Author Topic: Bulls (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) PO Game 5 4/26/17  (Read 78934 times)

Re: Bulls (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) PO Game 5 4/26/17
« Reply #795 on: April 27, 2017, 12:46:17 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Why are you guys so bias against AB. He had a HELL of a game but I went through this entire thread and he was rarely mentioned and then when he was it was the same few people.

He scored and rebounded, he shut Butler down and shut down anyone else he was switched onto. He was scoring when NO ONE else was, he had no turnovers and few fouls! You cannot defend Butler as much as AB did and do it any better! The guy doesn't get the respect he deserves. He hasn't shot well at all, this series, but he has defended Butler/Wade as good as anyone ALL SERIES so far. At least if he isn't scoring the guy is defending.

24/6/1/1 AND shut Jimmy down, who played 39 minutes and probably 30 of those minutes with AB on him!

No respect! When his shot is off all of you have a lot to say. Weird.

He was great today, but IMO his defense has been lacking for much of this series. The first couple games the Bulls were rolling to the rim unopposed. Crowder and IT deserve a lot of the same criticism, but thankfully they have all picked it up on defense.

And AB missing shots isn't the only issue offensively - it is how he has looked so passive during some of these games, looking very tense and settling for 3's instead of attacking Mirotic and Lopez in the middle.

He is a better player than he's shown, but at some point he needs to execute during the playoffs and play up to his ability.

So, you're telling me the fault of the guys rolling to the rim is AB and not the guy who is guarding them? Mainly IT4? Rondo was destroying us in the first 2 games and that was IT4 "guarding" him. Any player he has switched onto IMMEDIATELY isos and shoot over him or goes right to the rim/paint. Now, just look at Butlers shooting, that's mainly AB! AB is actually guarding a guy who many people call a star (most people), a guy that scores! He isn't being carved up by no name guys or every player he defends! Be real man!

Agree with you both - AB hasn't played to his usual standard, but that standard has become pretty [dang] high and he doesn't seem to get much credit around here.

Fair enough!

I wouldn't criticize him if I didn't think he was capable of more. And the whole team was bad defensively the first couple games.

Glad we got our collective arses in gear.

Me too.  Rondo aside, it does seem like IT's situation had a major impact on the series.  Everyone has been locked in for 3 straight now.  Even Gerald Green made a timely bucket tonight when we were down early and struggling offensively.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #796 on: April 27, 2017, 12:49:13 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
LOL, Wade says there is no hot water in the Bulls shower.

Awwwww!!!

Well, he really does need to "cool off" with that technical tonight and him looking like he's about to do something to our players like what he did to Kobe.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #797 on: April 27, 2017, 12:52:31 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Why are you guys so bias against AB. He had a HELL of a game but I went through this entire thread and he was rarely mentioned and then when he was it was the same few people.

He scored and rebounded, he shut Butler down and shut down anyone else he was switched onto. He was scoring when NO ONE else was, he had no turnovers and few fouls! You cannot defend Butler as much as AB did and do it any better! The guy doesn't get the respect he deserves. He hasn't shot well at all, this series, but he has defended Butler/Wade as good as anyone ALL SERIES so far. At least if he isn't scoring the guy is defending.

24/6/1/1 AND shut Jimmy down, who played 39 minutes and probably 30 of those minutes with AB on him!

He was great today, but IMO his defense has been lacking for much of this series. The first couple games the Bulls were rolling to the rim unopposed. Crowder and IT deserve a lot of the same criticism, but thankfully they have all picked it up on defense.

And AB missing shots isn't the only issue offensively - it is how he has looked so passive during some of these games, looking very tense and settling for 3's instead of attacking Mirotic and Lopez in the middle.

He is a better player than he's shown, but at some point he needs to execute during the playoffs and play up to his ability.

So, you're telling me the fault of the guys rolling to the rim is AB and not the guy who is guarding them? Mainly IT4? Rondo was destroying us in the first 2 games and that was IT4 "guarding" him. Any player he has switched onto IMMEDIATELY isos and shoot over him or goes right to the rim/paint. Now, just look at Butlers shooting, that's mainly AB! AB is actually guarding a guy who many people call a star (most people), a guy that scores! He isn't being carved up by no name guys or every player he defends! Be real man!

Agree with you both - AB hasn't played to his usual standard, but that standard has become pretty [dang] high and he doesn't seem to get much credit around here.

Fair enough!

I wouldn't criticize him if I didn't think he was capable of more. And the whole team was bad defensively the first couple games.

Me too.  Rondo aside, it does seem like IT's situation had a major impact on the series.  Everyone has been locked in for 3 straight now.  Even Gerald Green made a timely bucket tonight when we were down early and struggling offensively.

Yeah, it's like the whole team emerged from a collective fog, and realized they were strong.

Like the Ents in Lord of the Rings

But even greener

« Reply #798 on: April 27, 2017, 12:58:16 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
LOL, Wade says there is no hot water in the Bulls shower.

Awwwww!!!

Well, he really does need to "cool off" with that technical tonight and him looking like he's about to do something to our players like what he did to Kobe.

Just watched that vid again with the Wade injury against Kobe... what a dirty **** Wade is...

And you know it is bad when I'm feeling sorry for Kobe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmom7shnrn0

« Reply #799 on: April 27, 2017, 01:05:45 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Fair enough!

Yeah, it's like the whole team emerged from a collective fog, and realized they were strong.

But even greener

TP for the Ents reference.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #800 on: April 27, 2017, 01:11:18 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Fair enough!

But even greener

TP for the Ents reference.

TP Right back at ya.

Big night for a scrappy young team.

Love it.

Gotta retire soon, though,

Goodnight to all

« Reply #801 on: April 27, 2017, 01:28:58 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I was hoping we'd pull upfront at some point to avoid a tense 4th quarter... we did late but we did.

Great games from Bradley and Olynyk, they basically carried us on a bad offensive night from IT (who was pressing on his threes instead of going to the rim, at least in the first 3 quarters). The team looked poised even when Chicago got ahead, the difference with the first 2 games was obvious.

Now I hope we finish them off in Chicago, Rondo or not Rondo !

(And to think a week ago it was all gloom and doom... how things turn quickly)

« Reply #802 on: April 27, 2017, 01:29:41 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Great win.

Unfortunately, my fairweather-celtic fan cousin always rains the parade. He says C's will lose in the 2nd round, IT is overrated, blah, blah, blah.

« Reply #803 on: April 27, 2017, 01:34:43 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #804 on: April 27, 2017, 01:35:37 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Rondo the difference maker.

Can't stand Bulls fans calling us bandwagoners though. Last I check they wanted Rondo benched or out of town lol. Now Rondo is like their Jordan.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #805 on: April 27, 2017, 02:23:34 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Olynyk manned up and played Mad tonight....was nice to see.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #806 on: April 27, 2017, 02:55:29 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

He got mention very often... in trade discussions.
Completely agree with you, no respect for AB. It has been like that most of his career.

« Reply #807 on: April 27, 2017, 05:23:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
lol @ Tommy Heinsohn calling Lopez 'the wild man of Borneo' hahahahaha
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #808 on: April 27, 2017, 07:04:22 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
- Avery Bradley is a ruthless, cold-blooded killer. The guy could play a russian spy on "The Americans" and I would totally buy it.

- If Kelly can keep this mindset going, we can go very far in these playoffs.

- Anderson Varejao has to rescind his nickname. Nobody deserves the nickname Sideshow Rob more than little Lopez.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #809 on: April 27, 2017, 07:18:05 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
AB was MVP of that game. Saved our bacon in the first half when IT was off and played stellar defense on Butler.

Reason 1,342,567 why I dislike Olynyk. Because one game, he plays like that and is like a 6th man type of performance. Last night was Jekyll. Hope Friday isn't Hyde.

Rozier with some more solid minutes off the bench. Seems really confident right now.