Author Topic: Celtics (3-2) at Bulls (2-3) First Round Game #6 4/28/17  (Read 58214 times)

Re: Celtics (3-2) at Bulls (2-3) First Round Game #6 4/28/17
« Reply #615 on: April 28, 2017, 11:13:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I think Hoiberg should be fired. How do you just give up with a couple minutes left in the 3rd? You have to put your best players out there at least for the 1st half of the 4th quarter and give an effort. I was embarrassed for Chicago.

I AM ECSTATIC ABOUT THE CELTS!!

Now why does the NBA schedule Toronto Cleveland for Monday when CLE has been off for about a week and Toronto closed out yesterday? They play Washington Boston Sunday knowing full well that IT4's sister's funeral is tomorrow. Bad job commissioner. Very bad job. Both Washington and Boston close out on Friday night and have to play Sunday??

Gotta keep LeBron fresh. Ratings and all that.

Of course I want the Cs to keep winning, but I don't think I'll be upset if they lose in the second round, because they finally won a first-round matchup, which was the next step in their growth.

Great job, Cs!!!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #616 on: April 28, 2017, 11:26:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bulls fans can really be stupid ......not understanding why Celtics are so ecstatic over a 1st round win. 

Maybe if they over the age of 15 they would know we restarted the Celtics from near scratch .  Only Bradley is left from the great team. 

Amazing turnaround with new coach and all new players since KG ......pretty awesome .....I guess their small brains can't appreciate the facts

« Reply #617 on: April 29, 2017, 12:42:44 AM »

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Celtics win! I love watching Avery step up. 

« Reply #618 on: April 29, 2017, 12:52:09 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It was a great win and it's nice to rebound after a tough start.

But they aren't done. The goal wasn't just making the second round.

I want to be in the ECF.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #619 on: April 29, 2017, 01:03:40 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
OMG did you guys see the press conference with AB/Al?

It was hilarious Bradley was giggling like a kid when Horford was replying in Spanish. Then he sounds off on Butler...when it was Wade who said that they can't let Bradley get 20. He's like I feel he should respect me. I won that matchup 2x. Butler never even said that bahahaha

I love the fire by Bradley though we hardly see that LOL
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #620 on: April 29, 2017, 01:15:32 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

It was hilarious Bradley was giggling like a kid when Horford was replying in Spanish. Then he sounds off on Butler...when it was Wade who said that they can't let Bradley get 20. He's like I feel he should respect me. I won that matchup 2x. Butler never even said that bahahaha

Butler said pretty much what you attribute to Wade in Butler's game 4 post-game presser. It came off as disrespectful at the time. Wasn't impressed with how Butler handled himself more than once this series and overall, my assessment of how much he adds for the cost of acquiring him has diminished.

« Reply #621 on: April 29, 2017, 01:16:14 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Bulls fans can really be stupid ......not understanding why Celtics are so ecstatic over a 1st round win. 

Maybe if they over the age of 15 they would know we restarted the Celtics from near scratch .  Only Bradley is left from the great team. 

Amazing turnaround with new coach and all new players since KG ......pretty awesome .....I guess their small brains can't appreciate the facts
Hey I take offense to that I'm 15
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #622 on: April 29, 2017, 01:52:29 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

I would say we started over from scratch minus a horrible Gerald Wallace contract that was going to hold us down for another two years.  We might have been below scratch.  Well probably not, we had some good role players.

« Reply #623 on: April 29, 2017, 03:53:51 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Great win, it was nice to finally see the team back to making extra passes that resulted in made threes ! Everybody was great and very focused, it's really cool to see this group finally win a first round series. I really feel they can keep that trend and learning curve to go even further although the game should be tougher against Washington.

Can't wait for game 1 !

« Reply #624 on: April 29, 2017, 04:14:04 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Butler said pretty much what you attribute to Wade in Butler's game 4 post-game presser. It came off as disrespectful at the time. Wasn't impressed with how Butler handled himself more than once this series and overall, my assessment of how much he adds for the cost of acquiring him has diminished.
This is what Bradley was referring to starting at the 7:15 mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2-OYK12WEE
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #625 on: April 29, 2017, 10:11:02 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

one guy on realgm claimed that only 2 celtics championships are legit. i think his argument was that the "modern era" started with jordan in 85 and we couldn't possibly count our previous chips
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

A whole lot of empty seats for Game 6
Yup

« Reply #627 on: April 30, 2017, 04:28:05 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

« Reply #628 on: April 30, 2017, 06:19:59 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

one guy on realgm claimed that only 2 celtics championships are legit. i think his argument was that the "modern era" started with jordan in 85 and we couldn't possibly count our previous chips
...that is stupid. Imo the "modern era" started out during the 70s (we would still have 6 'real" championships which is still very impressive), but those 60s championships should count because that era was so difficult to play in, 8 teams mean that talent was more concentrated and every team was a superteam, which in turn means that you have no easy games during the regular season. In the playoffs, you're facing a team that's very familiar with your schemes and style of play. With the combination of more physical play, games during the 60s were absolute bloodbaths, more so than the "modern era". They should at least count as much as "modern" championships if not more due to the difficulty of dominating a league where every team is so close to you in terms of quality and were so familiar with your style of play. Finally, the Bulls would have won Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. all if Len Bias and Reggie Lewis did not die so they should shut up lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA