Author Topic: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17  (Read 63947 times)

Re: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17
« Reply #405 on: April 30, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Smart is just built for the playoffs. I thought he should've drawn a charge on one Wall fast break too.

I'm glad the deficit is cut to 5 but getting over the lead is going to take a lot of effort. JVG had an interesting stat before halftime. Teams who led by at least 17 in the 1st quarter are 83-8. Let's hope we can make it 83-9.
- LilRip

« Reply #406 on: April 30, 2017, 02:20:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
I was away from home, checked the score, and it looked like we had lost.

now we are back in. what happened?
weve gotten open looks all day long. They starting going down. When Wall sits down they suck. Thats when we made most of the comeback.
Its the NBA, that's what happened.  Early leads are meaningless.

No they are not. The opposition has to expend a lot of energy to come back, and this may show up later fatigue wise. Another point is, the lead counts otherwise the opposition's run to tie would have resulted in a lead of equal amount and not just a tie. So an early lead is not meaningless at all.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  TP!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #407 on: April 30, 2017, 02:21:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

weve gotten open looks all day long. They starting going down. When Wall sits down they suck. Thats when we made most of the comeback.

No they are not. The opposition has to expend a lot of energy to come back, and this may show up later fatigue wise. Another point is, the lead counts otherwise the opposition's run to tie would have resulted in a lead of equal amount and not just a tie. So an early lead is not meaningless at all.
Are you suggesting that the team that got ahead didn't expand energy to get the lead?  How does that work?

You think Boston did not expend any energy when they went down big? More energy is expended trying to get back into the game.

« Reply #408 on: April 30, 2017, 02:22:26 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  TP!
Explain how we expended energy to come back but they didn't to get the lead in the first place.  What happened was the second team came in and got it done.

« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2017, 02:23:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  TP!
Explain how we expended energy to come back but they didn't to get the lead in the first place.  What happened was the second team came in and got it done.

mental and emotional energy? the comeback was not all on the bench!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #410 on: April 30, 2017, 02:23:28 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Celtics bench should make the difference. Washington doesn't have much of a bench at all. With the injury to Morris the C's can exploit it.

Rebound!!!

« Reply #411 on: April 30, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Gortat is the X factor in this series. Can't allow him to control the paint like this. He's the only big the C's have to worry about.

« Reply #412 on: April 30, 2017, 02:24:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

Are you suggesting that the team that got ahead didn't expand energy to get the lead?  How does that work?

You think Boston did not expend any energy when they went down big? More energy is expended trying to get back into the game.
i can hardly wait for the data, stats, and proof for either side to appear.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #413 on: April 30, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The minutes are going to catch up to the Washington starters in the 4th and the Celtics will be fresh as daisies! Kelly already out working Washington's whole bench.

Feels like Wall and Beal .....like Raptors ......two guys never sit

« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2017, 02:25:07 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  TP!

mental and emotional energy? the comeback was not all on the bench!!!!!!!!!!!
So we're done?  Move on to game two?  Five point lead st the half.  The team that plays best will win.  That's all.

« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2017, 02:25:39 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
We need to rebound and hound on D! Need to play like we did with the bulls! C'mon!
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2017, 02:25:55 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Been away, just catching up with things now ...  Surprised to see the Wizards started the game with a 16-0 run! I think the Cs did good to get it down to 5 at by halftime. Not surprised that Gortat is owning the Celtics.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2017, 02:27:37 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

i can hardly wait for the data, stats, and proof for either side to appear.  ;D

One just in.... team with early big leads win 91% of the games. From ABC half time studio crew.

« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
i just never, to begin the season, expected the celtics to be involved in so many 120-130 point paced games.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
IT is not in this the funeral of his sister and losing his tooth doesn't help

Also Crowder and Horford have been terrible what the hell has happened to Crowder? I can not wait to replace him he needs to get moved to the bench. I want Hayward or I'd even take Melo.

Yeah, Crowder has been abysmal. But it's his defense that has been most concerning.
Yea still we're gonna need his offense it's gotten to the point where I cringe every time he shoots. He also can't finish anything at the rim straight choker in the big moment. 
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk