Author Topic: Dark horse free agent target.....Chris Bosh?  (Read 3023 times)

Re: Dark horse free agent target.....Chris Bosh?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 07:11:43 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No -- minimum contract only

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 07:52:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Too risky, pass.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 08:09:39 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Sorry but after watching Hank Gathers die on television and seeing the aftermath of Reggie Lewis, I don't want Bosh on the Boston parquet even as an opposing player.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 09:13:26 AM »

Offline BirdLewisBias

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
I like Bosh but after Len Bias and Reggie Lewis, the Celtics need to stay away. I hope he's able to play but it's a major risk for anyone to sign him. He would have to sign for all home games and not fly.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
It's recommended that people with multiple occurrences of blood clots should be on blood thinners for life. If not, there is the risk that a blood clot will travel to the lungs, which actually has occurred in Bosh's case; this carries a significant risk of death. Individuals on blood thinners are not supposed to play contact sports due to the risk of uncontrollable bleeding, especially due to head injury.

Despite what Bosh might say, no responsible doctor is going to clear him to play basketball again.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/09/27/bosh-nba-blood-clots/

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It's recommended that people with multiple occurrences of blood clots should be on blood thinners for life. If not, there is the risk that a blood clot will travel to the lungs, which actually has occurred in Bosh's case; this carries a significant risk of death. Individuals on blood thinners are not supposed to play contact sports due to the risk of uncontrollable bleeding, especially due to head injury.

Despite what Bosh might say, no responsible doctor is going to clear him to play basketball again.

well if he did return, he'd be perfect on this team since our bigs avoid contact anyway ;)

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Several NHL players have played with DVT and related conditions.  Are their doctors just less responsible?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 02:16:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Several NHL players have played with DVT and related conditions.  Are their doctors just less responsible?

Also probably a lot more blood in hockey right?

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 03:21:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Also probably a lot more blood in hockey right?

I would say there's certainly more hard physical contact.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 03:32:29 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
what if we do well and get out of the first round and either get to the conference finals or get close to it, Pierce decides to play an extra year with the Celtics, so we will see Pierce in green for a full season?

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Sorry but after watching Hank Gathers die on television and seeing the aftermath of Reggie Lewis, I don't want Bosh on the Boston parquet even as an opposing player.
I went to a game and watched Gathers play about a month before he died on the court LMU @ Gonzaga.  Watching LMU play back then with that frenetic pace, full court press and putting up 120 points a night was nothing short of amazing.  When Hank and Bo came to town it was an absolute must see if you are a fan of the game.  I can't even begin to explain the shock and horror of seeing him die on the court a short time later.  As Granath said I don't even want to see Bosh on the floor as an opposing player let alone as a Celtic!

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 05:30:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nothing but the vet minimum for him as the risk of him not being able to play is significant.

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »

Offline WMark

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I doubt any NBA team could get insurance for a Bosh contract.

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Too many serious health concerns. Pass