Author Topic: Rondo Out Game 5 (Merged Threads)  (Read 7451 times)

Re: Rondo preparing to play Game 5
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Celtics hater always finding loopholes to make the celtics look worse than they are.

Rondo got benched during the season and was playing 14 mpg for a serious stretch. I'm sure that Hoiberg, who had and has been widely criticized as an NBA coach did this without any thought, and did it solely because he had a personal vendetta against Rondo. I'm sure it wasn't Rondo's fault at all he found himself out of the rotation.

Before the playoff started, if you had one spot fill, and your choice was Marcus or Rondo, I feel comfortable saying the majority of people would take Marcus. Rondo has 2 good games in the playoffs and people act like he's the bulls saving grace. I'd like to see him sustain that level of play before I make a judgement.

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2017, 10:52:56 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Celtics hater always finding loopholes to make the celtics look worse than they are.

Rondo got benched during the season and was playing 14 mpg for a serious stretch. I'm sure that Hoiberg, who had and has been widely criticized as an NBA coach did this without any thought, and did it solely because he had a personal vendetta against Rondo. I'm sure it wasn't Rondo's fault at all he found himself out of the rotation.

Before the playoff started, if you had one spot fill, and your choice was Marcus or Rondo, I feel comfortable saying the majority of people would take Marcus. Rondo has 2 good games in the playoffs and people act like he's the bulls saving grace. I'd like to see him sustain that level of play before I make a judgement.
The best way for the trolls is to not react

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

The best way for the trolls is to not react

TP, you're right. I shouldn't have responded. Sometimes this blog is infuriating!

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I hope he plays and he plays, I want the Celtics to win this series with no excuses or asterisks for the Bulls.

I'll take a win any way I can get it. If Rondo sitting gives us an advantage, that's just fine with me.

I find it funny that everyone on this thread is either a "greenteamer" or "hater." Here are the facts: With Rondo, they beat us twice. Without Rondo, they lost to us twice. Yes, I know that their role players looked like Michael Jordan. That's because we let them. And while IT's sister weighed on the Celtics heavily, IT was the only one who actually showed up for that first game.

I'm rooting hard for this team but am neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I'm a realist. As far as I'm concerned, there is no question in my mind that Rondo made a big difference in the first two games. This idea that we have fixed all our problems and would swat aside a healthy Bulls team is inconsistent with what I have seen so far. Our team has been playing boom or bust all year and, until the Bulls' hottest player got injured, looked like it was in bust mode.

Mike

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 11:18:48 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Jay King reports Rondo is NOT playing:

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/857249991609520128

Rondo said he's not playing tonight. He had another x-ray last night. Bone is still the same.

Bulls reporter corroborates:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/857250224129101825

Rondo said he can't do much with the thumb still. "It's still broke."

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I hope he plays and he plays, I want the Celtics to win this series with no excuses or asterisks for the Bulls.

I'll take a win any way I can get it. If Rondo sitting gives us an advantage, that's just fine with me.

I find it funny that everyone on this thread is either a "greenteamer" or "hater." Here are the facts: With Rondo, they beat us twice. Without Rondo, they lost to us twice. Yes, I know that their role players looked like Michael Jordan. That's because we let them. And while IT's sister weighed on the Celtics heavily, IT was the only one who actually showed up for that first game.

I'm rooting hard for this team but am neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I'm a realist. As far as I'm concerned, there is no question in my mind that Rondo made a big difference in the first two games. This idea that we have fixed all our problems and would swat aside a healthy Bulls team is inconsistent with what I have seen so far. Our team has been playing boom or bust all year and, until the Bulls' hottest player got injured, looked like it was in bust mode.

Mike

Tp for a well-reasoned take

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 11:56:38 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
It's not even a debate.
Losing your starting point guard in the playoffs is crippling to a team. As opposed to losing an offensive millstone like Marcus Smart. Don't make me laugh.
 Your logic is completely specious.

I am using your words, so I am glad you make yourself laugh.

Marcus Smart '16 - '17 Games 79, 10/4/4.6  PER: 12.0 win shares 3.2
Rajon Rondo '16 - '17 Games 69 8/5/7 PER: 13.6 win shares 2.3

Starter sure, that much better than Smart? Debatable.

Smart backers always finding loopholes to make him better than he is lol.

Rondo got benched during the season. Rondo was playing like 14 minutes a game for a serious stretch.

I think you know this but you still want to see if you can squeak by those numbers as an achievement for Smart.

Didn't Smart have one of the worst +/- for the 2nd half of the NBA season?

You know what though.....Rondo is still better than Marcus.

TP for using common sense

Re: Rondo preparing to play Game 5 (Not Playing??)
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Rondo officially ruled out tonight. ESPN
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 01:27:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Thank you basketball God's. This is the pivotal game. Go Celtics!!!

Re: Rondo officially ruled out tonight. ESPN
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 01:29:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
were you really concerned about an injured Rondo?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:50:17 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yes. I was worried about the one armed bandit. The six fingered man.

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2017, 01:49:13 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Without Rondo, Butler will shoot the bulls out of the game.

The man can pass with either hand. I am relieved RR won't be playing. 

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Yes. I was worried about the one armed bandit. The six fingered man.

Hello. My name is Isaiah Thomas. You made us look bad. Prepare to lose.

Mike

Re: Rondo Out Game 5 (Merged Threads)
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2920
http://twitter.com/ctsbulls/status/857726512178634753

Rondo officially ruled out for game 6 already. No surprise.

Re: Rondo Out Game 5 (Merged Threads)
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2017, 07:52:19 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
http://twitter.com/ctsbulls/status/857726512178634753

Rondo officially ruled out for game 6 already. No surprise.

Tweet was deleted