Author Topic: Brooklyn Nets 2017-2018 season watch thread  (Read 87426 times)

Re: Brooklyn Nets 2017-2018 season watch thread
« Reply #360 on: December 12, 2017, 10:53:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Is it proper time to start discussing the nets possibly making the playoffs?? Few wins from .500. The knicks and pistons could disappoint as always and wiz look weak

I mentioned this in another thread but I'm concerned nets will trade dinwiddie, that would hurt

They don't have their pick. Need to remember this. Brooklyn CRAVES a playoff series
cavs got fleeced in the kyrie trade if that happens

« Reply #361 on: December 22, 2017, 09:45:38 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Brooklyn beat the Wizards 119-84 to snap a four game losing streak. Now 12-19.

« Reply #362 on: December 22, 2017, 10:11:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Wow - and that was with basically no injuries (although Wall only played 16 minutes). Bradley shot a scorching 2-15 from the field. Even Tyler Zeller was a +19.

And we were upset at our losses to Miami and NYK...

« Reply #363 on: December 22, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Wow - and that was with basically no injuries (although Wall only played 16 minutes). Bradley shot a scorching 2-15 from the field. Even Tyler Zeller was a +19.

And we were upset at our losses to Miami and NYK...

Well. the way we're playing lately, the Nets would kick our ass too.

« Reply #364 on: December 22, 2017, 11:08:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I know following the Nets is a bid deal for some because of the "what if" factor due to trading it away in the IT trade, but at this point I consider it a sunk cost and could care less what happens with the Nets. We don't own that pick anymore. So who cares?

« Reply #365 on: December 23, 2017, 12:12:24 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
The "what if" is definitely part of it.

It's also still a big deal because of who owns it now (the main threat in the EC) and what they can do with it at the deadline or later as a trade chip.

« Reply #366 on: December 23, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

It's also still a big deal because of who owns it now (the main threat in the EC) and what they can do with it at the deadline or later as a trade chip.
Yeah but the Celtics got a 25 year old superstar that has already shown he can be a iiller in the biggest moments. Doesn't that kinda offset that? To me its the price of doing business with a direct rival. Yeah, hopefully, the pick sucks, but even if it doesn't....we got a 25 year old scoring PG that will be around for many years.

« Reply #367 on: December 23, 2017, 07:54:52 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah but the Celtics got a 25 year old superstar that has already shown he can be a iiller in the biggest moments. Doesn't that kinda offset that? To me its the price of doing business with a direct rival. Yeah, hopefully, the pick sucks, but even if it doesn't....we got a 25 year old scoring PG that will be around for many years.

Even though most would agree with you, some posters keep claiming the trade was bad (or are not ready to judge it until we know who CLE picks and how they turn out). It is normal to want that pick to be as crappy as possible - especially since it is now going to the hated Cavs.

Also, the thread has only been going on for like 5 pages since the beginning of the season so it's not like the obsession we've had in years past (hundreds of pages) when we actually owned the pick.

« Reply #368 on: December 23, 2017, 10:15:03 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I know following the Nets is a bid deal for some because of the "what if" factor due to trading it away in the IT trade, but at this point I consider it a sunk cost and could care less what happens with the Nets. We don't own that pick anymore. So who cares?

I am fully on board with this line of thought.

I don't think most people get the concept of a sunk cost.

« Reply #369 on: December 23, 2017, 12:08:39 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker

Even though most would agree with you, some posters keep claiming the trade was bad (or are not ready to judge it until we know who CLE picks and how they turn out). It is normal to want that pick to be as crappy as possible - especially since it is now going to the hated Cavs.

Also, the thread has only been going on for like 5 pages since the beginning of the season so it's not like the obsession we've had in years past (hundreds of pages) when we actually owned the pick.

Exactly.  :)

« Reply #370 on: December 23, 2017, 01:45:01 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I enjoy keeping track for the reason I don’t want to see the Cavs get a top 5 pick, or be able to use it as great trade bait considering they are our biggest rival in the east.

It would be great if they could move towards the middle of the pack in the NBA Knicks, Heat, Jazz, Pelicans ect and away from the cluttered group they are in now.

They will get Russell back which will help them.

« Reply #371 on: December 23, 2017, 02:51:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Nick bit surprised you don't see the importance of this. If the nets are doing crappy it dramatically increases the chances the cavs can flip it for a better caliber vet this season. It makes it easier for the cavs to outbid us if someone like George becomes available as a rental. That could very easily kill the chances of the Celtics making the finals this year. Than you have the fact that the right trade could make Lebron to stay in Cleveland. The Nets doing really good could dramatically impact the Celtics title chances the next couple of seasons

« Reply #372 on: December 23, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Nick bit surprised you don't see the importance of this. If the nets are doing crappy it dramatically increases the chances the cavs can flip it for a better caliber vet this season. It makes it easier for the cavs to outbid us if someone like George becomes available as a rental. That could very easily kill the chances of the Celtics making the finals this year. Than you have the fact that the right trade could make Lebron to stay in Cleveland. The Nets doing really good could dramatically impact the Celtics title chances the next couple of seasons
Meh....it might be important for what the Cavs can do to make them better this year, but the Celtics aren't getting to the Finals this year so to me, its not important

« Reply #373 on: December 23, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Meh....it might be important for what the Cavs can do to make them better this year, but the Celtics aren't getting to the Finals this year so to me, its not important

Pretty early to waive the white flag on the season, especially when we can add Hayward and other players

« Reply #374 on: December 26, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The Nets recorded their best win of the season on Friday, beating the Wizards by 35 points. It marked their first winning margin of at least 35 points since they beat the Wizards by 37 on April 10, 2015.