Author Topic: Stephon Marbury is parting ways with the Chinese team that made him a legend  (Read 3341 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Had a nice run over there and seems to have really sorted out his life also.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I wonder if Marbury has done enough there to earn himself a spot in the hall of fame for how much he accomplished and grew the game ... 

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I wonder if Marbury has done enough there to earn himself a spot in the hall of fame for how much he accomplished and grew the game ...

Sure, it is the Basketball Hall of Fame not the NBA HoF. It's not a guarantee but I think he has to be in the conversation. Didn't they build a statue of him?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure. I mean how many players that had their best years overseas have made the Hall? Sabonis is the only one I can think of.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
A Marbury musical  :o
Yup

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Not sure. I mean how many players that had their best years overseas have made the Hall? Sabonis is the only one I can think of.
Two recent guys with limited NBA success
Drazen Petrovic
Šarūnas Marčiulionis

Guys I don't know anything about but are in there...
Dino Meneghin
Dražen Dalipagić
Ubiratan Pereira Maciel
Oscar Schmidt

Considering Marbury did have some decent success and probably changed Chinese Basketball and really created the lead for guys that could still play in the NBA going over there, I would think he will.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Drazen Petrovic
Šarūnas Marčiulionis

Dino Meneghin
Dražen Dalipagić
Ubiratan Pereira Maciel
Oscar Schmidt

Considering Marbury did have some decent success and probably changed Chinese Basketball and really created the lead for guys that could still play in the NBA going over there, I would think he will.
TP cc. I should have remembered Schmidt and Petrovic. Haven't a clue about the others.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Oscar Schmidt had all his years overseas.

EDIT: Beaten.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Drazen Petrovic
Šarūnas Marčiulionis

Dino Meneghin
Dražen Dalipagić
Ubiratan Pereira Maciel
Oscar Schmidt

TP cc. I should have remembered Schmidt and Petrovic. Haven't a clue about the others.

Unless I am confusing players Šarūnas Marčiulionis played on some good Warrior teams back in the day, with Hardaway and Mullin but was never really all-star level in the NBA.