Author Topic: Hayward and Fultz or Ball. We break every three point record  (Read 3848 times)

Re: Hayward and Fultz or Ball. We break every three point record
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 07:07:40 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Draft Fultz, sign Hayward, trade IT for Myles Turner.

Fultz - Smart
Bradley - Brown
Hayward - Crowder
Turner - Yabu
Horford - Zizic

Fill the remaining roster spots with veterans and second rounders.

I think you would be foolish to trade IT for nearly anyone, most certainly Turner. Poor return. Plus I don't understand why you would gut the heart and soul of our team. It would be like rebuilding completely all over.

Turner and Horford would not play well together on the floor in our offense.They are too similar. Have to accept that Al is a center not a power forward.
They both stretch the floor. Turner is a great fit for our pace and space offense. Certainly a better fit than what we had this year with Amir alongside Horford. Plus Turner is just 21 years old and he is already averaging 14.5 points, 7.3 rebs and 2 blocks per game. Way better defender and most likely better rebounder than any big in our roster right now. We 'll finally have a guy to grab the rebounds and protect the paint.

IT, Bradley and Smart are gonna become free agents next summer. It's highly unlikely we keep all three of them. In all honesty, I would be very hesitant to offer IT max money. If we draft Fultz/Ball I would try to trade him for a big. 

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 07:58:09 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Fultz - Smart
Bradley - Brown
Hayward - Crowder
Turner - Yabu
Horford - Zizic

I think you would be foolish to trade IT for nearly anyone, most certainly Turner. Poor return. Plus I don't understand why you would gut the heart and soul of our team. It would be like rebuilding completely all over.

Turner and Horford would not play well together on the floor in our offense.They are too similar. Have to accept that Al is a center not a power forward.
They both stretch the floor. Turner is a great fit for our pace and space offense. Certainly a better fit than what we had this year with Amir alongside Horford. Plus Turner is just 21 years old and he is already averaging 14.5 points, 7.3 rebs and 2 blocks per game. Way better defender and most likely better rebounder than any big in our roster right now. We 'll finally have a guy to grab the rebounds and protect the paint.

IT, Bradley and Smart are gonna become free agents next summer. It's highly unlikely we keep all three of them. In all honesty, I would be very hesitant to offer IT max money. If we draft Fultz/Ball I would try to trade him for a big.

IT is more important to this team's success than Bradley, Smart, or a Turner.

I would trade Bradley or Smart before IT.  It makes more sense if you are interested in winning.

We will have to see if we can woo away Gordon Hayward in the offseason.  But the connection with HC Stevens is strong, so there's a pretty good chance it could happen.  That would make the Celtics 2/2 in back to back 'big free agent' acquisitions.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 08:17:06 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
We may need to trade a small forward, and a guard for another big.

I think Crowder's play may have hurt his value in this  series.

Not even in top 48 for FG% or three point % this post season.   
20th in points.

http://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Playoffs&PlayerPosition=F&sort=FG_PCT&dir=-1

39.7 % from the field  .222% from down town.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crowdja01.htm

20th in points.

Watching him this series has really opened my eyes and completely change what I think about him.  And not in a good way....

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 09:31:03 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Fultz - Smart
Bradley - Brown
Hayward - Crowder
Turner - Yabu
Horford - Zizic

IT wouldn't even get us Myles Turner. IT has 1 year left then he is going to be a 29 year old undersized pg with bad defense....and wanting max money

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 11:04:12 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
We may need to trade a small forward, and a guard for another big.

I think Crowder's play may have hurt his value in this  series.

Not even in top 48 for FG% or three point % this post season.   
20th in points.

http://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Playoffs&PlayerPosition=F&sort=FG_PCT&dir=-1

39.7 % from the field  .222% from down town.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crowdja01.htm

20th in points.
I am skeptical that trade value changes because of 5 games.

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 11:06:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Fultz - Smart
Bradley - Brown
Hayward - Crowder
Turner - Yabu
Horford - Zizic

IT wouldn't even get us Myles Turner. IT has 1 year left then he is going to be a 29 year old undersized pg with bad defense....and wanting max money
hes also a better player than Myles Turner is ever likely to be.

deal would leave Indiana way to thin in the frontcourt, but they get the best player in the deal.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 11:58:45 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
IT isn't getting us a ring. I'd sell high.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 12:34:04 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
We don't know what going to happen with Olynyk, Bradley, the draft, trades, etc. Way too early to speculate about three point records. 

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 12:35:17 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

As the most pessimistic human I know, I respectfully disagree.

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 12:55:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

As the most pessimistic human I know, I respectfully disagree.

Agreed. If you can't appreciate his contributions to the team, just quit watching. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 03:04:16 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
We don't know what going to happen with Olynyk, Bradley, the draft, trades, etc. Way too early to speculate about three point records.

No it's not Dude. Nothing's to early to speculate. That's the whole point here.

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

No it's not Dude. Nothing's to early to speculate. That's the whole point here.

Good point....if that's the case, we have Yabusele coming aboard next year. He shot 36.4 % from the 3 point area for Shanghai last season. I imagine the 3 point arc is a similar distance to the NBA in China.

As for Hayward, I'm not sold on him selecting Boston as his destination. Or, even Boston even pursuing him. It might be more of a decision about where he would like to live. My guess he'd prefer to stay in the mid-west. He's originally from Indiana. He and his wife had a baby last summer. 

Could the C's improve on 3 point shooting next year? maybe