Author Topic: Does 4 in a row matter to anyone?  (Read 5814 times)

Re: Does 4 in a row matter to anyone?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
winning 4 in a row against any team in the playoffs is something I never expected this team to even be capable of doing. impressive? yes. unfortunately there's all sorts of asterisks surrounding this series win.

if they win in at least 5 against Washington I will definitely start to reconsider my thoughts on this team.

Like having to deal with a tremendous, awful, terrible personal disgrace of your best player? Because this happened to us and this team overcame it with a ton of heart and balls.

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
It absolutely does. Most people, myself included, had this team dead when they went down 0-2.
Going from 0-2 to a "sweep" is a huge confidence booster, we go from being known as the "Weakest" one seed of all time to simply the one seed in the East.

To me tonight is a must win, the team needs rest and they need to continue to ride the wave they're on.

Unfortunately if Washington wins tonight I think Game 1 of the semis is Sunday. Not much rest for us.
nor them. and they have to travel and play on the road.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It matters.

Their opponent was very different after game two. However, sweeping any opponent through four games is hard to do in the NBA playoffs regardless of the circumstances.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
We won three road games in this series, that is rare. Pretty good achievement IMO

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2017, 12:27:45 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
winning 4 in a row against any team in the playoffs is something I never expected this team to even be capable of doing. impressive? yes. unfortunately there's all sorts of asterisks surrounding this series win.

if they win in at least 5 against Washington I will definitely start to reconsider my thoughts on this team.

Like having to deal with a tremendous, awful, terrible personal disgrace of your best player? Because this happened to us and this team overcame it with a ton of heart and balls.

yes and if rondo and butler didn't get hurt they wouldn't have recovered.

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I envy your capacity to see the future. Can you write the lottery numbers for tonight?

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2017, 01:16:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
4 in a row and no Rondo, I think that is what mattered he made everyone on their team better.  We stlll should be proud of the lads, though!

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It matters, to the extent that with the Bulls being without Rondo we absolutely should have beaten them 4 straight times.

So, in other words, we did what we were supposed to.

Two things tilted this series. The first is obviously Rondo getting injured.   That meant we could hide IT on defense, Rondo was destroying IT. The second was moving Al to C. This meant no more Amir getting roasted by RoLo. Lopez was flat out abusing Amir, Horford pretty much played Lopez off the court when they were matched up.

Difficult to tell which was more important. But both played a key role in the turn around.

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 02:02:45 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
It matters.

Their opponent was very different after game two. However, sweeping any opponent through four games is hard to do in the NBA playoffs regardless of the circumstances.

Yes, it sure does, Rondo or not Rondo.

Let's not forget how good these guys are. They were the best the East had to offer for a multitude of reasons. And, they want and intend a lot more scalps than the Bulls under their belts.

I think the Wiz are in big trouble.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

just enjoy it, dawg!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We won three road games in this series, that is rare. Pretty good achievement IMO

I think that is the biggest takeaway, that this team is really good on the road and you need that to win in the playoffs.

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2017, 07:52:31 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2017, 08:10:56 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

just enjoy it, dawg!

I can only enjoy so much. I want to be surprised but so far everything that has happened with this team I have seen as being inevitable.

and no I'm not saying I saw the unfortunate loss for IT but I saw this team struggling with whoever they played in the 1st round... for different reasons. now they have an excuse that leaves the real issues unresolved.

i'll be impressed if they actually win in 4-5 against Washington. but as it stands any series this team wins is going 6-7 but they have the likelihood of being swept.

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

I envy your capacity to see the future. Can you write the lottery numbers for tonight?

if you can't see that you must believe in tooth fairies and easter bunnies. it doesn't take some great prophet to see the truth. it does take a lot to admit it though.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

if you can't see that you must believe in tooth fairies and easter bunnies. it doesn't take some great prophet to see the truth. it does take a lot to admit it though.

IT played probably his worst 6 games of the year during this series, understandably so given the circumstances,  and yet we still lost just two games.  I think the C's had some adversity just like the Bulls. 

This isn't a championship team, but it is a lot further along than I thought it would be when we traded Pierce and Garnett while bringing back the albatross of Gerald Wallace and his contract.