Author Topic: Brooklyn Nets 2017-2018 season watch thread  (Read 49880 times)

Re: Brooklyn Nets 2017-2018 season watch thread
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2017, 02:03:12 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 26
Pinned in Around the League, woo! I'm looking forward to another year of the Brooklyn Celtics  ;D

Woohoo Stickied!!! No more Google to find this thread in Celtics Talk. lol

« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2017, 11:53:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 510
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20221667/zach-lowe-brooklyn-nets-dangelo-russell-sean-marks-nba
this was a great read. Anyone interested in the nets and how they've sunk and what they've done should read. Well written article

« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2017, 01:17:51 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 173

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2017, 01:45:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • Running in the 00s KANSEI DORIFUTO
The DLO trade will be a gem to us, aside from removing Lopez DLO clashes with Lin, who is their engine and them clashing probably makes the Nets a dysfunctional team to add on them being crap. I expect to bottom 3 finish for them this year.
****cago Bull****

« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 185
The DLO trade will be a gem to us, aside from removing Lopez DLO clashes with Lin, who is their engine and them clashing probably makes the Nets a dysfunctional team to add on them being crap. I expect to bottom 3 finish for them this year.

Lin has quite a nice contract, you have to think he may be moved to a playoff team at the deadline, someone looking for a decent back up point guard. That's only going to make the Nets worse as well.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/08/06/the-suns-will-win-more-than-30-games-this-season/

The Suns have to be better than the Lakers, I don't know how someone can look at the roster and not see that. It's fairly clear that the 3 worst teams in the West are the Lakers, Suns and Kings. I could quite easily see the Lakers finishing at the bottom of those 3.

« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »

Online saltlover

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 2355

Lin has quite a nice contract, you have to think he may be moved to a playoff team at the deadline, someone looking for a decent back up point guard. That's only going to make the Nets worse as well.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2017/08/06/the-suns-will-win-more-than-30-games-this-season/

The Suns have to be better than the Lakers, I don't know how someone can look at the roster and not see that. It's fairly clear that the 3 worst teams in the West are the Lakers, Suns and Kings. I could quite easily see the Lakers finishing at the bottom of those 3.

Lin's contract is not a good one at all.  $12 million this year with a 10% trade kicker, and a player
option at $12.5 million for next year is an awful lot for a player who's no better than backup material on good teams.  If it were a true expiring, I could see a team biting, but that's a lot of potential payroll to take on for next summer, and Lin presumably is smart enough to see how the market tanked for non-stars this summer, and thus could be expected to opt in.
“When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.”

Leviticus 19:33-34

« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2017, 01:18:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 5387
I can see Lin and Russell having chemistry problems. Both need the ball to be most effective.

« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2017, 07:07:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

Lin's contract is not a good one at all.  $12 million this year with a 10% trade kicker, and a player
option at $12.5 million for next year is an awful lot for a player who's no better than backup material on good teams.  If it were a true expiring, I could see a team biting, but that's a lot of potential payroll to take on for next summer, and Lin presumably is smart enough to see how the market tanked for non-stars this summer, and thus could be expected to opt in.
Oh wow I got that completely wrong! For some reason I thought he was $6m for the next two years, weird. Well that obviously makes moving him difficult.

« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2017, 12:12:12 AM »

Offline matteo

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 8
Caris LeVert selected to be drug tested twice a day, every day, for the rest of the season

« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2017, 12:27:14 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 510
Nets have the 7th most difficult strength of schedule this season

« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2017, 05:53:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/8/18/16166176/caris-levert-playoffs-really-realistic-joe-harris-nets-going-in-right-direction

Levert and Harris talking about the upcoming season. Levert references them being a top 7 team in the East when all their guys were available, anyone got any knowledge on that? I would find that very, very hard to believe.

He tries to downplay losing Lopez but he was a threat inside and out last year, that isn't going to be easy to replace.

« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2017, 07:00:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • Running in the 00s KANSEI DORIFUTO
https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/8/18/16166176/caris-levert-playoffs-really-realistic-joe-harris-nets-going-in-right-direction

Levert and Harris talking about the upcoming season. Levert references them being a top 7 team in the East when all their guys were available, anyone got any knowledge on that? I would find that very, very hard to believe.

He tries to downplay losing Lopez but he was a threat inside and out last year, that isn't going to be easy to replace.
They aren't even going to sniff a starter place so they're irrelevant. Bottom 3 team guaranteed.
****cago Bull****

« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »

Offline mef730

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 542
In regard to Russell, Levert said,
“He wants to win more than people give him credit for. I know he has a lot of people to prove wrong. I know he will prove a lot of people wrong.”

Here's a good rule of thumb: Anytime you have to reassure fans that a particular player wants to win, you can be pretty [dang] sure that the player in question just doesn't care.

Mike
Want to learn about frequent flyer miles and flying well for free? Check out my blog here: http://frequentflyermiles101.com/

Actually, check it out even if you don't want to. It'll make me feel good.

« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 270

Fwahahaha. Yeah, they were also undefeated on nights when they outscored their opponent!
---
Lucky17 Yahoo! Points League: Jackalopes
Offseason Tracker