Author Topic: Horford on Rozier  (Read 5076 times)

Re: Horford on Rozier
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 02:21:12 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Anyone else see a little Marcus Banks in Rozier? Not a carbon copy or anything, but they do have a lot in common IMO.

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 03:32:51 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I am a fan of this kid. Have been. He gets to the rim when he wants. Makes defenders look stupid, and he actually has a really good jumper. He plays very good defense, not quite elite like Smart. He is not a liability on either end. I don't think he will have the passing skills or decision making skills that smart has. I think if Terry can learn to come off the ball and attack while Smart handles the ball we have a fearsome duo when we eventually have to move on from IT/AB.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 04:23:33 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I am a fan of this kid. Have been. He gets to the rim when he wants. Makes defenders look stupid, and he actually has a really good jumper. He plays very good defense, not quite elite like Smart. He is not a liability on either end. I don't think he will have the passing skills or decision making skills that smart has. I think if Terry can learn to come off the ball and attack while Smart handles the ball we have a fearsome duo when we eventually have to move on from IT/AB.
he hasnt had a bad jumper this series and he hasnt been a liability on either end this series.

Im more inclined to believe the Rozier I saw in the regular season who was absolutely lost on defense, had 100% tunnel vision on offense and shot 37/32/77 splits.

Hes got boatloads of potential, but to say he has a good shot and isnt a liability on either end is not really the case.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 10:53:43 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
If you have eyes you can see that Rozier has boatloads of potential.  He's a freak athlete with a shot that should theoretically go in a lot.  Don't think he'll ever be a good playmaker but there's a place in the league for PG-sized guards who don't need the ball in their hands all the time.

If he ever puts it all together he could very easily be a 6MOY candidate. That's why he's still on this roster despite not being very good at basketball for now.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
To be honest, I never understood the hate around Rozier.

He always had little time to develop and show his worth, and despite that he always worked hard, ran the floor and hustled.

If I had a thing to say it would be that he sometimes takes too many shots because he's trying to do too well. In these playoffs he showed his competitive spirit and his cold blood.

Rozier is cool, and his ability to play postseason gives him more value than several guys on this roaster.

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »

Offline thetruthcs34205

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
There is one thing that always stands out to me about Rozier. He does a lot of side to side dribbling and never seems to go north and south and go right by his man. Just dances back and for then passes the ball. Love everything else about him and his potential.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I really like Rozier. I would like for us to keep our 4 guards IT, AB, Smart and Rozier but probably not going to happen. IT, Smart, Fultz and Rozier would still be a good rotation of guards. I wouldn't be so quick to trade Rozier. He's comfortable in his position, looks to score, plays good defense and is a good rebounder. Let him grow like AB did and he'll be a better defender in a few years.

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 11:17:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
http://www.nba.com/video/2017/04/26/0041600105-chi-bos-play7

This play shows why you can't just let Rozier go for scraps - Dude has prime DWade athleticism/smoothness to his game. Unfortunately the game still needs to slow down quite a bit for him to reach the next level.

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:52 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I don't think Rozier sees things at the right speed. Sometimes he thinks he's a little more ahead of a play than he is, sometimes he thinks he's contained when he's actually capable of attacking more.

If it clicks and the game slows down for him, he will be very good. He is already a useful player off the bench and only in his second year, so inconsistency is expected.

I'd like him to tighten up his dribble quite a bit. He dribbles it too high and too far from his body often. Also, if he could work on the skill to draw contact when attacking the basket he could be an unstoppable drive option. Right now he seems to think his only goal is too avoid contact by going around or over it. If he takes the contact enough, he'll get those calls more consistently. Some guys never get this, though.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Rozier = Sam Vincent