby on Ray leaving  (Read 8310 times)

Re: KG, PP, Perk & Big Baby on Ray leaving
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Cool to see the bunch back together again.

That championship season (and the next 2-3 years after) meant SO MUCH to us as Celtics fans.

If Paul, KG, Perk, Rondo and BB are truly upset at HOW he left then I can understand that. But even after almost 10 YEARS they still holding a grudge?

Just let it go. Whether or not Ray even comes around let it be on HIM - not on THEM.

They're letting this beef cloud over how special those years were.

Just let it go.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:51:27 PM by celts10 »

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

That championship season (and the next 2-3 years after) meant SO MUCH to us as Celtics fans.

If Paul, KG, Perk, Rondo and BB are truly upset at HOW he left then I can understand that. But even after almost 10 YEARS they still holding a grudge?

Just let it go. Whether or not Ray even comes around let it be on HIM - not on THEM.

Just let it go.

Let it go how? What do you want them to do? I don't think Ray Allen has even tried reaching out to them. I mean they were asked a question and responded. They have clearly moved on and are happy with each other. Ray Allen doesn't want to be a part of that. He made it pretty clear he doesn't care with his Facebook reply today. You should check out his facebook page. He's in Miami gear. He is not a Celtic, lol. He doesn't see himself that way.

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 04:50:19 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Just let it go.

I was as ticked as anyone when Ray left but its been five years now. Hell, even Perkins joined LeBron to ring chase in Cleveland (2015) and just this season Rondo and DWade became teammates. Just let it go, I have to agree.

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 04:53:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Just let it go.

Let it go how? What do you want them to do? I don't think Ray Allen has even tried reaching out to them. I mean they were asked a question and responded. They have clearly moved on and are happy with each other. Ray Allen doesn't want to be a part of that. He made it pretty clear he doesn't care with his Facebook reply today. You should check out his facebook page. He's in Miami gear. He is not a Celtic, lol. He doesn't see himself that way.

I saw the facebook post and thought it was pretty cool and funny, myself.

Doesn't make me any less of a Celtics fan either.

If Rondo is offended (or any Celtics fan for that matter) they should MAN (or WOMAN) up.

The fact that the five of them even discussed it on air like this means that it must still be an issue for them as well.

Whatever.

Fast forward from the contending years nearly all of them out either retired or out of the NBA, and the few that are left are hanging on by threads.

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 05:00:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Look, the fact that that Facebook post had only ONE CELTIC on it should let us know (in an overt manner) who Ray may have had an issue with.

For me, I'll always remember his good times in Green. If it wasn't for Ray Allen KG wouldn't have even went to BOS.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
seems ray was the bad teammate not rajon, i always suspected it that ray gets favourable coverage from the media because he is so friendly with them, whilst rajon couldn't care less.

it will be quite embrassing for ray if they decide to retire his number and none of his ex teammates show up.

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i don't understand if ray just had the issue with rajon how come he doesn't communicate with the rest of his teammates, tells ya something right there

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Look, the fact that that Facebook post had only ONE CELTIC on it should let us know (in an overt manner) who Ray may have had an issue with.

For me, I'll always remember his good times in Green. If it wasn't for Ray Allen KG wouldn't have even went to BOS.

The funny thing is that Rondo was the only one who didn't comment on it last night. I also thought Pierce confirming that Ray was unhappy with Avery taking some of his minutes was also telling.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ray Allen deleted his childish Facebook post... this guy is such a diva

https://twitter.com/espnforsberg/status/861951464754692096

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It cracked me up. Life's not that serious.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 06:12:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
2 thoughts

Big baby looks really awful for being 31.. I do worry about his long term health.

As for this, I generally have to take the stance that if 6-8 guys all feel like a guy did something wrong (some of them with very very different personality as kg, pierce, rondo and perkins are very different), the guy probably did something pretty wrong.

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 06:14:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
2 thoughts

Big baby looks really awful for being 31.. I do worry about his long term health.

As for this, I generally have to take the stance that if 6-8 guys all feel like a guy did something wrong (some of them with very very different personality as kg, pierce, rondo and perkins are very different), the guy probably did something pretty wrong.
agreed. People like pierce and baby don't seem like the type to hold a grudge unless it was serious 

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 06:28:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Nets fans ought to be grateful that Allen left.  Ainge could have at least gotten an additional pick swap in the trade. 

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 06:33:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

It cracked me up. Life's not that serious.

Well [dang]...

Ray Allen with no chill 😂
The only color that matters is GREEN