Author Topic: I expect Rondo to play for game 6 and for things to get much more physcial  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo will likely play limited min but his presence on the court could be a way to mess up the current celtics flow. Guys might start cutting to th basket more ....

In addition, I expect some of the Bulls role players to foul harder, bodycheck players during transition play etc

Hopefully the Celts can pull it off

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I don't, they showed videos of him shooting around yesterday and he could barely touch the ball to his broken hand. One small hit to that hand could complicate things for him a lot more, he''ll sit as he should.

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Rondo has a torn ligament in his wrist.  He isn't playing.  That was just a media narrative to generate views and hype. 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Rondo has a torn ligament in his wrist.  He isn't playing.  That was just a media narrative to generate views and hype.

We will see.  This is a must win game for the Bulls... Could be a long summer/big changes otherwise

Rondo could wear a splinter

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He was playing through the torn ligament in his wrist since the end of the regular season. He's sitting because of the broken thumb. Honestly, if the Bulls training staff can find someway to stabilize the thumb with some sort of wrap, I think he'll try.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Regarding the physicality part of the series, I'm mildly surprised nothing broke out in the last two min or so of that game last night.  Seem primed to go off.  Especially when the Lopez stuff was going down.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35

We will see.  This is a must win game for the Bulls... Could be a long summer/big changes otherwise

Rondo could wear a splinter

If he plays, I will appreciate him even more!

Rondo, as an individual, has nothing to gain from taking such risk. Bulls are hardly winning the series. If they win because of him playing game 6 and game 7, there is high possibility he will aggravate his injury.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Whats up with Morrows cat scratch on KO arm yesterday?

Dont you cut your nails?

During play also ...Butler with a cheap shove on Smart
Good for Smart to not retaliate

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Don't know how much more physical Chicago could get without suffering ejections.

Someone (Morrow?) pushed Olynyk in the back when going to the basket (surely a cheap shot). Someone else smacked Isaiah in the mouth. And, there must have been 4+ times when a whole group of players fell to the floor going for the rebound. At times it looked like a tackle football game or a game of bowling where humans were the pins. You know someone is pushing or shoving. Just too difficult for the refs to determine who the culprits were. If the refs watch video replays of this game maybe they'll find a common denominator. 

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Rondo will likely play limited min but his presence on the court could be a way to mess up the current celtics flow. Guys might start cutting to th basket more ....

In addition, I expect some of the Bulls role players to foul harder, bodycheck players during transition play etc

I fully expect Dwayne Wade to play dirty hard.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
A good smack on the hand will end any visions of him playing the hero.

My worries are how much more physical the Bulls will get on their home court, in what could be the last game of the season. The refs need to keep a short leash on this game.

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Rondo won't be able bend his thumb it have have to be wrapped big to protect it from a complete break or worse should he happen to fall on his hand.  Not easy to do fall and not use your thumb at all.  You may break other bones .   He won't be able to whip passes with his best hand or even take his own crummy shots .  Driving in the paint he risks more damage .  That's were he needs to play is in the paint , if he can't pass and dribble at his normal level , Boston will pick him clean very fast.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Whats up with Morrows cat scratch on KO arm yesterday?

Uncle Ted said

Morrow had dat " Cat Scratch Fever ".

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I fully expect Dwayne Wade to play dirty hard.

i admit, i'm still mad about that WWF takedown he did on Rondo a few years back that basically hyperextended his elbow for that series...if he does anything dirty, we should send Mickey in and foul him so hard to the point where he's gonna retire