Author Topic: Rondo Out Game 5 (Merged Threads)  (Read 7436 times)

Rondo Out Game 5 (Merged Threads)
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:21:33 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Vertical Sources: Chicago's Rajon Rondo preparing to attempt to play in Game 5 against Boston. Final decision TBD, but there's chance.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/857040148386762753

I say bring it on the win would be that much sweeter
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:02:10 PM by Donoghus »
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Rondo preparing to play Game 5
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:36:56 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Seems destined to be a bad idea for him and the Bulls.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:44:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think this just kind of shows how desperate that Bulls team is right now.

I don't think it matters at this point. Rondo being out has hurt them a little bit, but I think it's much more about our team simply playing better, our adjustments, and us not playing with a huge cloud over our heads.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We need to have zeller and jerebko play hack-a-rondo on that hand with all their force  if be plays

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 09:45:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Then the Celtics better step up. Injured Rondo or not, need to prevent him from making big plays.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 09:51:28 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
LMBO...so Rondo had a few good games now he's their superstar savior?  Now that we're out of the grieving period and appear to be locked in again, I WELCOME superstar #9.  PLEASE let him play tomorrow! Diagnosed with a broken thumb and in a cast to playing 2 days later? How really broken was his thumb to begin with.  Fake drama...tomorrow can't get here soon enough!
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
We need to have zeller and jerebko play hack-a-rondo on that hand with all their force  if be plays

If Marcus tries to pull the ball out of Rondo's hands just once, Rondo is done.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I hope he plays and he plays, I want the Celtics to win this series with no excuses or asterisks for the Bulls.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I think Game 1 and Game 2 was more about us playing terrible and pressing too hard to win at home for Isaiah and less about Rondo. Dont get me wrong, its clear Rondo can still impact a game but I think we can do just as well with him in that Bulls lineup if we play our game.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 09:58:43 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I think this just kind of shows how desperate that Bulls team is right now.

I don't think it matters at this point. Rondo being out has hurt them a little bit, but I think it's much more about our team simply playing better, our adjustments, and us not playing with a huge cloud over our heads.

Yeah that along with the Hoiberg rant. All the more reason for the C's to step on the throat. If they can't beat a one handed Rondo not much you could say.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 10:04:04 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am worried.

As long as Rondo can pass and get where he wants to, he will make a difference. His ability to call out defensive sets and get guys 'their' shots is still top notch. Rondo has always played his best when up against the wall.

If he is not totally healthy or the Cs can make him extremely uncomfortable, then it shouldn't be much of an issue. But let's not pretend we played perfectly these last two games without him. In both games, we blew ~20 point leads and allowed the Bulls to come all the way back. Rondo may stifle the Cs momentum.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I am worried.

As long as Rondo can pass and get where he wants to, he will make a difference. His ability to call out defensive sets and get guys 'their' shots is still top notch. Rondo has always played his best when up against the wall.

If he is not totally healthy or the Cs can make him extremely uncomfortable, then it shouldn't be much of an issue. But let's not pretend we played perfectly these last two games without him. In both games, we blew ~20 point leads and allowed the Bulls to come all the way back. Rondo may stifle the Cs momentum.

You're definitely giving him too much credit.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 10:11:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The source of this story seems dubious... I'm not finding it anywhere else. Click bait?

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 10:11:48 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am worried.

You're definitely giving him too much credit.

Oh, totally.

But I am not going to sell the Bulls or Rondo short again and I hope the Cs don't either. We need to win this series.

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:43 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
He apparently scrimmaged today - but didn't use his right hand at all. I don't see him being able to play tomorrow, at least in any way effectively. I'd expect him back for game 6, though.