Poll

Who wins the Round 2 matchup and in how many games?

Celts in 4
2 (2.5%)
Celts in 5
9 (11.4%)
Celts in 6
27 (34.2%)
Celts in 7
36 (45.6%)
Wiz in 4
1 (1.3%)
Wiz in 5
1 (1.3%)
Wiz in 6
2 (2.5%)
Wiz in 7
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: BOS vs WAS Predictions  (Read 5987 times)

Re: BOS vs WAS Predictions
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Celtics in 5.

Bradley and Smart will shut down Beal and Wall, but Wall will carry the Wizards to 1 (maybe 2) wins. In the end, the Wizards role players can't get it done consistently, especially away from home, and Wall's back breaks from carrying the team.

I love the matchup because the Wizards' best players are guards, and the Celtics' best defenders are guards. In contrast, the Wizards are weaker in the frontcourt, which will allow Al and Kelly to really thrive. I think this is why the Celtics play GS so well.

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 11:25:07 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I predicted Celts in seven before the playoffs started, and I will stick with that despite how good Wall has looked and how bad the Celts looked against the Bulls when the Bulls had an NBA caliber starting point guard available.

The way I see this going is the teams trade games through the first four, then the Celts win games five and seven.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Oh yeah, there's no bias in this poll at all  :laugh:

CELTICS IN 7

I think this is a series where HCA will matter a lot.

Wall will no doubt ball out this series, but I feel we haven't seen the best from IT either.

I expect IT to have a 40+ game and hopefully his 3s will start going in more often.

And I think Bradley and Beal will out-duel each other every other game (like Bradley great one game, Beal great another, etc.). Should be a great match up.

If our bench can play solid, I like our chances in 7.

The Horford-Gortat battle should be fun too. Hopefully Horford does well this series again. Going to really need him to again.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 12:30:12 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Washington is a team that when they had to win games during the season, while they and the C's were fighting for the number one position in the East couldn't stay on a winning mode. For what ever reason they lost to teams they should have rolled over, allowing the Celtics to secure the number one spot.

IMO the chemistry on this team is suspect...Celtics in 6.

We're gonna need a dialed in IT, hopefully he can rebound from the tragedy in his life.

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Celtics in 5.

Bradley and Smart will shut down Beal and Wall, but Wall will carry the Wizards to 1 (maybe 2) wins. In the end, the Wizards role players can't get it done consistently, especially away from home, and Wall's back breaks from carrying the team.

I love the matchup because the Wizards' best players are guards, and the Celtics' best defenders are guards. In contrast, the Wizards are weaker in the frontcourt, which will allow Al and Kelly to really thrive. I think this is why the Celtics play GS so well.
This
If IT can't get his shooting back Celtics in 7, otherwise 6

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 07:31:38 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I don't have much of a worry about this series for some reason. Probably because of HCA. I think it goes 7 but I loved the resolve the C's showed against the Bulls. Got some pressure off their backs and can now just hoop. Going to be a good series none the less.

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
good thing is that washingtons offense is basically beal and wall. you have to hope that bradley/smart can shut down/limit one of them each night which should stifle their offense.

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 07:46:32 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Celtics in 7, sticking to my initial prediction. Celtics are on a roll and I think they win the first two at home but Washington will regain some confidence when they go back to DC. I think the home team wins every game.

I love that the biggest vote getter in the poll is C's in 7 (at 41%) which means most of us think it'll be a close series but only 3 people (less than 6%) pedict Washington will win at all, regardless of number of games. Is this a Celtic blog or what?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 08:12:41 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Celtics in 7.

My vote.  Washington is a terrible road team.

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Celtics in 7.

My vote.  Washington is a terrible road team.

Cosigned.  Celtics in 7 games.  If they lose in 6 or less, I'll consider these playoffs an underachievement with blame to be had at each level -- management, coaching, players. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Celtics in 6 or 7.

I expect Washington to take one of the first two in Boston, and we'll return the favor in game 3. Then the home team wins out the rest of the way.

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Celtics in 5.

But Smart isn't seeing the minutes that IT is going to see. So it's going to be mostly IT vs Wall which isn't good for us. So maybe Brad will play Avery, Smart and IT in the same lineup.

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Would've loved to have seen Atlanta win Friday night so we wouldn't have such a quick turnaround. While IT may be spent emotionally and physically, at least we're at home, whereas Washington has to travel. We need a huge boost from the crowd on Sunday.

I wanted to play the Wizards over the Hawks, as I thought Washington would be a slightly easier matchup for us. I'd be surprised if either team wins this series in less than 7 games, and I think we win a close Game 7 at the Garden.

My biggest concern is that the Wizards are so tough to stop offensively, whereas if guys like AB, Gerald Green, Smart, KO and Horford aren't scoring for us, we can easily go in extended scoring droughts. If that happens in a game against Washington, we may get blown out in that game. I don't think that happens for more than a game in this series, but that, to me is the key.

In theory, we're built perfectly to beat these guys, as Smart, AB and Rozier should be three of the better defenders Wall and Beal have faced in one game. Should be a fun series!

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Has ESPN or the media come out with their second round predictions yet?.

They blew a very good Hawks team in 6..a team who we have struggled against...funny though that the Wizards does not exactly pose a grave threat to the Cs...it all boils down to Wall vs IT. Whoever plays in the series better will be the favored to win. The rest of the line ups really just negate each other out.

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I know it seems homerish to many but I think Celtics in 5. These guys are playing like a well oiled machine. The games will def be closer than in the Chicago series.