Author Topic: BOS-TOR-NYK offseason trade idea  (Read 1930 times)

BOS-TOR-NYK offseason trade idea
« on: May 08, 2017, 01:18:12 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19332982/zach-lowe-kyle-lowry-demar-derozan-future-toronto-raptors-nba-playoffs

Zach Lowe's got me convinced that Toronto is going to blow it up this offseason rather than pay absurd amounts in luxury tax for a team that feels significantly far from contention.  In order to do so, they are probably going to not resign Lowry or Ibaka and then they have to trade Derozan.  Lowe is right that Derozan is a tricky piece to trade since he's a tough fit into most offenses.

Boston gets Carmelo
Boston trades Rozier, Zeller, 2019 first round pick (one of the MEM/LAC/BOS ones)

NYK gets Derozan
NYK trades Carmelo

Toronto gets Rozier, Tyler Zeller, 2019 first rounder
Toronto trades Derozan

Toronto is trading away Derozan for not a whole lot of return here, but this is first contingent on if they do not sign Lowry + Ibaka in a decision to enter a rebuild effort.  Giving Lowry a max at age 31 is very risky and if he does leave, they have no good choice but to blow it up.  Second it is because, like mentioned earlier, I'm not sure there are any teams that would really give up a lot to get Derozan right now.  I don't think the Pelicans or Charlotte can put together much better offers without having to send bad contracts back to Toronto.

Also, Celtics will be sufficiently under the cap this offseason to make this trade happen by not resigning guys like Amir and Jerebko.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: BOS-TOR-NYK offseason trade idea
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
If we are able to draft Fultz, the Celtics rotation would look like:

IT (32) / Fultz (16)
Bradley (30) / Smart (18)
Crowder (20) / Jaylen (20) / Smart (8 )
Carmelo (30) / Crowder (10) / Yabu (8 )
Horford (30) / Zizic (18)

If we draft Josh Jackson, it would look like:

IT (32) / Smart (16)
Bradley (30) / Jaylen (18)
Crowder (20) / Jackson (20) / Smart (8 )
Carmelo (30) / Crowder (10) / Yabu (8 )
Horford (30) / Zizic (18)
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 01:36:41 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I can't see Toronto accepting this. By far.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 08:25:04 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
They'd be able to get much more for DeRozan. I imagine LAL would be interested and would probably give up Randle and Clarkson to get into the discussion.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 09:29:33 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
DeRozan would attract a lot of interest.  He's an all-star in his prime with 4 years on his contract. 

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 10:17:26 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
DeRozan would attract a lot of interest.  He's an all-star in his prime with 4 years on his contract.

Maybe not.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-team-offseason-rebuilding-raptors-clippers-bulls-pacers-f6b9c8062500

Since the article published, I’ve asked around and a few front-office executives told me they don’t think there’s that much interest in DeRozan. He’s a vintage player, and his 41.1 effective field goal percentage in the playoffs is alarmingly bad. DeRozan will need to extend his shooting range to 3 for his playoff production to improve.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:45 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19332982/zach-lowe-kyle-lowry-demar-derozan-future-toronto-raptors-nba-playoffs

Zach Lowe's got me convinced that Toronto is going to blow it up this offseason rather than pay absurd amounts in luxury tax for a team that feels significantly far from contention.  In order to do so, they are probably going to not resign Lowry or Ibaka and then they have to trade Derozan.  Lowe is right that Derozan is a tricky piece to trade since he's a tough fit into most offenses.

Boston gets Carmelo
Boston trades Rozier, Zeller, 2019 first round pick (one of the MEM/LAC/BOS ones)

NYK gets Derozan
NYK trades Carmelo

Toronto gets Rozier, Tyler Zeller, 2019 first rounder
Toronto trades Derozan

Toronto is trading away Derozan for not a whole lot of return here, but this is first contingent on if they do not sign Lowry + Ibaka in a decision to enter a rebuild effort.  Giving Lowry a max at age 31 is very risky and if he does leave, they have no good choice but to blow it up.  Second it is because, like mentioned earlier, I'm not sure there are any teams that would really give up a lot to get Derozan right now.  I don't think the Pelicans or Charlotte can put together much better offers without having to send bad contracts back to Toronto.

Also, Celtics will be sufficiently under the cap this offseason to make this trade happen by not resigning guys like Amir and Jerebko.
i mean how in the world did you come up with this.
Zeller, Rozier, 2019 1st = Melo = DeRozan
non of that makes any sence whatsoever
And i would stay away from both of those guys, one way players
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:50 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
New York getting Derozan for Carmelo is a joke.

Toronto giving up the third best SG in the league for a borderline prospect, a scrub, and a bad 1st rounder that won't even convey for two seasons is also a joke.

Plus I don't really like Carmelo so even though that's a fair price for the C's to give up I still wouldn't be inclined to do it.

So... no?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 10:57:40 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If that's all it costs, why include NY?   Take Derozan. 

Of course, it would take more. 

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
New York getting Derozan for Carmelo is a joke.

Toronto giving up the third best SG in the league for a borderline prospect, a scrub, and a bad 1st rounder that won't even convey for two seasons is also a joke.

Plus I don't really like Carmelo so even though that's a fair price for the C's to give up I still wouldn't be inclined to do it.

So... no?

I agree.  Toronto would never do this and the Knicks would be dancing in the streets, getting a cheaper better player....  Carmelo isn't a starting PF in this league because he doesn't rebound well.  He only averaged 6 RPG!  How does this help us?