Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Wizards (1-2) Round 2 Game 4 5/7/17  (Read 108278 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Wizards (1-2) Round 2 Game 4 5/7/17
« Reply #915 on: May 07, 2017, 09:20:37 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Disgraceful.     Can't even make the slightest comeback.     Lucky its not Cleveland.

« Reply #916 on: May 07, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Bradley hurt again

what happened? cant find anything on it.

Limped to lockerrom with ice around midsection

« Reply #917 on: May 07, 2017, 09:21:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
People seriously think this is about effort?  Seriously?  And brown is in during garbage time.  His play right now is less than meaningless.

You don't think the 3rd 1/4 massacre was at least partly due to effort?
We were passive beyond belief, we were practically bending over for the Wiz.
I absolutely don't think it's about effort.  What kind of sense does that make anyway?  You prefer to think that our guys choose not to try hard when the obvious answer is that we're at a serious talent disadvantage.  They have had huge runs in every game.  That's not an accident and it's not because the team isn't trying.

I went to a game this morning where my kids team beat the other one by 50 points.  They were trying as hard as they could but were outmanned.

Look effort isn't just about running as fast as you can down the court.  It is a mental approach as well.  The mentality to say we are going to stop this 15 point run right now while we are still in the game.  Part of that is effort.  The mental weakness allows the poor effort to continue.  We just don't have guys who are mentally tough.

We obviously have talented players on our team, maybe not good enough to win series with the cavs, but good enough to respond better than they did today.
Let me explain something, and I'll use my kids team as an analogy.  When they play they cons usually tell before the game starts whether the other team is better, worse, our about the same.  When a team is better, everything falls into plays and they look great.  When they aren't, things tend to fall apart. 

All that stuff about heart is garbage because talent wins out.

Lol I don't know how someone can watch this particular team struggle with "showing up" to certain games all season long and come away with such a non-sensical opinion.

This team was only as good as it was the last couple of years because of our heart. We simply don't have it this year due to an entitled attitude.

Yep, both the team and the coach feel entitled.

« Reply #918 on: May 07, 2017, 09:21:57 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Bradley hurt again

Great, so will that be his excuse this year?

« Reply #919 on: May 07, 2017, 09:22:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
People seriously think this is about effort?  Seriously?  And brown is in during garbage time.  His play right now is less than meaningless.

I absolutely don't think it's about effort.  What kind of sense does that make anyway?  You prefer to think that our guys choose not to try hard when the obvious answer is that we're at a serious talent disadvantage.  They have had huge runs in every game.  That's not an accident and it's not because the team isn't trying.

I went to a game this morning where my kids team beat the other one by 50 points.  They were trying as hard as they could but were outmanned.

Look effort isn't just about running as fast as you can down the court.  It is a mental approach as well.  The mentality to say we are going to stop this 15 point run right now while we are still in the game.  Part of that is effort.  The mental weakness allows the poor effort to continue.  We just don't have guys who are mentally tough.

We obviously have talented players on our team, maybe not good enough to win series with the cavs, but good enough to respond better than they did today.
Let me explain something, and I'll use my kids team as an analogy.  When they play they cons usually tell before the game starts whether the other team is better, worse, our about the same.  When a team is better, everything falls into plays and they look great.  When they aren't, things tend to fall apart. 

They might have more over-all talent RIGHT NOW, but they do NOT have hardly ANY CAP room after they give Porter a virtual MAX.  They are what they are.  We have or should have room to sign a MAX and we are GUARANTEED a top 4 pick this year and a almost GUARANTEED top 7 pick NEXT YEAR.  We WILL have size next year as Zizic is coming.  I am NOT sold on Yabusele.  Nadar SHOULD make our team (Saw him play in person twice!!  He is LEGIT!!)

We were NOT built to win this year.

IF the Wiz beat us, I doubt they win ONE freaking game vs. the Cavs!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #920 on: May 07, 2017, 09:22:20 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Bradley hurt again

probably the hip injury from the last game.

« Reply #921 on: May 07, 2017, 09:22:41 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Lol I don't know how someone can watch this particular team struggle with "showing up" to certain games all season long and come away with such a non-sensical opinion.

This team was only as good as it was the last couple of years because of our heart. We simply don't have it this year due to an entitled attitude.

Clearly the fans will entitled...and are clueless as usual. 

« Reply #922 on: May 07, 2017, 09:23:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Bradley hurt again

Yeah, Bradley looked terrible tonight. That hip has to be bothering him.

« Reply #923 on: May 07, 2017, 09:23:48 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

And literally none of us can figure out why, too. We've been asking this same exact question all season long, yet none of us have come up with a satisfactory answer as to how this team's philosophy and whole attitude/demeanor has changed so drastically in just one year.

We've seen spots of it throughout the season and in the playoffs, but nothing has been sustained for longer than a game at a time.

« Reply #924 on: May 07, 2017, 09:23:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

They might have more over-all talent RIGHT NOW, but they do NOT have hardly ANY CAP room after they give Porter a virtual MAX.  They are what they are.  We have or should have room to sign a MAX and we are GUARANTEED a top 4 pick this year and a almost GUARANTEED top 7 pick NEXT YEAR.  We WILL have size next year as Zizic is coming.  I am NOT sold on Yabusele.  Nadar SHOULD make our team (Saw him play in person twice!!  He is LEGIT!!)

Smitty77

If we beat the Cavs do we win one freaking game against the CAVS?

« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Bradley hurt again

Yeah he was holding it off and on during the game.  Hip pointer.  Trying to play through it, I give him that, AB is pretty tough.

« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2017, 09:24:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I think the TURNING POINT in this series was when Morris threw Horford to the floor (No flagrant on that blatantly non-basketball move!!!) and NOT a SINGLE CELTIC had his back.

I think the series turned at that point.  The Wiz realized that we are SOFT and have NO BACKBONE and at that point they smelled blood in the water!!

Smitty77
Enough with the toughness and effort.  They have better players.

They have tougher players and refs that give the calls to Wall and NOT to the third leading scorer in the NBA!!!!

Smitty77

You need to anoint your star a superstar before he gets superstar calls. Apparently the refs have no problems issuing technical fouls to IT.

What?

Smitty77

« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2017, 09:24:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Smitty77
they cant make any big additions, but Beal and Porter are just 23. Plenty of room for the Wiz to improve.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Clearly the fans will entitled...and are clueless as usual.

This is quite hilarious coming from the guy comparing the NBA to a pee-wee team...

« Reply #929 on: May 07, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

If we beat the Cavs do we win one freaking game against the CAVS?

We have a BETTER chance than do the WIZ!!  Are you a Celtics' fan?

Smitty77