Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas Averaging 25/6/4 In The Postseason  (Read 1280 times)

Isaiah Thomas Averaging 25/6/4 In The Postseason
« on: April 27, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Looking at the Horford post (averaging 15/10/7), I think we should also appreciate how IT has done in these playoffs so far.

Averaging ~25 PPG, 6 APG, 4 RPG IN 36.6 Minutes/Game

Isaiah has done extremely well given the circumstances, and he's averaging around 25 PPG despite having only 20 points in Game 2 and 16 points Game 3.

He's doing it on 44% shooting, although the 3 point-shooting is really low (21%), but I don't expect it to be that low all throughout. He's shooting 82% from the FT line (lower than usual), but he's been 23/24 the last 2 games (Games 1-2 he understandably struggled a bit). 

Overall, I think Isaiah Thomas is proving a lot of the doubters wrong so far, and while his defense is still not great, for the most part he's still doing his job, and has posted 2 games of 30+ points this series. Given the circumstances earlier in the series, IT has done well and is a big reason the team has won 3 straight to turn the series around.

Now hopefully the Celtics playoff run continues into May, and IT can continue to perform really well!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Isaiah Thomas Averaging 25/6/4 In The Postseason
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 01:10:46 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'm very pleased with his deffensive effort and his overall attitude in a very hard personal situation.

My only problem with him now is shot selection. You can be 21% in 3 pt because you are missing good shots, but it's questionable when you are trying many forced shots.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 01:13:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm very pleased with his deffensive effort and his overall attitude in a very hard personal situation.

My only problem with him now is shot selection. You can be 21% in 3 pt because you are missing good shots, but it's questionable when you are trying many forced shots.

Yeah that's a very fair point.

It does seem like he's also opening the offense a bit now, and other guys are knocking down 3s (especially Games 3-4) while IT isn't.

I'd like to see IT drive more though, as he's very effective doing that and it's a big reason they took Game 5. Or drive and kick out to someone like AB or KO or Green and let them have an open look 3.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:14:20 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm happy with his overall performance so far. Hopefully the 3pt % climbs significantly, but his fortitude is commendable.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm happy with his overall performance so far. Hopefully the 3pt % climbs significantly, but his fortitude is commendable.

Yep, but I think it will average out again. Frankly, I think IT is going to put on a clinic in Game 6 as well to lead the C's to a series win (hopefully).

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 01:56:21 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Yep, but I think it will average out again. Frankly, I think IT is going to put on a clinic in Game 6 as well to lead the C's to a series win (hopefully).

That would be awesome.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

That would be awesome.

I feel like a Game 7 against Playoff Wade and *possibly* Playoff Rondo will be real tough for the C's, which is why Game 6 is also real important.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 03:41:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

That would be awesome.

I feel like a Game 7 against Playoff Wade and *possibly* Playoff Rondo will be real tough for the C's, which is why Game 6 is also real important.

Well it should make a big difference that the game is at home. Also have to believe that if he does play, Rondo wont be 100%. Obviously don't want to see a game 7 at this point, but would have some things in our favor if it does.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 04:04:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The criticisms by many on this site to giving IT a max contract was that he couldn't lead the Celtics past the first round of the playoffs and that his playoff performances were bad.

I could easily see IT leading this team into the ECF. And if anything is obvious in this series its that IT is the leader of this team both on and off the court and that he would do anything for this team.

IT is going to get his max contract and it will be with the Celtics. After watching this series, I hope all those that think he won't will now get it and realize it is going to happen.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 04:18:38 PM »

• Satch Sanders
The criticisms by many on this site to giving IT a max contract was that he couldn't lead the Celtics past the first round of the playoffs and that his playoff performances were bad.

I could easily see IT leading this team into the ECF. And if anything is obvious in this series its that IT is the leader of this team both on and off the court and that he would do anything for this team.

IT is going to get his max contract and it will be with the Celtics. After watching this series, I hope all those that think he won't will now get it and realize it is going to happen.

If the rest of the team plays D like they're capable of doing, and IT gives defense the best effort he can, there's little, if any, drawback to giving him the max. He's made a name for himself, continues to make a name for himself, and as you said, he's the face of the franchise. He's Boston through and through.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

That would be awesome.

I think Rondo's impact has been extremely overrated.

He had one good game, Game 2, which coincided with the C's worst game.

Rondo wasn't anything special in Game 1:  6-15 from the field, 6 assists, 5 fouls, -7 +/-.  (He did have a strong rebounding game with 8 as well as 2 steals and a block with only 1 turnover, so it's not like he was complete trash, just not impactful).

Plus Rondo and Wade have had only a handful of good games together all year (one of them being Game 2).  For the season, they were a net -6.1 points per 100 possessions when on the floor together.

I have no fears of "playoff" Rondo and Wade showing up together in Game 6 or 7 (if it comes to that).  It was 1 good game from Rondo.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The better we get at hiding IT's deficiencies, the more ridiculous the lingering assertion that he does not deserve a max contract.

IT is a max player.