Author Topic: During our comeback in the third quarter.....  (Read 2689 times)

Re: During our comeback in the third quarter.....
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Pre-game was a Washington/Wall/Beal love-fest.  I wonder if that changes in game 2.  It's disappointing to see how little credit Isaiah is still given, too.  I don't know what else he has to do to prove himself.

Im not a big fan of either one really but i thought Jackson said he wasnt giving enough attention/credit for what IT was doing in the game. But thats about it....and he didnt follow it up with any praise.

Van gundy did crack me up when IT came back from locker room and jackson said the Cs doc must be a dentist too and Jeff said "or he stayed at a holiday inn express last night." I lost it.

Marv Albert drives me nuts....he calls everyone the wrong name. He was terrible game 6 of the last series. Called morrow  butler and jerebko KO like 4 times....he made no sense on top of that

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Pre-game was a Washington/Wall/Beal love-fest.  I wonder if that changes in game 2.  It's disappointing to see how little credit Isaiah is still given, too.  I don't know what else he has to do to prove himself.

More than any other pro sports league, at least in America, the NBA is all about reputation.  John Wall has been FOR YEARS a guy considered great but never had anything to show for it.  And he is great but the NBA media loves to hype the superstar over anything else.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 09:10:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

More than any other pro sports league, at least in America, the NBA is all about reputation.  John Wall has been FOR YEARS a guy considered great but never had anything to show for it.  And he is great but the NBA media loves to hype the superstar over anything else.

Mike

Being the #1 pick (and a good player) will certainly prop up your reputation. See Kyrie Irving for the same level of praise.

Not a huge fan of the crew tonight either, although Breen is solid as the play by play guy (way better than Albert). I will say that Jackson had a number of positive things to say about the Cs and extended some of those praises from game 6. JVG basically says what he is thinking; unfortunately for Cs fan, it isn't always pro-Celtics.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I loved how Van Gundy saying almost no teams that fall behind big in the first quarter win, blew up in his face with Boston smashing Washington from that point on. Did that subject ever get brought up again when Boston went up big......nope
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:02:08 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I loved how Van Gundy saying almost no teams that fall behind big in the first quarter blew up in his face with Boston smashing Washington from that point on. Did that subject ever get brought up again when Boston went up big......nope

I think that is why he was so quiet.

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 09:35:15 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I loved how Van Gundy saying almost no teams that fall behind big in the first quarter blew up in his face with Boston smashing Washington from that point on. Did that subject ever get brought up again when Boston went up big......nope

Good point. Totally forgot about that.

I also noticed that when Jackson says something complimentary about Rozier or Smart, Van Gundy remains quiet as if he disagrees, but doesn't want to say it.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I happen to like JVG. He's also a pretty huge IT fan.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Good point. Totally forgot about that.

I also noticed that when Jackson says something complimentary about Rozier or Smart, Van Gundy remains quiet as if he disagrees, but doesn't want to say it.

I actually like Mark Jackson myself.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
watching the game now (very tape delayed) knowing the end result.  couldn't help smirking as I heard them talk about that as though it was a done deal in the game.  listened to see if it'd come up again but nope.  loved the comment that SVG was surprised that more teams actually made a comeback even though it was a very low number.

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 10:00:48 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
.....Jeff Van Gundy was strangely silent.
At one point, I thought maybe he left.

I felt a strange vibe coming from Jeff Van Gundy too, his comments were mostly critical and bitter. If I had to guess, I would say he wasn't a fan of the Boston Celtics.

I thought it was my imagination, and I can't really remember anything specific, but in that 3rd quarter he wasn't exactly excited to see us pull ahead. He kept giving suggestions to Washington on how to react to our surge. 

What... me paranoid? impossible.  ;)

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 11:34:30 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Didn't hear anything biased against the C's.    Commentators are allowed to compliment the opposing team.