Poll

Where Do You See Paul George Next Season?

Indiana Pacers
9 (14.5%)
Oklahoma City Thunder
1 (1.6%)
Portland Trail Blazers
1 (1.6%)
Los Angeles Lakers
28 (45.2%)
Boston Celtics
16 (25.8%)
Los Angeles Clippers
5 (8.1%)
San Antonio Spurs
0 (0%)
Another Team (Comment Below!)
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Poll: Paul George's Next Team?  (Read 4680 times)

Poll: Paul George's Next Team?
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Where do you expect he plays next season?

My guess? I hate to say it, but Lakers.

I doubt any team will trade for him unless he agrees to a long term commitment, and I think the only team he would agree to that with, is his hometown Lakers.  :(

Then again, maybe LAL doesn't want to give up assets for him either and would rather wait until 2018, which could make things even more interesting unless Paul George is fine staying with IND for another year. But with Bird stepping down, it's hard to imagine that tbh.

Curious to see what you guys think.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Poll: Paul George's Next Team?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Well, I think we can agree that Indiana can't let him walk and get nothing, and if the Lakers trade for him, he will be not be in a position to contend for several years.

So, I guess we're going to find out if he wants to be Carmelo 2.0 or not. If not, I think we've got the best shot at getting him.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:28:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Celtics (Brooklyn picks, Jaylen) and Lakers (Ingram, D.Russell) have the best trade assets.

I'd put Portland in the darkhorse category if they put McCollum on the table. Maybe Indy chooses to try and fast track their rebuild with a ready made player rather than a young prospect.

I do not think OKC, SAS or LAC have anything to offer.

Minnesota should get involved. Put Andrew Wiggins on the table for Paul George. That would be a tough offer to turn down. Already proven himself as a 20ppg scorer. Two way potential. Amazing athlete with upside. Paul George would be a good vet to put alongside Towns and Co.

Philly will make a run at P.George. Colangelo wants to win now. Not wait. He'll be after George. Maybe Saric and 2017 pick. Or J.Okafor, 2017 pick and future picks. The Saric one could be tempting.

A few other outside shots:

* Cleveland -- if beaten in the finals, do they put K-Love on the table for George? Or maybe go the other way and put Kyrie on the table for George? LeBron & P.George would be a phenomenal 1-2 punch.
* Detroit -- something built around Andre Drummond? Drummond, Stan Johnson, wing player or R.Jackson. Not sure they'd have enough left to keep George. It'd be a big gamble.
* Milwaukee -- something built around Jabari Parker. Maybe Parker + Thon Maker
* Washington -- Bradley Beal for Paul George
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:36:00 PM by Who »

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
TPs for the responses guys! Another thing to add:

OKC and Indiana are in really similar positions.

Both teams have one legit star but were first round exits that could really benefit from adding another star to go alongside with star #1 (George and Westbrook).

Can you imagine Westbrook teaming up with Paul George in Indiana, or Paul George teaming up with Westbrook in OKC?

Idk how it could work but that seems like an interesting scenario.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Celtics (Brooklyn picks, Jaylen) and Lakers (Ingram, D.Russell) have the best trade assets.

I'd put Portland in the darkhorse category if they put McCollum on the table. Maybe Indy chooses to try and fast track their rebuild with a ready made player rather than a young prospect.

I do not think OKC, SAS or LAC have anything to offer.

Minnesota should get involved. Put Andrew Wiggins on the table for Paul George. That would be a tough offer to turn down. Already proven himself as a 20ppg scorer. Two way potential. Amazing athlete with upside. Paul George would be a good vet to put alongside Towns and Co.

Philly will make a run at P.George. Colangelo wants to win now. Not wait. He'll be after George. Maybe Saric and 2017 pick. Or J.Okafor, 2017 pick and future picks. The Saric one could be tempting.

Yeah, I think that makes sense. Philly and Minnesota could emerge in trade talks, never really thought of that, but it makes sense too.

I really don't think POR would be willing to do that though and would try to add George to form a "Big 3" in a sense, though idk how they can do that either.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
If you can get PG13 to sign an extension with the Celtics...then do the trade.

Otherwise, ain't giving up assets for a one-year rental who will eventually bolt to the Lakers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 01:59:21 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Utah for Rodney Hood + Dante Exum + 1st round pick?  I imagine other teams could top that offer, but I wonder if any have yet.

I think Utah making a power move like this could help convince Hayward to stay.  George Hill, Hayward, PG13, (any power forward), and Gobert is a very very good starting lineup and Joe Johnson, Ingles, and Favors would be fantastic bench players.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Heat is his best fit

Lakers will pay anything to get another CA showtime boy on their club.

We'll see if Johnson can talk enough bee S to bring him to the Lakers ....as place he can win ...." not"

Lakers take Ball .....then I think George will pack his bags for LA.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 02:27:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think he stays put.  if LB is stepping down, next GM is unlikely to trade PG right off the bat.  I can only see Danny or Hinkie as the 2 GMs with the stones to pull that move.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think he stays put.  if LB is stepping down, next GM is unlikely to trade PG right off the bat.  I can only see Danny or Hinkie as the 2 GMs with the stones to pull that move.

But if George says he will not stay after next season... do they have a choice?

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 03:39:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Celtics, Lakers, or Hawks. The Celtics are in the driver's seat with our assets - if we want him we can have him, though we'll have to pay. The Hawks would be a really interesting fit, too, and they have a major offer for him at the deadline. But I don't think they have the desired assets to really get him.

Philly has the assets and will try, but he won't stay there. I also think Minny could be in the running, but they'll set their sights on Butler first.

All of this "he's guaranteed to go to the Lakers stuff" needs to stop. From everything I've read, he wants to be on a title-contending team OR IF THATS NOT POSSIBLE then in LA. Of course, he'd obviously love to be on a title-contending team IN LA, but that doesn't look even remotely possible in the next several years. And no one blames him for that, because that's where he's from.

But it's highly doubtful that he signs in LA as a free agent without significant change between now and then, because he ultimately values winning above all else, which LA can't provide. Now, if the Lakers would offer up The Godfather package for him of something like the number one pick, Ingram, and Randle, then sure they might trade him there. But at that point why would PG even stay there? They'd still be one of the worst teams in the league with little to no way to improve with their lack of assets and cap space.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 06:25:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Celtics, Lakers, or Hawks. The Celtics are in the driver's seat with our assets - if we want him we can have him, though we'll have to pay. The Hawks would be a really interesting fit, too, and they have a major offer for him at the deadline. But I don't think they have the desired assets to really get him.

Philly has the assets and will try, but he won't stay there. I also think Minny could be in the running, but they'll set their sights on Butler first.

All of this "he's guaranteed to go to the Lakers stuff" needs to stop. From everything I've read, he wants to be on a title-contending team OR IF THATS NOT POSSIBLE then in LA. Of course, he'd obviously love to be on a title-contending team IN LA, but that doesn't look even remotely possible in the next several years. And no one blames him for that, because that's where he's from.

But it's highly doubtful that he signs in LA as a free agent without significant change between now and then, because he ultimately values winning above all else, which LA can't provide. Now, if the Lakers would offer up The Godfather package for him of something like the number one pick, Ingram, and Randle, then sure they might trade him there. But at that point why would PG even stay there? They'd still be one of the worst teams in the league with little to no way to improve with their lack of assets and cap space.

I never thought about the Hawks, but the Hawks have their own issue about whether they can keep Millsap or not (I thought Horford would stay put, and he didn't. No guarantees about Millsap either).

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

I never thought about the Hawks, but the Hawks have their own issue about whether they can keep Millsap or not (I thought Horford would stay put, and he didn't. No guarantees about Millsap either).

They apparently made a major offer for him at the trade deadline, which was rumored to be in excess of 4 first round picks. Of course, they would almost assuredly be non-lottery picks, so it's a quantity for quality type move, which doesn't get it done.

That would be a really intriguing two-way team, though. I think a Schroeder, Hardaway, George, Millsap, and Howard lineup is a legit title contender that would pose huge problems for both Cleveland and Golden State.

EDIT: You could also throw Denver into that bunch, but I doubt he'd stay there either.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
If the fakers get to keep their pick, I think that they would then have the better chance to get George.

Clarkson, Randle, Lakers  early first and late first and maybe Zubac would be a pretty strong offer. (or, substitute Ingram or Russell in there somewhere).

Plus, we will have to pay an in-conference premium.

EDIT: I voted Cs, by the way, because the Fakers will lose their pick. (I hope, although I hate Philly getting 2 top picks)

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 08:41:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
If the fakers get to keep their pick, I think that they would then have the better chance to get George.

Clarkson, Randle, Lakers  early first and late first and maybe Zubac would be a pretty strong offer. (or, substitute Ingram or Russell in there somewhere).

Plus, we will have to pay an in-conference premium.

EDIT: I voted Cs, by the way, because the Fakers will lose their pick. (I hope, although I hate Philly getting 2 top picks)

I hate the Lakers a lot more lol.

And wow if the Lakers offered that they would still be bad. That's a pretty hefty offer.