Author Topic: How could the Celtics stay under the cap but keep everyone happy?  (Read 4134 times)

Re: How could the Celtics stay under the cap but keep everyone happy?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
They can sign a max player this summer and they aren't planning to stay under the cap long-term.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 03:19:46 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
The way Crowder is coming through...dont know if Hayward will be walking through those doors anymore

If celts got swept by the Bulls... Almost certaintly Crowder would be a goner and hello to Hayward

But now...

The problem is JC is pretty inconsistent...goes 6-8 shooting threes then comes back to earth with a 1 for 7 performance.
and we cant afford that goin forward. Crowder must be his consistent self on the offensive end for IT to thrive in his drive and kickouts just like last night when we came back and demolished the Wizards...no way we win last night had Crowder again shot 2-8 from three.

Hayward can score in a more variety of ways that Crowder can only dream of. But i also believe these w can't and will not coexists so if ever we do pursue Hayward then I believe Jae will seek a trade.

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 04:11:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd give Avery an extension like 75 million for 4 years,Smart would get 50 million for 4 years and IT would be handed the super max extension for 4 years. Then I'd give KO a 4 year 48 million contract. Think that blows away all of the cap space lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 06:09:47 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I'd give Avery an extension like 75 million for 4 years,Smart would get 50 million for 4 years and IT would be handed the super max extension for 4 years. Then I'd give KO a 4 year 48 million contract. Think that blows away all of the cap space lol
Fortunately for us I don't think IT qualifies for the super max he will just get a regular max, he also is not worth the super max so we are lucky because he would absolutely be right to try to get it but that is too much for a player that does not help defensively.

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 07:37:31 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The way Crowder is coming through...dont know if Hayward will be walking through those doors anymore

If celts got swept by the Bulls... Almost certaintly Crowder would be a goner and hello to Hayward

But now...

The problem is JC is pretty inconsistent...goes 6-8 shooting threes then comes back to earth with a 1 for 7 performance.
and we cant afford that goin forward. Crowder must be his consistent self on the offensive end for IT to thrive in his drive and kickouts just like last night when we came back and demolished the Wizards...no way we win last night had Crowder again shot 2-8 from three.

Hayward can score in a more variety of ways that Crowder can only dream of. But i also believe these w can't and will not coexists so if ever we do pursue Hayward then I believe Jae will seek a trade.
Crowder is no more than a 3 and D guy. If they sign Hayward, Crowder comes off the bench. It's really not a hard call since Hayward is an infinitely better player. The way the C's play though, Crowder will get plenty of minutes as a small ball 4.

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Danny is able to sign Hayward, the only logical solution is to trade AB for future draft considerations. I know this may be upsetting, but it just doesn't work any other way with our roster construction and luxury tax implications.

IT, Rozier
Smart, Fultz
Hayward, Jaylen
Crowder, KO
Horford, Zizic

In this scenario, we are already forcing Crowder to play PF, although I suppose KO could start with Crowder coming off the bench behind him and Hayward. Jaylen, Rozier, Fultz (or Jackson/Tatum) will need playing time (and will deserve playing time).

If we are unable to sign any respectable free agents, then we can go with the same line-up, except slide Smart to SF and AB back to his SG spot. Again, this is probably too small of a line-up, but we have better small players than bigs. We would be able to afford everybody, but would really be counting on our younger players to make us contenders.

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 08:42:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
simple wyc pays luxury tax
-makes up for years of getting isaiah,avery and crowder on the cheap-and he promised al
 he is my favorite type of center and its his first season
 al has to have loved being number one seed, then winning 4 straight and taking on wizards yesterday
-i don't think he had this kind of grit and fan support down in atlanta
he has the perfect owner ,GM and coach
wyc will pay, he loves the celtics and the brand is going international and all america's sports  fans have been watching isaiah and the celtics-what the celtics franchise worth now
-imagine if they could bring back russell, cousy, cowens, havilceck,garnett,pierce,bird, mchale and walton for intros to a national televised playoff game
there are times in different cities thiere are what seems a lot of green jersey's in audience
wyc will pay he a promoter and fan-
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:50:42 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
simple wyc pays luxury tax
-makes up for years of getting isaiah,avery and crowder on the cheap-and he promised al
 he is my favorite type of center and its his first season
 he has to have loved being number one seed, then winning 4 straight and taking on wizards yesterday
-i don't think he had this kind of grit and fan support down in atlanta
he has the perfect owner ,GM and coach
wyc will pay, he loves the celtics and the brand is going international and all america's sports  fans have been watching isaiah and the celtics-what the celtics franchise worth now
-imagine if they could bring back russell, cousy, cowens, havilceck,garnett,pierce,bird, mchale and walton for intros to a national televised playoff game
there are times in different cities thiere are what seems a lot of green jersey's in audience
wyc will pay he a promoter and fan-

This is eventually bad for the fans who has to fork out more for tickets, food drinks etc.

I dont disagree Wyc has had it good ..... And its time to "payback"

Still if this current team is not finals material... Dont think he will overpay

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Danny is able to sign Hayward, the only logical solution is to trade AB for future draft considerations. I know this may be upsetting, but it just doesn't work any other way with our roster construction and luxury tax implications..

Danny and AB have a long relationship...  So dont think AB is going anywhere as long as Danny is gm

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
If Danny is able to sign Hayward, the only logical solution is to trade AB for future draft considerations. I know this may be upsetting, but it just doesn't work any other way with our roster construction and luxury tax implications.

IT, Rozier
Smart, Fultz
Hayward, Jaylen
Crowder, KO
Horford, Zizic

In this scenario, we are already forcing Crowder to play PF, although I suppose KO could start with Crowder coming off the bench behind him and Hayward. Jaylen, Rozier, Fultz (or Jackson/Tatum) will need playing time (and will deserve playing time).

If we are unable to sign any respectable free agents, then we can go with the same line-up, except slide Smart to SF and AB back to his SG spot. Again, this is probably too small of a line-up, but we have better small players than bigs. We would be able to afford everybody, but would really be counting on our younger players to make us contenders.

If we get Hayward, we would want to move Smart, Rozier, then Crowder before AB. We'd have to assume that Ainge could arrange a trade for a useful big, and we will have Zizc and Yabusele coming on board too.

It's time C's fans saw Bradley for what he is; a building block of a great team. He's several levels more important than Smart, Crowder and Rozier. This is a league filled with killer point guards. No one can battle those guys like Avery can.

Hayward, Brown and our 17 draft choice will all need serious minutes. These three don't really replace what Avery does. Those minutes must come from Smart, Rozier and Crowder. Yes, Crowder can play some power forward, so he's the last out, but you have to assume Ainge can bring in some help up front with those assets.

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 09:15:03 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I would make this easy.

Keep Smart
Keep AB
Do not resign KO - He's just too much of a liability on defense, even though he scores 10, he gives up 15 and a ton of rebounds.

Sign Taj Gibson as the replacement for KO

It doesn't look like Hayward is going anywhere. I would circle back for PG13 one more time. If no go, then I sign Otto Porter to a offer sheet to see if the Wiz match. If that falls through then I settle on Shabazz Muhammad.

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 09:21:31 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I would make this easy.

Keep Smart
Keep AB
Do not resign KO - He's just too much of a liability on defense, even though he scores 10, he gives up 15 and a ton of rebounds.

Sign Taj Gibson as the replacement for KO

It doesn't look like Hayward is going anywhere. I would circle back for PG13 one more time. If no go, then I sign Otto Porter to a offer sheet to see if the Wiz match. If that falls through then I settle on Shabazz Muhammad.

Shabazz Muhammad? If we are going after him I might as well jump off the cliff now.

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 09:21:32 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
My feeling is they sign Hayward or Durant if he opts out of his GS contract.  Then we make our bench younger.  Zeller , Mickey, Young all gone.  I would try to bring Amir back on a low level contract since we way over paid for him the last couple years.  If not he is gone too.  Bring in Zizic, Yaba daba and the new draft pick to fill out the line-up.  My prediction for next year
IT/TR/Rookie#1
AB/Smart/
FA signing/JB/
Crowder/ KO/ Yabadaba
Horford/ AJ/ Zizic
Other guys that might be in the mix for low level contract GG and JJ.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2017, 09:21:49 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I don't care about the salary cap.

This team is close. Just win, baby.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 09:25:04 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

IT, Rozier
Smart, Fultz
Hayward, Jaylen
Crowder, KO
Horford, Zizic

If we get Hayward, we would want to move Smart, Rozier, then Crowder before AB. We'd have to assume that Ainge could arrange a trade for a useful big, and we will have Zizc and Yabusele coming on board too.

It's time C's fans saw Bradley for what he is; a building block of a great team. He's several levels more important than Smart, Crowder and Rozier. This is a league filled with killer point guards. No one can battle those guys like Avery can.

Hayward, Brown and our 17 draft choice will all need serious minutes. These three don't really replace what Avery does. Those minutes must come from Smart, Rozier and Crowder. Yes, Crowder can play some power forward, so he's the last out, but you have to assume Ainge can bring in some help up front with those assets.

TP, TD450. It'd suck to lose either of Bradley or Smart, but Avery's consistent improvement makes it a no brainer. He has to stay. I am not sure Marcus will ever get to Avery's level. I think we need to keep him.