Author Topic: AB, Crowder, Zeller to MIN for 6th pick + Dieng?  (Read 1115 times)

AB, Crowder, Zeller to MIN for 6th pick + Dieng?
« on: May 08, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Nikola Pekovic's contract would be used to match and may become a valuable trade asset (12 mill expiring). Dieng gives us lockdown post d, rebounding, and a commanding 15-20 foot jumpshot. Use the 6th pick to get Monk, Isaac, Smith, Fox, or Markkanen. Preferably Monk.

This, of course, is a hypothetical trade given where Minnesota is projected to land in the draft. They are thirsty to bring in veterans in an attempt to make a big leap next season. Defensive oriented coach Thibodeau would jump at the chance to coach two pit bulls like AB and Crowder. The question then becomes - are they willing to sacrifice a high pick in a loaded draft?

Some will see this as a step back for the Celtics, but I see this as a trade that I could see paying off big time in the next 3-5 years for Boston. Monk, Smith, Isaac, Fox would all be top 3 picks in a less endowed (normal) draft, and their ceilings sky rocket Crowders or Bradley's.

Bradley will command more than we will be willing to pay him after next season. Retaining both he and Thomas would be almost impossible. Let Minny have the headache of signing a stroky 6"2 injury prone SG to a 18m + a year contract.

Imagine drafting Tatum and then pulling off this trade and bringing in Monk as well. Losing Bradley and Crowders defense would be a small price to pay to bring in that type of offensive fire power.

Then sign Hayward and flip Rozier and a 2nd for a big like Willy Hernangomez for roster balance..

PG: Isaiah Thomas --- Marcus Smart --- Demetrius Jackson
SG: Jaylen Brown --- Malik Monk --- Gerald Green
SF: Gordon Hayward --- Jayson Tatum --- James Young
PF: Al Horford --- Willy Hernangomez --- Guerschon Yabusele
C: Gorgui Dieng --- Ante Zizic --- Amir Johnson

Re: AB, Crowder, Zeller to MIN for 6th pick + Dieng?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'd be fine with it. I doubt Minny would do it

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 10:06:27 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
This would also make Minny a very fun (and scary team) out west..ecspecially if they fulfilled their need for a PF in free agency and signed Olynyk - they'd be like the new western conference version of the Celtics...

Ricky Rubio / Kris Dunn
Avery Bradley / Zach LaVine
Andrew Wiggins / Shabazz Muahmmed
Kelly Olynyk / Jae Crowder
Karl Towns / Tyler Zeller

Would instantly be my second favorite team in the league and a probably 4-6 seed in the West.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 10:22:02 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If I knew we'd be signing Hayward or trading for George / Butler,  I'd do that deal.

I'd miss AB. Crowder, less so.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't think much of Dieng. He is only a borderline starter. He would be a good backup center on this Celtics team but nothing more.

His defense isn't good enough. He still gets pushed around too easily.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 10:23:04 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
I'd prefer to make it Smart instead of Bradley, but either way I doubt T-Wolves do it. Maybe if you add a future first, but even then. I think Crowder has ruined his trade value. He's been pretty pretty awful

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 10:23:25 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
This would also make Minny a very fun (and scary team) out west..ecspecially if they fulfilled their need for a PF in free agency and signed Olynyk - they'd be like the new western conference version of the Celtics...

Ricky Rubio / Kris Dunn
Avery Bradley / Zach LaVine
Andrew Wiggins / Shabazz Muahmmed
Kelly Olynyk / Jae Crowder
Karl Towns / Tyler Zeller

Would instantly be my second favorite team in the league and a probably 4-6 seed in the West.

Crowder is not a PF, we get killed on the boards playing him there.  He can only play it for very limited minutes.  Which means Minnesota has LaVine, Bradley, Muhammad, Wiggins and Crowder to man the 2 and 3 spots. Too many people for too little minutes.  I like the thought but just don't see it happening.    We need another big who can rebound that' for sure. 

Also, the only way we'd have enough cap space to sign Hayward would be to turn down  the option on Zeller (and alot of others).  You can't add Peko's salary, 2 top draft picks plus Dieng's salary goes up to 14 million next year and also add Hayward..  The numbers don't add up..   

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 10:28:11 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
If we got Gordon Hayward, I guess this would probably make us better overall.  Man, I'd miss Avery though. 

Unsure if Minny would do it.  Their time is the future not now, and I think they should really value adding this #6 pick into their chest of assets.  They could always just give AB a max contract when he becomes a free agent if they really want him (which they prob should). 
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 11:07:37 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I would do this deal so fast it isn't even funny.