Author Topic: Coach Cal 30 for 30  (Read 988 times)

Coach Cal 30 for 30
« on: April 30, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I went to UMass and thought Cal was a little sleazy in recruiting. He left Umass and Memphis without rings while their programs suffered and their final four history was tarnished. Meanwhile he got a dream job and was attracting the best recruits without caring about them leaving after a year for the NBA.

Anyone else have their opinions change of him as a result of the show?

I thought Coach Cal was honest, realistic, and loyal to his players. He knew that for him to benefit ($, future top recruits and subsequent Kentucky wins), he needed to get his guys $ in the NBA. The Dajuan Wagner situation really made me think that he would not have benefitted from more school. The schools may actually be more sleazy by profiting from having a sophomore or junior win games for them when he could have been drafted the year before. Helping poor, talented kids generate game changing wealth seems more altruistic to me than making them take classes they're not interested in.

I thought it was a very good 30 for 30.

Re: Coach Cal 30 for 30
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I have no idea what the OP is all about.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I haven't seen it, and it's pretty well accepted that Cal's a sleezeball, but boy were those some exciting teams.  Lou Roe and company maxed out their effort.  The teams before Camby arrived were incredible to watch. 
Yup

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:16:06 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I have no idea what the OP is all about.

Coach Calipari's ESPN show 30 for 30