Author Topic: Game 7: Root For The Clippers!  (Read 2406 times)

Game 7: Root For The Clippers!
« on: April 29, 2017, 11:28:10 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I truthfully don't see Griffin coming to Boston at all.

One, while he would be a perfect fit here and help us out a ton in the front court, Ainge has to be real wary about giving him a 4-year max with all the injury issues he's had recently, and currently as well.

Two, I just think he loves LA a ton, and will stay there anyways, or even if he leaves, may go somewhere else like maybe Miami? Doc will no doubt try his best to keep 2 of his "Big 3" (Griffin, Paul) and may try to add Carmelo as a last ditch effort to get over the hump next year.

Meanwhile, if Utah gets bounced out in the first round, losing 3 of their last 4 to a Griffin-less Clippers team, then hey, it might help us a bit in the Hayward sweepstakes.

And lets be real, if Clippers advance, they'll probably get spanked and swept by the Warriors, and maybe that can also convince Griffin to go elsewhere and maybe Boston comes knocking.

So I think BEST case scenario is rooting for LAC to win Game 7, then get swept by the Warriors

What do you guys think? It obviously doesn't guarantee anything but IMO gives us our best shot at either Griffin/Hayward this summer (to go along with 2017 BKN Pick - Pray for Fultz!)

P.S - Oh, and Paul Pierce can play some more games as a result too!  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Game 7: Root For The Clippers!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
My exact feelings, but I'm too lazy to begin a thread, so a TP well deserved.

Only, a little thing. I want the Clippers to keep intact and resign Paul and Griffin, because they owe us a 1st round lottery protected (turns then into two seconds). So we want them in the postseason for two more years  :)

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
100% agreed.

I would LOVE Hayward in Boston, huge upgrade for us and would add a legitimate second scoring option to the lineup.

If LAC wins this series I think Hayward at least listens to other teams, and there is no doubt in my mind that Boston would get a meeting.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 12:16:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think when posters try to wonder where a player may decide to sign as a free agent that said posters put way, way, way too much importance in the outcome of playoff series. Some think Durant left because he lost a series but we have come to find out he really didn't like playing with Westbrook and was looking to get out of OKC, hence the vidit with Boston too. Horford left Atlanta not because he lost a series but because he felt Atlanta was lowballing him until he got mad and decided he would go to Boston and then they increased their offer.

I really think these series outcomes will have nothing to do with why Hayward or Griffin will or will not decide to sign with their teams or elsewhere.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 12:20:37 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
It's a win-win for us, either way one FA candidate becomes more likely to leave. Personally, I'd rather gamble on Griffin.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I'm with you
and thanks for not watching live  8)

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 01:54:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm with you
and thanks for not watching live  8)

No problem man. Tomorrow will be difficult though. It's on ABC and I have that channel on my TV.

My family might be watching it  :P

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
It's funny, I was so wrapped up in the Cs last night that I forgot to check the LAC game. Go Clippers!

Mike

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'll be rooting for the Jazz.  I like that team better.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll be rooting for the Jazz.  I like that team better.

Same here.

I can't stand the Clippers, even though I do still like Doc.

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 10:56:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Wrong !

I would not root for a CP3 team , if my mother was playing on the Clippers .

Go Jazz !

Don't want Hayward as a max  player and nothing against Doc

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 11:17:26 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
And lets be real, if Clippers advance, they'll probably get spanked and swept by the Warriors, and maybe that can also convince Griffin to go elsewhere and maybe Boston comes knocking.
This makes no sense to me.

Since Griffin is missing the series, won't his thoughts if they get spanked be "Man, it woulda made such a difference if I was there and able to play."

On the contrary, wouldn't people rather Utah advance, get spanked by GSW which makes Gordon Hayward realize, "Man, we are a serious level below this team." and make him the one more likely to leave?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 11:19:23 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
This makes no sense to me.

Since Griffin is missing the series, won't his thoughts if they get spanked be "Man, it woulda made such a difference if I was there and able to play."

On the contrary, wouldn't people rather Utah advance, get spanked by GSW which makes Gordon Hayward realize, "Man, we are a serious level below this team." and make him the one more likely to leave?

Honestly it could go either way. But considering all the second round exits they've had in the past, another one could really affect how the Clippers view this off season. Also, it's kind of telling that the Clips could potentially go 3-1 without Griffin to beat the Jazz in this series. In that case, are you really okay giving Griffin a 5-year supermax? That's the same question C's and Ainge will have regarding giving injury prone Griffin a 4-year max.

I guess it can't hurt if Utah moves on, but you would hope the Warriors could sweep the Jazz and blow them out some games.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hate the Clippers but for selfish reasons I'd like to see them win so PP can play a bit further into the playoffs.  hoping he has one more Truth-like game in him for the GSW series

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »

Offline JAM

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Rooting for The Truth!