Would you make this trade

Yes
42 (47.7%)
No
43 (48.9%)
It is what it Is.
3 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Poll: Avery, Jae, Nets 2018 for George  (Read 7347 times)

Re: Poll: Avery, Jae, Nets 2018 for George
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
He doesn't want to be here
He wants to win, he'll like it here just fine if it's as part of one of the best teams in the league.

That's what I'm saying Evan. He's gonna go to the Finals and possibly win with the Celtics, and than bolt for the worst team in the league? I think not.

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 03:17:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He doesn't want to be here
He wants to win, he'll like it here just fine if it's as part of one of the best teams in the league.

That's what I'm saying Evan. He's gonna go to the Finals and possibly win with the Celtics, and than bolt for the worst team in the league? I think not.
I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor that Paul wants to go to LA was a tactic. Paul doesn't want to be traded from Indiana because they are the only team that can pay him the super max. I'd hazard a guess that if he doesn't make the all nba team those rumors will go away and he will suddenly be more open to getting traded.

By naming a specific other suitor it gives teams that extra pause in trading for him and that is what his agent wants, as long as the super max could be on the table.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 05:09:09 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Hasn't our pathetic showing against the 8th seeded 41 wins Bulls demonstrated the limited value of role players like Bradley and Crowder? We need a massive infusion of star quality talent. Bring in both Hayward and George. Crowder, Bradley, and Brooklyn '17 for George? No problem, even without any kind of guarantee from George.

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 05:17:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Hasn't our pathetic showing against the 8th seeded 41 wins Bulls demonstrated the limited value of role players like Bradley and Crowder? We need a massive infusion of star quality talent. Bring in both Hayward and George. Crowder, Bradley, and Brooklyn '17 for George? No problem, even without any kind of guarantee from George.

That's pretty dumb. The whole point of not making that kind of trade for George this year, was because Bird believe he could upgrade the roster enough to make George stay. Now that a year has passed, and George is even more stressed. Bird will really not have much leeway in negoitiations, so color me surprised if he gets even anywhere near that from us...

Yeah, that's a terrible trade... Especially for a one year rental, and no guarantee? Pfft.  ???
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 05:53:57 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
George is a rental and cannot be traded for unless he signs and extension which he would be stupid to do.

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 07:09:08 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
George is a rental and cannot be traded for unless he signs and extension which he would be stupid to do.

Wouldn't he be stupid to rot in Indy?

They are too good for a good pick, not good enough to contend. Cavs/Bos/Wash/Tor/Mil are all a head of them and will be for some time out side bad trades or injuries.

They don't have any really good assets for trading for a good player, and what are the chances some one will go there to play?

PG13 has said he's wanted to watch IT during the all star break, said he's wanted to play with Hayward, and praised Boston's togetherness. DA would have to get creative to make it work, but thats his job.

Yes it would be dumb to take him with one year left, don't think DA would do it if the Nets 17 is what they want, maybe the 18(don't know were that would land).

PG13 could make up what he'd miss in his signing with Indy by winning in Boston and getting mucho endorsements.

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
PG13 has said he's wanted to watch IT during the all star break, said he's wanted to play with Hayward, and praised Boston's togetherness. DA would have to get creative to make it work, but thats his job.

I think he said that about Hayward to try to get him to sign in his home state of Indiana.  He might get to play with him or not leave the cupboard bare when he leaves.

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
hes going to LA

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Lets be real here.

If Ainge DID make this trade, and as expected PG13 opts out and signs with LAL the year after, people would call for Ainge's head and demand he be fired immediately.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2017, 08:35:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I voted yes on this question. Both Crowder and Bradley are marginal as starters. Both are nice players, but certainly not starters on a true contender. Hopefully Brown will make you forget about the undersized, athletically limited Crowder shorty, and undersized, often injured Bradley will be replaced by the plethora of young talented guards in this draft.

George will give the C's a second scoring option with good positional size, and a solid defender. Teamed with IT, Horford, Smart, and company we'll be at the very least in the ECF for years to come. A stumble by Cleveland, and we're in the show.

Ugh, I hate "_____ wouldn't be a starter on a contender" arguments.  What people seem to mean most of the time is "______ wouldn't be the best/second best player on a contender".  Zaza freakin' Pachulia starts for this year's Finals favorite, but Bradley couldn';t start on a contender? Give me a break.

Bradley would start for the Cavs right now, and probably would have started for them last year as well.  He'd likely start over Danny Green on the Spurs this year, too. Are the Spurs and Cavs not "true contenders" this year? And the Cavs last year, were they not "true contenders"?

The difference is the C's are building around these players. I understand if you add a Lebron, Westbrook, or Harden to the current Celtics both Bradley, and Crowder would be suitable for the team to contend. But in reality, the odds are not good that's gonna happen.

Bradley on the Cavs would be a 4th option, taking half the shots he presently does.

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2017, 08:38:52 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Lets be real here.

If Ainge DID make this trade, and as expected PG13 opts out and signs with LAL the year after, people would call for Ainge's head and demand he be fired immediately.

Ainge wouldn't make the trade unless he got word through the back channels he would resign anyways.

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Lets be real here.

Ainge wouldn't make the trade unless he got word through the back channels he would resign anyways.

TP, yeah that is exactly where I'm at.

I was responding to just this trade idea in particular too.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2017, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

How do you know when it's a pretty good idea that's been floated around. When it's almost dead even in the polls.

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2017, 02:02:54 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

How do you know when it's a pretty good idea that's been floated around. When it's almost dead even in the polls.
It's based on a false premise! It can't even happen! If we were allowed to completely ignore the salary cap then anything can be a great idea

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2017, 08:06:43 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 717
Please explain to me how Blog members can simply (theoretically) shop our players around like they mean nothing - just means to an end.

A lot of our current players strike me as being very happy about being a member of the Boston Celtics. They speak well of the organization and seem to embrace the tradition. Reference Marcus Smart's comments about KG's remote pre-game 3 pep-talk about what it means to be a Celtic. Avery Bradley has done nothing but work hard and improve since he was drafted - yet his name comes up regularly in Forum trade discussions.

I love the chemistry and pride of our core players - Bradley, Thomas, Smart, Crowder, Horford, Brown, Rozier.  Add the '17 & '18 Nets picks plus the two Euro Bigs we have stashed. Anyone else I can let go of in a trade + one or two FA and we keep our core happy and loyal and continue to build a long-term title contender.

One other thing - concentrate additions to the team on big, bigger and biggest. Mean, snarly post guys who rebound like wild dogs, play interior defense and do some scoring - that and one solid spot-up shooter. For all our 3-point attempts, we really don't have a reliable perimeter guy to, uh, rely on.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce