Author Topic: Question. IT is the what best player in the NBA  (Read 2342 times)

Question. IT is the what best player in the NBA
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:53:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Colin Cowerds co host called him the 18th best player. Random guess I know.

He's the third leading scorer in the league and that holds a lot of weight. Hes tiny and is sub par on defense to be kind.

Im gonna say he's the Fifteenth best player in the world right now. He's pretty awesome.

Re: Question. IT is the what best player in the NBA
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
He is definitely top 15 this season cause he will obviously make an allnba team. This season he was a top 10 player. Also for all the talk about how bad his defense is I feel like people pretend that Lillard and Irving are not absolutely awful at defense themselves. Perhaps IT is a little worse than those guys, but they are really bad.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:08:09 PM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
The 3rd best scorer in the league with the best record in the east and a top 4 record in the league is a top 10 player in the NBA. IMHO

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 03:43:12 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 03:57:30 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Not an exact science, but so far 12% of All-NBA votes have been released and IT is 9th in total points and 4th for guards (behind Westbrook, Harden, Curry).  Seems about right.

Stats aside which I know isn't a popular way to gauge players around here i'd put all of these players ahead of Thomas. These are all guys I wouldn't bat an eye losing Thomas for and who I feel are better all around players than Thomas is.
So I guess I have Thomas at or around 17th in the NBA.

In no particular order:

Westbrook
Durant
Cousins
Davis
Harden
Lebron
Derozan
Curry
Kawhi
Towns
Butler
PG13
Wall
Giannis
Klay
Draymond
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:06:28 PM by jbpats »

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Its hard to make those lists.

Hes not top 10 in my book.
James
Leonard
Durant
Harden
Curry
Davis
are the 6 best players in the league by my count.

then it becomes a cluster****. Derozan, lowry, Paul, Butler, George, Isaiah, Cousins, Gobert, Giannis, Westbrook, Draymond, Wall, Towns, Klay Thompson are all in that next group.

for me Id order that group as follows: Giannis, George, Butler, Cousins, Thomas, Wall, Paul, Westbrook, Gobert, Draymond, Lowry, Thompson, Derozan, Towns.

so I guess Ive got Isaiah 11th. And yes, I understand that Westbrook at 14 is a lot lower than most rational people will have Westbrook. I just have really become disillusioned with his game lately.

Im probably forgetting someone.

Lots of guys are more valuable than Isaiah.

For example, Id trade Thomas for Giannis without batting and eye, but I think today, Thomas is a better player. Although not by much. Giannis is unbelievable, but I think hes a bit overrated these day.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 04:05:39 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Does it really matter? IT has managed while a n end of the 2nd round pick  in the age of the 6.11 point guards be to be one of the most effective offensive weapons, score as nobody else in the C history (and this means a lot) and get mvp considerations

This is more important than being the any arbitrary top100 list

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
top 10 in scoring

bottom 20 defender

you make your own conclusion

IT4 needs an amazing supporting cast to raise his offense to another level (but unlike many he can reach another level)

Defensively  when you have a team consisting of versatile defenders, all defensive team calibre defenders...your deficiencies are not as apparent

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

Colin Cowerds co host called him the 18th best player. Random guess I know.

He's the third leading scorer in the league and that holds a lot of weight. Hes tiny and is sub par on defense to be kind.

Im gonna say he's the Fifteenth best player in the world right now. He's pretty awesome.

I wanted to say top 10, but I think it's closer to top 15. Better players (off the top of my head):

LBJ
Durant
Curry
Harden
Westbrook
KAT
Kyrie
Davis
Draymond
PG3
Jimmy Buckets.......

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 06:07:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
IT is top 10 this year. No question from my perspective.  This league is about who can disrupt another team's defensive game plan, who can create their shot no matter the circumstances. There are not 10 guys better than IT in that department. Maybe not 5 others. I'm serious.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 06:20:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
IT is top 10 this year. No question from my perspective.  This league is about who can disrupt another team's defensive game plan, who can create their shot no matter the circumstances. There are not 10 guys better than IT in that department. Maybe not 5 others. I'm serious.

Good arguments Gentleman. He is a handful to deal with. I'll take him over Butler or Draymond Green for this team.

He's obviously out of the top 10. After that he's in the conversation.

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 07:07:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I have 8 undoubtedly ahead of him, so he probably comes in in the 10-15 range for me.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 07:08:35 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Not an exact science, but so far 12% of All-NBA votes have been released and IT is 9th in total points and 4th for guards (behind Westbrook, Harden, Curry).  Seems about right.

Stats aside which I know isn't a popular way to gauge players around here i'd put all of these players ahead of Thomas. These are all guys I wouldn't bat an eye losing Thomas for and who I feel are better all around players than Thomas is.

In no particular order:

Westbrook
Durant
Cousins
Davis
Harden
Lebron
Derozan
Curry
Kawhi
Towns
Butler
PG13
Wall
Giannis
Klay
Draymond
Looks about right. TP for the effort.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

In no particular order:

Westbrook
Durant
Cousins
Davis
Harden
Lebron
Derozan
Curry
Kawhi
Towns
Butler
PG13
Wall
Giannis
Klay
Draymond

Looks about right, though you could certainly make a case that he's better than Derozan with how they're both similarly terrible defensively.

Draymond is also sketchy, too. He wouldn't be nearly as highly regarded outside of the Golden State context and surrounded by two to three All-NBA players and elite shooters and scorers at all times.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

In no particular order:

Westbrook
Durant
Cousins
Davis
Harden
Lebron
Derozan
Curry
Kawhi
Towns
Butler
PG13
Wall
Giannis
Klay
Draymond

Looks about right, though you could certainly make a case that he's better than Derozan with how they're both similarly terrible defensively.

Draymond is also sketchy, too. He wouldn't be nearly as highly regarded outside of the Golden State context and surrounded by two to three All-NBA players and elite shooters and scorers at all times.

I wonder how good Draymond would be on a different team also. Playing alongside two all time great shooters (well now 3) certainly opens up passing lanes and presents assist opportunities. It also gives him some of the most open driving lanes and shots in the league. I think he would be a great defensive player anywhere, not sure he would be held in the same regard overall. (Though in his mind I think they all hold him back cause he is an idiot)