Author Topic: Sporting News - Magic Johnson should steer clear of Paul George  (Read 1268 times)

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/paul-george-nba-trade-rumors-contract-lakers-news-pacers-magic-johnson/zvl28kvs3msi17p0sd5eot406

FWIW - Says Cs would be a better fit because they have stronger leaders in IT and Horford for PG who is a PITA. I do think that his allegedly oft-stated explicit desire to play for the Lakers probably hasn't played well with Pacer players and management.

Re: Sporting News - Magic Johnson should steer clear of Paul George
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:37:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Meh...normal ..basketball logic is not part of building Lakers contender . .The fans , TV billionaires ,  celebrities,  want him there.......Lavar  Ball paradise......CP3 TV ....all this is Priority #1. Big names to drop.   Having a three ring media circus daily

They are about instant gratification. 

It's about Stars and TV money out The wazoo.  NBA is in on it too......

Lakers are about being hip , selling kids shoes , and kardashians .....if George wants that scene and apparently he does now .....

Johnson will max him in a sec.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:54:13 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:24:21 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
The article seems to take the angle that George is a personality problem but only gives examples from this season and only very recent examples. I think he's had a frustrating year and hasn't been at his best but I don't think of him as a problem guy.

I also like him as a guy who could slip in and play well next to Isaiah and Horford if he could get got this summer. I'd be confident that group could get him to stay after next year.

Assuming he price is right, of course.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 06:26:05 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Meh.....basketball logic is not part of building Lakers . .The fans , TV billionaires ,  celebrities,  want him there.......Lamar Ball paradise......CP3 TV

They are about instant gratification. 

It's about Stars and TV money out The wazoo.  NBA is in on it too......

Lakers are about being hip , selling kids shoes , and kardashians .....if George wants that scene and apparently he does now .....

Johnson will max him in a sec.

Bingo