Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Wizards (0-2) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/17  (Read 81606 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Wizards (0-2) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/17
« Reply #735 on: May 05, 2017, 12:27:25 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
I Blame Kobe Bryant.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #736 on: May 05, 2017, 12:47:07 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

« Reply #737 on: May 05, 2017, 01:19:41 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
"We gonna beat their ass in Game 4"-Gerald Green

Hahaha I love it honestly we prob needed a butt whooping, at least we know we aren't going to come with no energy
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #738 on: May 05, 2017, 01:21:33 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
So what happened?  :o Went to a concert and missed the game.

« Reply #739 on: May 05, 2017, 01:21:52 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
So much for my prediction about the Celtics losing by 10 points... It's too bad we got dominated for the whole game after playing a close one for 5 or 6 minutes.

Game 4 only becomes more important although I really think this could be a "win only at home" series.

« Reply #741 on: May 05, 2017, 04:33:00 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'm watching the first quarter again on replay and there was terrible miscommunication on that huge run they dropped on us. Some home calls against the C's that shouldn't have been called too. Al did not travel was just ran into by Wall kept a foot down and pivoted with the other, it was called a travel. IT called for a switch with Bradley so he's not on Porter they cut back door and easy basket. Marcus had a bunch of terrible turnovers and some misses that led to easy baskets. Jaylen was lost in transition causing mismatches that killed us. IT was not aggressive at all and got torched repeatedly. Nobody went to the basket, if Bojan is on you you got to attack him.

We can't play any worse still you gotta be concerned. We are still searching and don't know who that 5th starter is Green and Jaylen are not the answer. I don't feel good about game 4 after seeing that.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #742 on: May 05, 2017, 04:35:26 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
These games are the reason I believe giving the max to IT is a tough question (as it is in other forums outside this, where we are biased Celtics fans).

When he scores 53 and his pair scores 40, well...he is a God and he is beating franchise records and making history and those great stuff. Don't remember he's been scored 40. However, in games he is dark in offense, and there are a good number, he keeps being abused in defense and this breaks the team balance.

And this is not overreacting after a game, it's what I've been keeping since I write here (and many has confronted me just for this opinion, which you may or may not share, but it has its point).

« Reply #743 on: May 05, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
These games are the reason I believe giving the max to IT is a tough question (as it is in other forums outside this, where we are biased Celtics fans).

When he scores 53 and his pair scores 40, well...he is a God and he is beating franchise records and making history and those great stuff. Don't remember he's been scored 40. However, in games he is dark in offense, and there are a good number, he keeps being abused in defense and this breaks the team balance.

And this is not overreacting after a game, it's what I've been keeping since I write here (and many has confronted me just for this opinion, which you may or may not share, but it has its point).

If you get another all-star or two beside him teams won't be able to throw multiple guys at him without being severely punished.

« Reply #744 on: May 05, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

If you get another all-star or two beside him teams won't be able to throw multiple guys at him without being severely punished.

Well that wasn't really what he was talking about.  Dario was talking about IT giving up so much defensively that he hurts us almost as much as he helps.  I tend to agree with him and I like IT.  Especially deeper into the playoffs, there isn't anyone to 'hide' IT on.   Most teams in the conference semis and finals don't have major weak players that can't exploit the size advantage thing.

I admit that when he is on,  he is almost unstoppable and the deficiencies on D are minimized.  But when he is having a poor game offensively we are really going to struggle to get wins in the playoffs.

« Reply #745 on: May 05, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum

Well that wasn't really what he was talking about.  Dario was talking about IT giving up so much defensively that he hurts us almost as much as he helps.  I tend to agree with him and I like IT.  Especially deeper into the playoffs, there isn't anyone to 'hide' IT on.   Most teams in the conference semis and finals don't have major weak players that can't exploit the size advantage thing.

I admit that when he is on,  he is almost unstoppable and the deficiencies on D are minimized.  But when he is having a poor game offensively we are really going to struggle to get wins in the playoffs.

Thanks and TP for understanding my point. You know, being critical on oneself is the only way to improve.

« Reply #746 on: May 05, 2017, 03:40:54 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I think this series will go 7. Man I hope we win tomorrow. Wiz are good, but I'm proud of our team. We were balling game 1 and 2 in the 2nd half. I think the Wiz are soft. Just need to play with the same intensity and they'll tire out like they did in Game 1 and 2

« Reply #747 on: May 05, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Thanks and TP for understanding my point. You know, being critical on oneself is the only way to improve.
*yawn*

This is simply not true. Our major problems do not necessarily come from Thomas being abused defensively. they come from Thomas being taken out of games offensively.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #748 on: May 05, 2017, 04:09:30 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

If you have consistent scorers around him they will offset what he gives up on defense. That's what I'm talking about. He has to play great to win this series. I think he will though.

« Reply #749 on: May 05, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum

*yawn*

This is simply not true. Our major problems do not necessarily come from Thomas being abused defensively. they come from Thomas being taken out of games offensively.

Sweet dreams, man