Author Topic: Remember when everyone wanted to trade the farm for Jimmy Butler?  (Read 4380 times)

Re: Remember when everyone wanted to trade the farm for Jimmy Butler?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The proposed trade that we heard about after the deadline was:

BKN '17 and
Three of the following: AB, Crowder, JB, Smart

There were very few (if any) who wanted to make this trade. I don't see Chicago getting anywhere close to that. I (along with others) had suggested something along the lines of AB, Crowder, and a non-BKN first would eventually get a deal done. Even though I really like our team, it's a deal we would seriously have to consider. We have JB, Rozier, and the '17 1st who will need playing time and this would open up a slot.

All this series has shown me is that I would much much much rather trade for a versatile star big man than another wing.

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 08:41:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
I'd like some links to these threads where everyone wanted to sell the farm for Butler because I sure don't remember them.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 09:37:20 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The proposed trade that we heard about after the deadline was:

BKN '17 and
Three of the following: AB, Crowder, JB, Smart

There were very few (if any) who wanted to make this trade. I don't see Chicago getting anywhere close to that. I (along with others) had suggested something along the lines of AB, Crowder, and a non-BKN first would eventually get a deal done. Even though I really like our team, it's a deal we would seriously have to consider. We have JB, Rozier, and the '17 1st who will need playing time and this would open up a slot.

All this series has shown me is that I would much much much rather trade for a versatile star big man than another wing.

The problem with most of the trades for Butler, George, etc. is that we give up too much.  Even if we get the best player, it doesn't mean much if we're not any closer to a title.

Mike