Author Topic: JJ Redick is a free agent  (Read 2557 times)

Re: JJ Redick is a free agent
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 03:40:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Pointless thread.  All this team needs are quality bigs now.  We have plenty of guards and wings and we don't need any more because in all likelihood we will be drafting another guard. Let's talk about big men.  Dispense with AJ and Zeller, to start and get at least one big that can play.  That is step one in my mind.  Any new guard brought in does nothing for this team.

If you read the premise of the thread it is clear that our backlog of guards has been thinned out in a trade...

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 05:24:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Redick is toast. He can no longer play defense at the NBA level.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 05:52:06 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Redick is toast. He can no longer play defense at the NBA level.

That's my concern. I haven't watched the Clips over the last few years and my clearest memories of Redick are from Orlando which is quite outdated now.

Isaiah needs someone who can guard either position at high level to shield him from tiring matchups. Redick would certainly help occupy the other teams defense but wouldn't be a plus on our own defense

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 07:14:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hard to believe he has hit the age of being a one dimension player ,  lord I feel old , I was watching him play high school ball.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Hard to believe he has hit the age of being a one dimension player ,  lord I feel old , I was watching him play high school ball.

Yeah, Redick's best contracts are behind him (and no, I'm not talking about the one he made his girlfriend sign), I imagine he'll be in the league next year but he doesn't make much sense on this Celtics squad.
The only color that matters is GREEN