Author Topic: Brooklyn Nets 2017-2018 season watch thread  (Read 87399 times)

Re: Brooklyn Nets 2017-2018 season watch thread
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2017, 09:32:22 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
With all of the talent going out West...unfortunately I expect a bump to the Nets record.

As long as the pick is top ten, I'll be cool... :D

Outside of that...I'm bummed... :(

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I feel a 10-12 pick is legit ...which could be a center type you g big Noel Clone we need.

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2017, 09:46:14 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
atlanta indiana lakers nets sixers knicks magic kings  are the worst teams
i trully think we have could have a top 5 pick... for the lakers pick i do not know

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2017, 10:35:58 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
How can you expect ten teams worse than tha Nets? It's illogical, almost insane (no offense intended).

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
How can you look at this Roster and not conclude that they're the worst in the NBA??

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/brooklyn_nets/

Playing in the East will definitely give them a few more wins than they should have gotten, so as a result they may not finish with the worst record.  But I'm pretty sure that as of today they are the worst team in the NBA.

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2017, 10:47:30 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Would be amazing - and gut-wrenching - if we're sitting here 9 months from now watching to see if RRK or LAL finishes with the worst record.

With 2 good shots, there's a very good chance we get a top 4 pick.

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
i trully think we have could have a top 5 pick... for the lakers pick i do not know

The Bulls should be awful too.  The Suns, Mavs, even the Jazz if they lose Hayward could be in the lottery.

It may be harder this year to get a top 5 pick. :(

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 10:55:21 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

The Bulls should be awful too.  The Suns, Mavs, even the Jazz if they lose Hayward could be in the lottery.

Jazz will not be tanking regardless. Mavs have too many actual players and too much pride to out-right tank.

Pacers/Bulls/Kings/Suns/Nets/Lakers/Magic/Knicks will be bottom 7 in no particular order. We own two of those teams picks so I like our odds at getting at least one top 4 pick.

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2017, 10:57:37 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
How can you look at this Roster and not conclude that they're the worst in the NBA??

Playing in the East will definitely give them a few more wins than they should have gotten, so as a result they may not finish with the worst record.  But I'm pretty sure that as of today they are the worst team in the NBA.

Unquestionably. They traded their best player for a PG who is redundant to Lin too. They should take on some bad contracts like Noah and accumulate picks.

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2017, 03:41:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Agree they're the worst

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Unquestionably. They traded their best player for a PG who is redundant to Lin too. They should take on some bad contracts like Noah and accumulate picks.

Hawks' about to look bad too

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Brooklyn was the worst team in the league last year and they've gotten worse.

The threat is not their improvement but the aggressive suckage of teams like sacramento Atlanta and Chicago.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Hawks nets pacers are the worst teams

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Jazz will not be tanking regardless. Mavs have too many actual players and too much pride to out-right tank.

Pacers/Bulls/Kings/Suns/Nets/Lakers/Magic/Knicks will be bottom 7 in no particular order. We own two of those teams picks so I like our odds at getting at least one top 4 pick.

The Lakers will try to give a good impression for the free agent class in 2018 and they've traded for the BEST Brooklyn player. They have either no reason to tank, so I expect them to be better than the Nets. Plus, they have more (very raw) talent in Ball + Ingram than all the Nets.

The Suns have Chriss, Booker, Bender and Josh Jackson. With some veterans (some of them to be traded) like Bledsoe, Knight or Chandler, they are way better than the Nets.

The Kings have nice young players like Fox, Labissiere, Hield, Justin Jackson or Cauley-Stein who, while they are not the eighth wonder, they are far more talented than the Nets core. I'm not talking about the possibility of a good Harry Giles as well.

The Knicks have Porzingis. The Magics have Isaac. The rest of those teams are going nowhere.

What I'm trying to show is that the Nets have a very good option to be top-3 in next years' draft, and reading people they'll have like 10 (even 12) worse teams than them has no sense at all. And they don't seem to be getting any of the big free agents, obviously.

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2017, 01:10:48 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Thank you to Washington for retaining Otto Porter. The remaining free agent list doesn't look good.

So, what is the probability that Lopez is traded at the draft? It has to be pretty high, right? I don't see them having much of a chance (or desire) to resign him at this point.

Nice.

But Lopez is in his last year and that's an asset the Nets are better off moving now rather than later so their overall talent level may actually be worse this year.

Brooklyn may make plays for RFAs but as we've seen teams will match offers on their RFAs. That may change a bit this year because of the number of role-playing RFAs hitting the market but RFAs don't move much. It's not a big worry.

So far, so good.