Author Topic: Remember when everyone wanted to trade the farm for Jimmy Butler?  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
LOL

Re: Remember when everyone wanted to trade the farm for Jimmy Butler?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:41:11 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
He is what I thought he was.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
He's the Pippen.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Not everybody.

I received a lot of flack by saying that the asking price was too much.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
lol not everybody, I could not understand why the so-called experts here wanted to trade multiple #1s and our starting players for Butler.

Some were proposing trades like Bkn 17 and 18 plus AB, Smart, Brown and Crowder. I was just stunned by some of the trade proposals for Butler.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:50:55 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
He's the Pippen.

He's not even close to Pippen. Pippen led a Jordan-less Bulls to 55 wins and one playoff series win.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 11:55:20 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I came away impressed with Butler.  He's playing on a team whose only other option is the rapidly declining DWade.  He plays hard, defends, rebounds and takes on the scoring load.  He's not a top 5 player, but is on the cusp of top 10.

The trade proposals thrown around in this thread were mostly from rumours about what the Bulls wanted, not what people here wanted to give up.

I still think he's worth a Nets pick, Crowder or Bradley, and someone like Rozier.  He'd be a great fit on the Celtics

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 11:59:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I came away impressed with Butler.  He's playing on a team whose only other option is the rapidly declining DWade.  He plays hard, defends, rebounds and takes on the scoring load.  He's not a top 5 player, but is on the cusp of top 10.

The trade proposals thrown around in this thread were mostly from rumours about what the Bulls wanted, not what people here wanted to give up.

I still think he's worth a Nets pick, Crowder or Bradley, and someone like Rozier.  He'd be a great fit on the Celtics

He is not worth the Nets 17 Bradley and Rozier.... no way !!!! Any one of those players could be as good as Butler.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 12:09:17 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Butler would be an amazing addition to our team. Imagine him replacing Bradley and giving us some actual scoring at the SG spot or SF spot.

He'd be unstoppable on a team with some good shooters and good defenders around him.

Back to the topic, what was considered 'the farm' ? I wouldn't trade the #1 or Jaylen Brown for him. But I'd consider the BRK pick if its #3 or #4 + Bradley or Rozier etc...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:20:55 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 12:12:15 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
There are very few guys in the league you trade the farm for and he isn't one of them. I still would like to see him in green if the price is right tho.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 12:25:12 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Butler would be an amazing addition to our team. Imagine him replacing Bradley and giving us some actual scoring at the SG spot or SF spot.

He'd be unstoppable on a team with some good shooters and good defenders around him.

Exactly. He played this season next to non-shooters like a Rondo, the corpse of DWade, a bunch of scrubs and still put up one of the best seasons in the Eastern conference.

But I'm crazy. Long live Jae Crowder and Terry Rozier. They will guide us to banner 18.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 12:51:00 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Thank God for Danny Ainge.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 12:51:47 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Jimmy isn't capable of leading a team anywhere. Glad we don't have him

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 12:53:45 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Exactly. He played this season next to non-shooters like a Rondo, the corpse of DWade, a bunch of scrubs and still put up one of the best seasons in the Eastern conference.

But I'm crazy. Long live Jae Crowder and Terry Rozier. They will guide us to banner 18.

To be fair, I think it would cost more than Crowder and Rozier.

Though I'm very interested in Butler, I'm not sure why he 1) called Marcus out in the media and 2) seemed to play worse after. He had some amazing shots in the series, but I didn't see him dominate like top players in this league.

The problem w/ trading a BKN pick is that we're speeding up the process and shortening our window for a championship. I still think patience and the process>trying to beat the current Cavs and Golden State teams. They're not unbeatable, but its tough to accumulate as many top tier players.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 01:01:17 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
He's the Pippen.

He's not even close to Pippen. Pippen led a Jordan-less Bulls to 55 wins and one playoff series win.

What I meant is that Jimmy is the #2 guy. Not to be confused with being the #1 guy.

Don't trade the farm for a #2.