Author Topic: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17  (Read 63808 times)

Re: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17
« Reply #840 on: April 30, 2017, 05:42:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Please kiss CBS for me someone. He made the correct lineup change (called the right timeouts) AGAIN!! He is killing it on subs this postseason. He even quickly sent they starters back after the knocked off 4-6pts quick and when smaht kept screwing up (worse 4th I have seen from him).

What happened to Smaht? Did he take himself out of game at some point?

CBS gave him every chance, he was terrible early in the 4th, I mean, he had around 2 TOs, fouled for a 4pt play and more. It was so weird because he was good before that. It wasn't good at all for him even after all that (only from memory) so CBS tried Roze but then, Bogs got hot on Roze by pretty much shooting over him and Roze getting caught on screens. I think (again only memory) he tried Smaht one more time at some point but it wasn't good. he subbed in JB and the kid did work, it was over from there. Bogs couldn't just shoot over him. This was JB best short stint on D too.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #841 on: April 30, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
So someone explain this to me. How does Washington get to be so mediocre to bad defensively when they have a collection of pretty solid to good defenders? They might not have "elite" defenders like AB and Smart, but Wall, Beal, Porter, Oubre, and Morris are all above average individual defenders, which makes up 80% of their starting lineup and 5/6 of their top-6 rotation guys.

I wouldn't consider any of those guys an above average defender.

Me either.

And Smart and Bradley are elite.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #842 on: April 30, 2017, 05:48:32 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Apparently, that was a permanent tooth that came out of IT, not a veneer or anything. That's crazy! He had to take a hell of a shot to get an actual, permanent tooth knocked out!

I've chipped a tooth playing basketball back in my AAU days and the biggest thing for me was how routine it actually felt like it could have happened before easily.  I thought about it for a bit afterwards when I played at least. 

Mine was also from an elbow and that can happen a lot of times on the court.  When you start talking elbows of guys like 6' 5" and up that's a big strong thing to run into that will really do some damage.  Thomas is fast and that's a big shot to take.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:53:39 PM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #843 on: April 30, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Please kiss CBS for me someone. He made the correct lineup change (called the right timeouts) AGAIN!! He is killing it on subs this postseason. He even quickly sent they starters back after the knocked off 4-6pts quick and when smaht kept screwing up (worse 4th I have seen from him).

CBS gave him every chance, he was terrible early in the 4th, I mean, he had around 2 TOs, fouled for a 4pt play and more. It was so weird because he was good before that. It wasn't good at all for him even after all that (only from memory) so CBS tried Roze but then, Bogs got hot on Roze by pretty much shooting over him and Roze getting caught on screens. I think (again only memory) he tried Smaht one more time at some point but it wasn't good. he subbed in JB and the kid did work, it was over from there. Bogs couldn't just shoot over him. This was JB best short stint on D too.
the announcers said that Smart took himself out because he knew he was getting out of control and needed to cool down for a minute. Smart immediately started talking to Horford when he got to the bench.

« Reply #844 on: April 30, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

the announcers said that Smart took himself out because he knew he was getting out of control and needed to cool down for a minute. Smart immediately started talking to Horford when he got to the bench.

Oh okay ty.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #845 on: April 30, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Has he been labeled the mother Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.in tooth by Shaq yet?

« Reply #846 on: April 30, 2017, 09:47:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
The Celtics are the 1st team this year to win in the second round!!

« Reply #847 on: April 30, 2017, 10:06:02 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I guess that can be interpreted differently, but I thought it was cool - showed maturity on Smart's part.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #848 on: April 30, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I guess that can be interpreted differently, but I thought it was cool - showed maturity on Smart's part.
yeah, Smart has talked a lot about controlling his emotions. That was also good to see Al Horford who is such a cerebral player there to talk to him. Two very different kinds of leaders there. They are a great representation of Celtics basketball.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #849 on: April 30, 2017, 10:26:30 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
So someone explain this to me. How does Washington get to be so mediocre to bad defensively when they have a collection of pretty solid to good defenders? They might not have "elite" defenders like AB and Smart, but Wall, Beal, Porter, Oubre, and Morris are all above average individual defenders, which makes up 80% of their starting lineup and 5/6 of their top-6 rotation guys.

Seriously? Wall is one of the top defensive PG's in the league. And we'd love Porter if he were on this team for his defense and activity. He'd be our Crowder (unless you don't consider Crowder as above average). I don't know too much about Oubre but Beal and Morris aren't sieves, which I guess puts them at about average.
- LilRip

« Reply #850 on: April 30, 2017, 11:30:31 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
28 point swing!

CELTICS WIN! CELTICS WIN!

The first 15 pages of your posts were hilarious as were quite a few people here...LMBO.  If there were any ledges near you all ya'll would be in the afterlife by now - #BELIEVE!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #851 on: April 30, 2017, 11:31:53 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
28 point swing!

The first 15 pages of your posts were hilarious as were quite a few people here...LMBO.  If there were any ledges near you all ya'll would be in the afterlife by now - #BELIEVE!

Good thing I missed the 1st quarter.
 ;D
 I knew that Wizard's run weren't sustainable

« Reply #852 on: April 30, 2017, 11:38:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Seriously? Wall is one of the top defensive PG's in the league. And we'd love Porter if he were on this team for his defense and activity. He'd be our Crowder (unless you don't consider Crowder as above average). I don't know too much about Oubre but Beal and Morris aren't sieves, which I guess puts them at about average.
Wall has the tools to be an elite defender, but he rarely actually plays good defense any more. He gets by on reputation and high-flying blocks etc.

He is definitely not "one of the top defensive PG's in the league"

Porter is very good, Oubre has the tools, but gets lost off-ball, and Morris is certainly above-average. I dont know much about Beal's defense.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #853 on: April 30, 2017, 11:54:33 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Wall has the tools to be an elite defender, but he rarely actually plays good defense any more. He gets by on reputation and high-flying blocks etc.

He is definitely not "one of the top defensive PG's in the league"

Porter is very good, Oubre has the tools, but gets lost off-ball, and Morris is certainly above-average. I dont know much about Beal's defense.

I agree they should be better than they are. But IMO they are not the smartest or most well-coached bunch.

Gortat has slipped quite a bit, and Wall coasts, as you said.

They were just 18th in the league in defensive efficiency this year, which is 4th worst among all playoff teams, and just ahead of Indiana, Cleveland, and Portland.

Bad defenses get exposed in the playoffs, could be  a real blessing that we are facing them.

« Reply #854 on: May 01, 2017, 02:01:41 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
28 point swing!

just stating facts. which facts did you disagree with son? never gave up. however i am not a blind sunshine pumper. i will always use objectivity and rationality and perspective when observing the situation. it was a helluva comeback. you think we can keep coming out the gate like that and get away with it? how about against cavs? law of avergaes will get you before it is over. how about if we were down 30? instead of 17?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 02:08:00 PM by Boston Garden Leprechaun »
LET'S GO CELTICS!