Author Topic: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17  (Read 63286 times)

Re: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17
« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Wizards already have 8 offensive rebounds, to the C's 4.

Gortat needs to be controlled. he's has 14 and 10 at the half!

« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
i just never, to begin the season, expected the celtics to be involved in so many 120-130 point paced games.

Yeah, that was a surprising development.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2017, 02:30:10 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Gortat is beasting. We have no one that can do anything with him. This game is going to be so tough to win..

« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Wizards already have 8 offensive rebounds, to the C's 4.

Gortat needs to be controlled. he's has 14 and 10 at the half!
Hope Ainge gets the memo. Sign a legit big man this summer!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2017, 02:31:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I was away from home, checked the score, and it looked like we had lost.

now we are back in. what happened?
weve gotten open looks all day long. They starting going down. When Wall sits down they suck. Thats when we made most of the comeback.
Its the NBA, that's what happened.  Early leads are meaningless.

No they are not. The opposition has to expend a lot of energy to come back, and this may show up later fatigue wise. Another point is, the lead counts otherwise the opposition's run to tie would have resulted in a lead of equal amount and not just a tie. So an early lead is not meaningless at all.
Are you suggesting that the team that got ahead didn't expand energy to get the lead?  How does that work?

You think Boston did not expend any energy when they went down big? More energy is expended trying to get back into the game.
i can hardly wait for the data, stats, and proof for either side to appear.  ;D

One just in.... team with early big leads win 91% of the games. From ABC half time studio crew.
and do they have a stat for the winning percentage when the team down by a bundle come back to tie it up later on?

besides, these are silly stats. does anyone really feel surprised that a team with a large lead often wins the game? it is to be expected.

but, the celtics have already tied this game numerous times. this game will stand by itself.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Gortat is beasting. We have no one that can do anything with him. This game is going to be so tough to win..

Gortat is one of my favorite players, and for years I've wished he was on the Cs. They don't call him the Polish Hammer for nothing.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Not a great sign that the Cs couldn't break through and get a lead.  Washington answering every time Boston tied or came within a hoop.
ha, ha, ha...and the celtics wiping out a 16 point lead is NOT answering the wiz?  ::)

Well you can't write an essay in the game thread - of course it's a great answer by the Cs, but the game goes on after the comeback and the Cs couldn't get a lead.  Hope they do in the 3rd.

« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Gortat is one of my favorite players, and for years I've wished he was on the Cs. They don't call him the Polish Hammer for nothing.

They don't call Kelly The Canadian Hammer for nothing either!!!!

« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I was away from home, checked the score, and it looked like we had lost.

now we are back in. what happened?
weve gotten open looks all day long. They starting going down. When Wall sits down they suck. Thats when we made most of the comeback.
Its the NBA, that's what happened.  Early leads are meaningless.

No they are not. The opposition has to expend a lot of energy to come back, and this may show up later fatigue wise. Another point is, the lead counts otherwise the opposition's run to tie would have resulted in a lead of equal amount and not just a tie. So an early lead is not meaningless at all.
Are you suggesting that the team that got ahead didn't expand energy to get the lead?  How does that work?

You think Boston did not expend any energy when they went down big? More energy is expended trying to get back into the game.
i can hardly wait for the data, stats, and proof for either side to appear.  ;D

One just in.... team with early big leads win 91% of the games. From ABC half time studio crew.
what about when a team is leading by 5 at the half?  Because that's where we're at now.

« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2017, 02:33:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yes we do.... Marcus Smart.

« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2017, 02:33:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Center that can't shoot threes? DINOSAUR!

::)
- LilRip

« Reply #431 on: April 30, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »

• Satch Sanders

They don't call Kelly The Canadian Hammer for nothing either!!!!

;D

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #432 on: April 30, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Avery Bradley has been terrible on both ends

« Reply #433 on: April 30, 2017, 02:34:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
 Cs need to work the ball inside to get the lead.

« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Center that can't shoot threes? DINOSAUR!

::)

First they discovered that the coelecanth still lives, and now the traditional NBA center. ;)

— C.S. Lewis