Author Topic: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17  (Read 63995 times)

Re: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17
« Reply #855 on: May 01, 2017, 02:02:58 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
now with that being said, i do try to stay positive.

LET'S GO CELTICS!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Re: Wizards (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 2 Game 1 4/30/17
« Reply #856 on: May 01, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Still excited after yesterday's win! I let my 8 year-old son (EYOS) talk me into going (He didn't have to try too hard.). Here's what the view from the Garden was like:

Crowd was going wild before the game and was shocked into silence by just how fast the Washington run was. It took a little while to get over. We were joking that the Celtics thought that it was a 1:30 pm start.

bold prediction:
playoff team record in 3's made
smart has a chasedown block on bogdanovic
smart makes a end of quarter half court prayer
horford triple double

booom!!!

You get a TP for the record 3s, Smart chasedown block on somebody and the near triple-double.

Ugh is it true TD Garden isn't full either like the United Center last Friday?

Not until at least halfway through the first quarter. I know that for a fact because I took pictures of the empty rows next to me and was going to seat-shame the folks in those seats. I was included in that bunch until the EYOS pointed out that the Patriots were down by 25 during the Super Bowl and then won. In fact, the Jumbotron shot that got the most cheers (with the exception of my son on my shoulders wearing his cool red sunglasses) was the one of the guy who had the Pats T-shirt that said "28-3" on the front and "34-28" on the back. And yes, I know how many people hate the shots of the crowd on the Jumbo during the time outs, but the kids love it.

Amir Johnson was, if anything, worse than he looked on TV. And I don't like to say that, since we met him after a game and he was really nice. But he couldn't block out for crap and simply looked old. He won't be playing again this series.

The game started to turn when Rozier came in. In the Bulls series, it seemed like a random scrub off the bench beat us big every game. I'm glad that this time, it was our random scrub who came off the bench huge. When Terry started, the rest of the team showed up.

No one could figure out where IT went in the middle of the game. Finally, somebody learned he had lost a tooth. Of course, Paul Pierce lost two teeth for us in a playoff game. When is that IT guy going to start living up to #34? ;)

We kept waiting for the Celts not just to tie it but actually take the lead. Once the Celtics went ahead, everyone in the Garden knew that we were going to win.

The crowd finally broke through at that point. The place went nuts. The only time I've heard the Garden louder was when Paul Pierce hit his 3-pointer at the end of the Clippers game earlier this year. Grown men cried for that one.

There were 6-8 Patriots players sitting on the floor. Virtually nobody bothered them for autographs or photos. I thought that was kinda nice.

The officiating was fine in the first half. Very ticky-tacky, but at least they were consistent. In the second half, particularly the fourth quarter, they went off the rails. It was simply awful. I'm pretty sure we picked up two fouls during the intermission between the 3rd and the 4th.

If Rozier was the energizer in the first quarter, it was Jaylen Brown in the fourth quarter. Man, that guy was fast.

I'd say that John Wall is also fast, but he was moving too quickly for me to be able to tell.

If you buy the $10 hot dog, it can feed three people. Sodas cost $6, but there's nothing to stop you from bringing an empty water bottle in and filling it once you are in the stadium.

I'm glad that Kelly realized about two weeks ago that this is a contract year. Jae had a great second half of the game, but he's looked broken ever since the Gordon Hayward incident.

The other Kelly O (Oubre) also looked good. I had forgotten about that guy. Wasn't he a top-5 projected pick for a while?

Oh no, just realized I have a business roundtable dinner on Thursday. No sweatshirt, no posting,, no watching live game....
You've got 4 days to get sick enough that you have to stay home. You can do it!

Why don't you let Phantom take your business meeting for you? Kill a couple of birds with one stone. Let's hope we're going in 2-0. The Wizards are going to come out fighting on Tuesday, so we've got to keep the momentum going.

And lastly, and possibly most importantly, if you want to see tomorrow night's game, visit the Tickets and Meet Ups forum. There are a couple of CBers selling tickets at face value, which is awfully generous. Let's help them by keeping it in the family!

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?board=45.0

Mike