Author Topic: Butler sucking it up this series  (Read 5793 times)

Butler sucking it up this series
« on: April 26, 2017, 02:06:22 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
We were debating whether we liked Butler or Paul George better for our team earlier this year.  Not me anymore. Getting in a fracas with the C's 6 or 7 man. Shooting sub 30% from three. And he can't even keep the back of his uniform tucked in. Blech.

Paul George or bust.

Re: Butler sucking it up this series
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 02:14:21 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
We were debating whether we liked Butler or Paul George better for our team earlier this year.  Not me anymore. Getting in a fracas with the C's 6 or 7 man. Shooting sub 30% from three. And he can't even keep the back of his uniform tucked in. Blech.

Paul George or bust.

Jimmy Butler is the best player in this series by far. Once Rondo went down he's had not much help. Game 4 he had literally no help. He had 33 points on 7-16 shooting, where as the next 3 highest scorers had 37 points on 13-33 shooting. I'd take Jimmy Butler in a heartbeat, and I think what this series has shown is he's a guy the Celtics need. A tough, physical presence that can get a basket whenever he wants.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:21:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Paul George or bust.

Jimmy Butler is the best player in this series by far. Once Rondo went down he's had not much help. Game 4 he had literally no help. He had 33 points on 7-16 shooting, where as the next 3 highest scorers had 37 points on 13-33 shooting. I'd take Jimmy Butler in a heartbeat, and I think what this series has shown is he's a guy the Celtics need. A tough, physical presence that can get a basket whenever he wants.
have to agree.  didn't think Butler lived up to the hype around here until this series, particularly when Rondo went down.  He's changed my mind -- not saying he's a top 5 player but he's definitely a primetime player in the league.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Paul George or bust.

have to agree.  didn't think Butler lived up to the hype around here until this series, particularly when Rondo went down.  He's changed my mind -- not saying he's a top 5 player but he's definitely a primetime player in the league.

He's really good when he gets to the FT line an ungodly number of times per game.  As long as that remains consistent, he's tough to handle on both ends. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum

Paul George or bust.

He's really good when he gets to the FT line an ungodly number of times per game.  As long as that remains consistent, he's tough to handle on both ends.

You're right, and that usually was said of our beloved Paul Pierce. When guys get calls they're going to be better than others.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 02:44:10 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He is an all-star talent individual that's for sure,but as far as carrying his team he isn't on PG/GH's level
That said he clearly isn't worth 17Nets pick

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
He is an all-star talent individual that's for sure,but as far as carrying his team he isn't on PG/GH's level

I think I would Brooklyn 17, Crowder, and a future protected 1st for him if that's all it took.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I think I would Brooklyn 17, Crowder, and a future protected 1st for him if that's all it took.

Can franchises trade fans? Celtics should trade you for a couple of Chicago Bull fans. Why would you trade the Brooklyn #1 for anyone not named Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant?

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
20.6 PER

52.6% TS

24.8 points, 7.3 rebounds, 5.0 ast, 1.8 stl, 10.3 FTA

Imagine if he were playing on a team that could space the floor (the Celtics, for example).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 03:17:11 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Paul George or bust.

I think IT is the best player in the series but Chicago has the two next best players in Butler and Wade.  After that you can have a debate who comes next.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 03:31:00 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6430/jimmy-butler
41% shooting
23.5% 3PFG%
8//19 shooting
more personal fouls, more turnovers.

Great players rise in the playoffs.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I'd start with Brooklyn 18, 2-2017 2nd round picks, Crowder and Rozier.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 03:47:04 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20

Paul George or bust.

I think IT is the best player in the series but Chicago has the two next best players in Butler and Wade.  After that you can have a debate who comes next.
  Agree IT is the best player in this series, and Paul George is a lot better than Butler!!

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

Paul George or bust.

Agree IT is the best player in this series, and Paul George is a lot better than Butler!!

*Removes green tinted glasses*

Jimmy > IT. Butler is a good defender and can stay on the floor to close out games on the defensive end. Substituting defense for Isaiah during crunch time is troublesome.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 04:08:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Paul George or bust.

Wade is not the third best player in this series.

http://www.blogabull.com/2017/4/25/15421012/playoff-dwyane-wade-was-supposed-to-be-a-good-thing-so-far-bad
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.