Author Topic: Danilo Gallinari apossibilty in Free Agency too  (Read 3443 times)

Danilo Gallinari apossibilty in Free Agency too
« on: April 27, 2017, 10:49:12 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Dano may be a celtic if we don't get Heyward.
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/best-nba-free-agents-and-where-theyll-sign.html/17/
He may be our best hope. Maybe we could get him on 2 year deal too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Re: Danilo Gallinari apossibilty in Free Agency too
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/best-nba-free-agents-and-where-theyll-sign.html/17/

That would be Luke Skywalker.
More seriously, I believe Danny will go Millsap if he can't get Hayward or Griffin.
Also trading for PG13 should be in plan A.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 11:09:01 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
He could be a nice plan B option that doesn't require the max.  The side benefit of signing someone like him verses a max player is you won't have have to renounce everyone that has been discussed previously when signing a max player.  He may also be a more realistic get than Hayward or Griffin.  It seems like Ainge has had his eye on him in the past.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Doesn't make a ton of sense unless you are trading Crowder and brk pick for Paul George. Jaylen still needs mins to develop, and Gallo doesn't put us over the top, and will take up a huge chunk of cap space.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Still think Danny is in the all or nothing camp. Danilo is a decent player, but hardly worth the cap space he will take up. He is also a major injury risk. AB/Smart/IT will be up for contracts next year and I would hate to lose any of them because we are paying a ton of money to Gallinari. We also have KO to think about this off-season.

It's not a horrible idea or anything, just not the type of player this team needs (hint: we need stars).

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Without crunching the cap numbers, I'd sign Gallo if we swing a draft day trade for PG. Acquiring PG might kill any cap space we may have, so this all may be mute. But assuming we deal something like Crowder/Rozier and the BKN pick, Gallo would be a perfect fit as a floor spacer.

A starting unit of IT/AB/PG/Gallo/Horford would absolutely fit Brad's small ball ideals.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28

That would be Luke Skywalker.
More seriously, I believe Danny will go Millsap if he can't get Hayward or Griffin.
Also trading for PG13 should be in plan A.

Lol
First thing I thought of

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 05:59:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Is Gallo UFA?

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 09:28:13 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 09:46:57 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Doesn't make a ton of sense unless you are trading Crowder and brk pick for Paul George. Jaylen still needs mins to develop, and Gallo doesn't put us over the top, and will take up a huge chunk of cap space.

Given Gallo's injury history, I don't think he will be that expensive on the market. Not many team will invest on an injury-prone player, especially if its not a star.

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 09:53:19 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
nm

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 09:54:23 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'd just as well keep Gerald Green.

What would Gallo do?  Start?  Not worth the trouble of moving players around for not much benefit.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

What would Gallo do?  Start?  Not worth the trouble of moving players around for not much benefit.

Gallo is more efficient and better overall player. He provides shot creation that this team lacks outside IT. If healthy, he will provide one of our biggest needs.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Gallo is more efficient and better overall player. He provides shot creation that this team lacks outside IT. If healthy, he will provide one of our biggest needs.

So Jae becomes a backup to Gallo or someone moves to PF?  Or would he be the playmaker off the bench role that Evan Turner filled?  Would that mean fewer minutes for Jaylen Brown?  He wouldn't replace Green who rarely played. Green was a minimum contract player. Being better than Gerald Green doesn't even mean he'd consistently be an impact player.

I just don't see Gallo at this stage being the difference maker we need. And wasn't he not exactly a defensive standout? 

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 10:21:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I'm not as savvy with the CBA as I used to be, but I have a question:

Can we go out and sign a free agent a la Hayward, Griffin, Millsap, even Gallo... then go and trade to go over the cap for someone like PG13? I would think we can, but I know we can't go over the cap once we use that cap space for additional FA signings, but does that prohibit going over via trade during the same offseason?

If so, I'd watch for the C's to stay quiet on draft night (make their pick wherever it is), then make the move in FA for another all-star when the moratorium ends, THEN make the aggressive move for another star.

Thomas
Bradley
George
Griffin
Horford

I wouldn't trade Smart and/or Crowder because I want to, but to get something you have to give something. That starting lineup would be a very talented, athletic team to deal with.

I have confidence Rozier can be our backup PG and Brown can handle the wing duties. Add Zizic (or do we have to renounce for next season?) for some toughness inside. Fill out the roster with vet min guys like Green.
CELTICS 2024