Author Topic: Wizards (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 2 Game 2 5/2/17  (Read 116896 times)

Re: Wizards (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 2 Game 2 5/2/17
« Reply #1275 on: May 03, 2017, 08:28:18 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It was an amazing win. I would be worried about the Wizards going into DC though. The Celtics needed a historic performance by IT to barely scrap by them st home. They have to make adjustments and be much better in the road. Way too many unforced turnovers by the Celtics for one thing. Too many easy baskets inside for the Wizards as well.

« Reply #1276 on: May 03, 2017, 08:38:31 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
after IT hit that fade away over Morris to foul him out .

did anybody notice Kelly Olynyk s party dance on the sideline ....LOL

there needs to,be a Gif of that blown up and tweeted .  i replayed that moment over and over .  too funny.

TP for bringing that up - that was amazing! One of the great moments of last night  :P

As others have said, incredible win with many clutch moments. I am so happy to see guys like Rozier, Smart, and Brown having such an impact. I like our other guys, but these are our top young assets and the building block to our future.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:51:06 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #1277 on: May 03, 2017, 08:56:08 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
after IT hit that fade away over Morris to foul him out .

did anybody notice Kelly Olynyk s party dance on the sideline ....LOL

there needs to,be a Gif of that blown up and tweeted .  i replayed that moment over and over .  too funny.

i need a gif of when IT was to the right of the key and went left basically breaking morris' ankles and hitting that J. that was sweet plus the fade away later.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1278 on: May 03, 2017, 09:03:36 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
It was an amazing win. I would be worried about the Wizards going into DC though. The Celtics needed a historic performance by IT to barely scrap by them st home. They have to make adjustments and be much better in the road. Way too many unforced turnovers by the Celtics for one thing. Too many easy baskets inside for the Wizards as well.

huh? we could have easily won by 20 plus had we played defense for 48 minutes and tried to contain wall better. I agree we are bad at boxing out and they got too many gravy cleanup shots and second changes because our rebounding is putrid also. Imagine how good we can be if we clean up D and rebounding and boxing out? flip side is teh WHIZZ could have blown us out also. All we need is a split however game 3 is the key game in this series now. keep our winning streal going and take game 3 and this series will be over. they will be defeated mentally and psychologically. we may be in their heads already anyway as previously doscusssed here. i say go all out to get game 3. this will be DC's biggest pushback IMO. win game 3 and you rip their hearts out.  if we lose 3 and still muster a win in game 4 we are still in great shape.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1279 on: May 03, 2017, 09:22:52 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

huh? we could have easily won by 20 plus had we played defense for 48 minutes and tried to contain wall better. I agree we are bad at boxing out and they got too many gravy cleanup shots and second changes because our rebounding is putrid also. Imagine how good we can be if we clean up D and rebounding and boxing out? flip side is teh WHIZZ could have blown us out also. All we need is a split however game 3 is the key game in this series now. keep our winning streal going and take game 3 and this series will be over. they will be defeated mentally and psychologically. we may be in their heads already anyway as previously doscusssed here. i say go all out to get game 3. this will be DC's biggest pushback IMO. win game 3 and you rip their hearts out.  if we lose 3 and still muster a win in game 4 we are still in great shape.

Even Brad Stevens in his post game conference said "we were lucky to win"

Of course we should go all out in game 3. We need to be smarter on the floor though.

« Reply #1280 on: May 03, 2017, 09:27:26 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Wizards faded at the end.  Their lack of bench and the presence of Horford are going to do them in.  Though I'd say the odds of them grabbing Game 3 are probably pretty good.

But speaking to the lack of defense I thought the officials prevented both teams from defending for much of the game - but especially the Celtics.  Too many touch fouls early on and then they just started missing calls after that.  Any time a Wiz player initiated contact he got the whistle. That sequence in the 4Q when they whistled 3 quick fouls on the same possession was ridiculous and put the Wiz in prime position to win because they were going to be in the bonus early.

« Reply #1281 on: May 03, 2017, 01:16:56 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Nice observation by Lebron. Via Chris Fosberg tweet:

« Reply #1282 on: May 03, 2017, 02:48:34 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Hope that there were cardiologists on call last night.

TP to each and every person who posted in this thread!

Mike

« Reply #1283 on: May 03, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I will be so p---ed if that Garden Crowd does not carry this team over the line from here. There should be  no quiet person in that crowd from here on out.

That crowd carried destroyed it last night.  When IT his the falling down and-1...maybe the loudest I have ever heard it.