Author Topic: several teams have called for possible porzingis trade  (Read 7770 times)

Re: several teams have called for possible porzingis trade
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 05:51:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Why are guys suggesting both Brooklyn picks for him?!

Only Smokeeye suggested so. I don't think many of us would offer BOTH picks.
Ok...how about my trade proposal?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 05:57:30 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Very tempting for both sides, but I doubt the Knicks also give you this year's first. From our perspective I think I'd finally do it. TP for making me think.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2017, 06:27:22 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Very tempting for both sides, but I doubt the Knicks also give you this year's first. From our perspective I think I'd finally do it. TP for making me think.
Thanks! Who knows, maybe Porzingis really wants out, and we can always give them pur first round pick next year to sweeten the deal-we don't need our pick next year tbh, we've got enough prospects coming over. Also TP for replying, I get ignored here a lot lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 07:18:48 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Somebody is not a good name to avoid being ignored  ;D ;D  I'll develop my point a little bit more for you, buddy.

Porzingis is almost a dream come true for this team, period. But what keeps me intrigued is the potential of Rozier and Yabusele down the road.

We are seeing Rozier fitting very good and giving a huge step every playoff (last year's, after barely playing through his rookie season, and now after having few minutes all season long), so he is a great competitor and I think he'll be a starter in this league or a top sixth man combo guard. Then we have Yabusele, who may be a bluff or may fit like a glove in Brad's system and surprise everybody. He is a very smart player, with good hands and 3 point range... I'd love to watch him play for us before giving him away.

Am I overrating our own players?

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 07:24:58 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Somebody is not a good name to avoid being ignored  ;D ;D  I'll develop my point a little bit more for you, buddy.

Porzingis is almost a dream come true for this team, period. But what keeps me intrigued is the potential of Rozier and Yabusele down the road.

We are seeing Rozier fitting very good and giving a huge step every playoff (last year's, after barely playing through his rookie season, and now after having few minutes all season long), so he is a great competitor and I think he'll be a starter in this league or a top sixth man combo guard. Then we have Yabusele, who may be a bluff or may fit like a glove in Brad's system and surprise everybody. He is a very smart player, with good hands and 3 point range... I'd love to watch him play for us before giving him away.

Yes. As many do here.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 08:39:56 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Because Jackson would not even take the call unless that was on in our offer.

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Because Jackson would not even take the call unless that was on in our offer.

Porzingis is 21 has franchise potential and only makes like 5million a year the next 3 years. You are giving up both picks if you want him.

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 09:27:04 AM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense
You are assuming Phil Jackson is a rational actor and/or a good GM. He's is most certainly not either of those things. I can't think of a single decision he has made that has benefitted the Knicks, and drafting Porzingis doesn't count, they lucked into that.

The main concern I have about Phil is that I think he is so bad he wouldn't recongnize a good offer if it was presented to him. He probably target veterans he liked for the triangle and ignore a great package of young players and draft picks. Kind of like how Vivek became obsessed with Buddy Heild and that became the core of the Boogie trade. I could see Phil trading Porzingis and O'Quinn to the Bucks for like Greg Monroe, Malcolm Brogdon, Tony Snell and a pick. That would be a nightmare for the rest of the Eastern Conference.

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Knicks should build around Melo.

And give us porzingis for a draft pick.

:D

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Does anyone have the slightest indication that Porzingis is anything other than the centerpiece around who the Knicks will attempt to rebuild? I kind of get the feeling that KP is the basketball equivalent of Jimmy Garoppolo without the complicating Brady factor. The Knicks have two more cheap seasons left under team control followed by the ability to match any offer for a third season.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2017, 10:35:23 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Let's be rational about what Porzingis is. He has great potential, and a good skill set for the modern NBA, but at the moment, he isn't as good as Al Horford.

He has not shown himself to be an alpha type, climb on my back and I'll take you to the title guy. He is not close to becoming a Karl Anthony Towns. Right now he's a notch better than Myles Turner and a several notches below Jokic.

He is on a path to possibly become a third team all-nba player, if he improves at a normal rate. Crowder and a pick in the 2-4 range in a good draft is a fair haul for him.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Let's be rational about what Porzingis is. He has great potential, and a good skill set for the modern NBA, but at the moment, he isn't as good as Al Horford.

He has not shown himself to be an alpha type, climb on my back and I'll take you to the title guy. He is not close to becoming a Karl Anthony Towns. Right now he's a notch better than Myles Turner and a several notches below Jokic.

He is on a path to possibly become a third team all-nba player, if he improves at a normal rate. Crowder and a pick in the 2-4 range in a good draft is a fair haul for him.

You vastly under-rate Porzingis and thus your offer is not serious.

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2017, 10:52:43 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

You vastly under-rate Porzingis and thus your offer is not serious.
Imo td is quite spot on, you vastly overrate Porzingis and thus we are glad you're not our GM 8) jk but the former is true, 2 Brooklyn picks is really only for guys like AD and Towns and I think we can agree Porzingis is not on their level
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

😂 well yeah I'm not really happy giving away that package but again we need a realistic trade offer
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
You are assuming Phil Jackson is a rational actor and/or a good GM. He's is most certainly not either of those things. I can't think of a single decision he has made that has benefitted the Knicks, and drafting Porzingis doesn't count, they lucked into that.

The main concern I have about Phil is that I think he is so bad he wouldn't recongnize a good offer if it was presented to him. He probably target veterans he liked for the triangle and ignore a great package of young players and draft picks. Kind of like how Vivek became obsessed with Buddy Heild and that became the core of the Boogie trade. I could see Phil trading Porzingis and O'Quinn to the Bucks for like Greg Monroe, Malcolm Brogdon, Tony Snell and a pick. That would be a nightmare for the rest of the Eastern Conference.
Honestly if that were the case we'd beat that offer handily lol, we'd send Crowder, Rozier,Olynyk with the Grizzlies 1st round pick (Jackson loves Crowder and I think he views Jae as a borderline all star  ;D)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA