Author Topic: KG, PP, Perk & Big Baby on Ray leaving  (Read 8313 times)

Re: KG, PP, Perk & Big Baby on Ray leaving
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
The irony of that whole thing was everyone there got traded except the one that wasn't, Ray. I found that funny.

When I'm old and gray that always be my team. Special groups like that don't come around very often. Any beef with Ray will be squashed eventually.

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
2 thoughts

Big baby looks really awful for being 31.. I do worry about his long term health.

As for this, I generally have to take the stance that if 6-8 guys all feel like a guy did something wrong (some of them with very very different personality as kg, pierce, rondo and perkins are very different), the guy probably did something pretty wrong.
agreed. People like pierce and baby don't seem like the type to hold a grudge unless it was serious

TP to both of you.

The Cs offered RA 12 million for 2 years with a NO TRADE CLAUSE. If that's not a huge, expensive, committing olive branch, I don't know what is. The cHeat offered him 3 mil/year.

Judas didn't leave his  brethren to chase a ring (that was only incidental and the ultimate pork job/icing on the cake). He left to the team that he did, the enemy, the cHeat, so he could give a big middle finger to Ainge, Doc and Rondo, his brothers in arms (PP and KG, especially), be [dang]ed. He didn't care who he hurt in sticking it to his targets.

He's a traitor, he's a Judas, and I'm praying that Markelle Fultz gets #20. No rafters for you little Ray Ray, you're a cHeat.

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 06:49:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Nets fans ought to be grateful that Allen left.  Ainge could have at least gotten an additional pick swap in the trade.

This is the post of the day.....lol TP!

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 11:05:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The irony of that whole thing was everyone there got traded except the one that wasn't, Ray. I found that funny.

When I'm old and gray that always be my team. Special groups like that don't come around very often. Any beef with Ray will be squashed eventually.

Ray traded his home, his friends for a ring. I'd never do that. When we are old its better to have all of these relationships than just another accomplishment.

And the stupid thing is, he couldve gotten both if he just talked to the guys before leaving. I mean, just ask PP and KG out for coffee or whatever Ray is drinking and tell them your feelings before leaving.

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 11:59:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'm reminded of this article and with a lot of quotes from Pierce a few years back.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/12690080/washington-wizards-paul-pierce-speaks-truth

Ray was always distant and PP didn't seem to mind how Allen left back then.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 11:35:11 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Still hate Ray Allen for the way he left, and how we lost Game 3 of the 2010 Finals. He saved LeBron his career in 2013.

kawhi missing that FT cost the spurs back to back titles against lebron.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 03:38:19 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Still hate Ray Allen for the way he left, and how we lost Game 3 of the 2010 Finals. He saved LeBron his career in 2013.

kawhi missing that FT cost the spurs back to back titles against lebron.

Sorry, but it wasn't the missed free throw. It was Coach "Genius" Popovich inexplicably taking his best rebounders out of the game and allowing Miami the second shots - I was screaming at the TV when he did it.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce