Author Topic: why do so many fans of other teams hate us?  (Read 9812 times)

Re: why do so many fans of other teams hate us?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 08:38:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Getting these lottery picks from Nets has made them jealous .  But ....they don't feel the pain of giving away our two Celtic icons hof players to rebuild either.

Most teams are scared of the Lakers and Celtics ,want to keep us buried. These two teams dominated the rest for so long , they want to keep these two teams locked away in the basement at any cost . The thought of Boston returning to power maddens them....LOL

Eventually they must understand teams like Cavs , Warriors , Clippers are flash in the pan . They ll settle back to the bottom .

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Getting these lottery picks from Nets has made them jealous .  But ....they don't feel the pain of giving away our two Celtic icons hof players to rebuild either.

Most teams are scared of the Lakers and Celtics ,want to keep us buried. These two teams dominated the rest for so long , they want to keep these two teams locked away in the basement at any cost . The thought of Boston returning to power maddens them....LOL

Eventually they must understand teams like Cavs , Warriors , Clippers are flash in the pan . They ll settle back to the bottom .
Good points tp
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
Being completely objective,  smart and crowder must be two of the most annoying players to play against in the league, especially smart with his "acting" skills.
Thomas is rapidly rising to being a superstar in the league,  he admittedly draws a lot of whistles based on his reputation and his small size, plus the whole "no one person can guard me" stuff.
Plus we are the 1st seed in the east, top 4 record in the league,  19 year old lottery pick on our bench,  adding 2 more, max cap, top 5 coach, 17 banners....

I'm starting to hate us  ;D ;D

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Media coverage of Boston teams in general is not great outside of Boston. I think a major reason is NY is the sports network center, and they consider Boston a sports rival. Especially in football and baseball, with all the pro Yankee bias and Jets adulation (Goodell is admittedly a Jets fan--it showed in deflategate). The Celtics have built up media hostility in LA, Philly and NY from their successful rivalries over the decades with the sports teams in those towns. Stern, a Knicks guy, always had it in the for the Celtics--refusing to take Lewis off their cap when he died. He also didn't lift a finger when Bias died a day after the draft. He had no desire to allow the Celtics to return to their dynasty days. He had his eye on growing TV markets in Florida--basing a team in Orlando.

The TV sports media these days is increasingly dominated by the biggest markets due to their ratings system, which is what their advertising revenues are based on. That would be NY, LA, Chicago. You can see it especially in MLB Network, where it is Yankees-Mets half the time. TV pretty much controls the major sports--setting the schedules and times, etc, out of necessity. They ( or we) are the source of all those $millions going to the teams and the players.

I think a lot of the fan hostility is media-based. But look at the negative reception Goodell got in Philly. He was booed by thousands for three days. I think the Patriots have gained respect from fans everywhere from their great super bowl accomplishments. Overcoming adversity. The Red Sox already have a national following from their multi- championships.  What the Celtics need to gain that level of recognition is some championships. 10 years is too long, Danny. Nobody remembers the Russell or Bird eras.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 11:06:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Media coverage of Boston teams in general is not great outside of Boston. I think a major reason is NY is the sports network center, and they consider Boston a sports rival. Especially in football and baseball, with all the pro Yankee bias and Jets adulation (Goodell is admittedly a Jets fan--it showed in deflategate). The Celtics have built up media hostility in LA, Philly and NY from their successful rivalries over the decades with the sports teams in those towns. Stern, a Knicks guy, always had it in the for the Celtics--refusing to take Lewis off their cap when he died. He also didn't lift a finger when Bias died a day after the draft. He had no desire to allow the Celtics to return to their dynasty days. He had his eye on growing TV markets in Florida--basing a team in Orlando.

The TV sports media these days is increasingly dominated by the biggest markets due to their ratings system, which is what their advertising revenues are based on. That would be NY, LA, Chicago. You can see it especially in MLB Network, where it is Yankees-Mets half the time. TV pretty much controls the major sports--setting the schedules and times, etc, out of necessity. They ( or we) are the source of all those $millions going to the teams and the players.

I think a lot of the fan hostility is media-based. But look at the negative reception Goodell got in Philly. He was booed by thousands for three days. I think the Patriots have gained respect from fans everywhere from their great super bowl accomplishments. Overcoming adversity. The Red Sox already have a national following from their multi- championships.  What the Celtics need to gain that level of recognition is some championships. 10 years is too long, Danny. Nobody remembers the Russell or Bird eras.

Why I do not watch TV network news ...national the spin put on everything is a huge bias  based on the views of the owners and their cronies, goverment pressures etc.    The news network is orchestrated to manipulate the dumbed down masses.

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I just got on some other blogs (eg. Chicago, Philly, Washington) and the hate there for the Celtics is a ****ton. As a Celtics fan I can't see why every non Celtics fan hate us like we killed their whole family. Is there any reason for this?
Us?  speak for yourself.

They love me.   ;D

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Celtics are a historic team, filled with championships, success, and legendary names of former players. The banners hanging from the rafters, are "in your face" if you're a fan of an opposing team.

Think of it...a term exists called "Celtic basketball."

Yeah...I can see how other teams hate the C's, and I just love it!

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
i think its the fanbase. this obviously isn't everyone, but we do drink a lot of kool aid on these boards.

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 12:21:45 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Because you're the biggest homers on the planet, and generally not a very knowledgeable fan base. You're also one of the loudest.

But I will say unlike the Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, etc. at least your fan base isn't bandwagon front runners. Red Sox had some of that, but as bad as other teams.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Because you're the biggest homers on the planet, and generally not a very knowledgeable fan base. You're also one of the loudest.

But I will say unlike the Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, etc. at least your fan base isn't bandwagon front runners. Red Sox had some of that, but as bad as other teams.

Biggest homers, sure, I'd buy that about a lot of Celtics fans.  I see it in a lot of Patriots fans I live around.  Least knowledgeable, nah, not even close.  Boston is a very knowledgeable sports town, it's kind of like the biggest thing going in the area.

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 12:41:35 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Lol but Sixers fans are gods gift to this earth...right.

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 12:48:19 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Loudest, probably. Homers? Maybe half. But not very knowledgeable? If you're still around trolling today, flesh that one out for us.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Not knowledgeable LOL. Far more knowledgeable than Philly fans though not saying much.

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Biggest homers, sure, I'd buy that about a lot of Celtics fans.  I see it in a lot of Patriots fans I live around.  Least knowledgeable, nah, not even close.  Boston is a very knowledgeable sports town, it's kind of like the biggest thing going in the area.

Yeah, the general knowledgeableness of Boston fans is something that non-Boston fans have mentioned to me many times. The homer thing is probably true, though.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers