Poll

Who wins the Round 2 matchup and in how many games?

Celts in 4
2 (2.5%)
Celts in 5
9 (11.4%)
Celts in 6
27 (34.2%)
Celts in 7
36 (45.6%)
Wiz in 4
1 (1.3%)
Wiz in 5
1 (1.3%)
Wiz in 6
2 (2.5%)
Wiz in 7
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: BOS vs WAS Predictions  (Read 5988 times)

BOS vs WAS Predictions
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:11:25 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Whichever team wins must be prepared to dress in all black for the post-series press conference.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: BOS vs WAS Predictions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 03:21:00 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Celtics in 7.

home court ends up deciding this series. Both teams win a road game, but game 7 goes to Boston.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 03:23:02 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Celtics in 7.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 03:48:37 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Celtics in 6. I think both teams will defend their homecourt and we'll just manage to get a win in Washington at some point and then close it out at the Garden.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 04:15:50 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Celtics in 7.

Celtics lose Games 1, 2, and 3.
Celtics win Games 4, 5, and 6 to reclaim home-court advantage.
Celtics win Game 7 in an OT thriller.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 04:44:27 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Wall Chokes,
Bradley shuts down Beal

Wall starts a fight with Crowder, and gets beat up,
Horford goes into beast mode

Cs in 6 with the Wiz only winning their 2 home games
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:06:22 AM by LatterDayCelticsfan »
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 07:55:49 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Celts in 6

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 08:50:57 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I went Cs in 5, but only because I feel like they are on such a roll and there is no way they can lose...right?

Better to be a Green-Teamer than a 'hater!'  :-*

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 08:58:37 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I don't see the C's winning this one. John Wall is putting up 30-4-10 on 52% shooting from the field and 47% from 3. if Rondo could go 2-0 on the C's with an inferior supporting cast, i dont see how the C's don't get swept.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Celtics win in 7

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 09:09:38 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I voted Celtics in 7.

This is going to be a tough series.  Wiz are a very good team, despite finishing below Boston in the standings.  With the addition of Bogdanovic at the deadline gave them a good scorer off the bench.  Wall and Beal are going to be tough to stop, but I think the C's are playing some of their best ball right now so I took them in seven.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if we drop this one.  Washington could be a top team for the next few years and I don't think we've seen their best ball yet.

This series could get chippy!  Playoff basketball, baby!

Let's go Celtics!

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »

Offline Ory

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 21
We got this. Celtics in four.  8)

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 10:07:49 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
let me plagerize the bejeezus out of SoSH and add some info to this thread. SoSH started a C vs W series thread and posted info on their regular season games. I thought it might be of interest to folks here. Enjoy, and if you really like it, go thank Smastroyin.

_________

11/9: Wizards win 118-93. Celtics without Crowder or Horford. Porter and Gortat combine for 47 points on 20/28 shooting. Celtics only score 8 points in the first quarter, after that it's basically a run and gun game, Celtics never make it interesting, Wizards stopped playing defense. Beal hardly played but Trey Burke subbed in and hit for 18 on 7/9 shooting. Without Horford or Crowder, Stevens played a lot of guards - AB, IT, and Smart were all 35 minutes+, Rozier played 14, and even Demetrius Jackson got some run.

1/11: Celtics win 117-108. No Bradley, Amir, Brown (Jordan Mickey with the start!). This was a king of the 4th game, IT with 20 of his 38 in the 4th. Porter was efficient again, with 20 points on 9/12 shooting. Bradley Beal had 35. Marcus Smart kept Wall in check (9 pts on 4/21) but the effort kept himself in check (9 pts on 3/11, 0/5 from 3). The Celtics played small in the 4th to open space for IT and it worked.

1/24. Wizards win 123-108. C's without Bradley, and Amir could only play 4 minutes on his sore ankle. Beal and Wall go off for 58 on 23/38. Going small didn't help, the C's guards all shot terribly (IT 7/19, Smart 4/13, Rozier 1/6). Markioff Morris somehow ended up with 19 points.

3/20. Celtics win 110-102. Game wasn't this close, Wizards were down 17 for much of the 4th then hit some 3's to go on a 10-2 run, the game largely stayed Celtics +10 the rest of the way. This was the only game where everyone was healthy, so that's good news for the C's, but since it was in Boston you can't take too much out of it. IT was leading scorer with 25 but was 2/10 from 3. Avery Bradley had 20.

On the season, the Wizards were 30-11 at home, 19-22 on the road.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 10:11:44 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm going to say C's in 7.

I don't like that they are starting tomorrow when other teams get several days off. Hopefully Stevens has been watching tape all night. (would be shocked if he didn't)

But IT is going to be spent. Not only physically from travel, but his emotions are going to flip around, it might be like game one and two of the Chi series. Hopefully the guy sleeps well on planes. Luckily the team stepped up last night and got him some rest and he could leave a few minutes early. They're going to have to do the same again in Sunday. 

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I'm going to say C's in 7.

I don't like that they are starting tomorrow when other teams get several days off. Hopefully Stevens has been watching tape all night. (would be shocked if he didn't)

But IT is going to be spent. Not only physically from travel, but his emotions are going to flip around, it might be like game one and two of the Chi series. Hopefully the guy sleeps well on planes. Luckily the team stepped up last night and got him some rest and he could leave a few minutes early. They're going to have to do the same again in Sunday.
yes, these might be areas of concern. but at least washington is in a similar situation, clinched last night and plays again on sunday.

does washington have as deep a bench as boston? that might help the celtics if they do not. plus, the celtics deep bench at least got a few minutes of playing time last night. i hope that will knock off some of the rust from sitting.

should be a good series. i predict boston in 6.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva