Author Topic: If Rondo Plays, How Effective is He?  (Read 4328 times)

Re: If Rondo Plays, How Effective is He?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
hack-a-rondo

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 07:51:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Maybe 65-70% effective, he will still be smart and has huge hands that he can toss passes with.

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
hack-a-rondo
Great post. We'll hack him and make him shoot FTs with a hand that supposedly can't even pick up a spoon
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 08:21:16 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
hack-a-rondo
Great post. We'll hack him and make him shoot FTs with a hand that supposedly can't even pick up a spoon
L M A O

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 05:33:36 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
My guess is he will play game 6. We need to put Kelly on him to make sure he goes down again. ;D ;D ;D

Bah!! ;D

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 06:00:01 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
How on earth can you be effective if you are constantly guarding your thumb from a possible hack...whci can very well be the smart thing to do without commiting a flagrant.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 06:42:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
How on earth can you be effective if you are constantly guarding your thumb from a possible hack...whci can very well be the smart thing to do without commiting a flagrant.

He will use his other hand, most people have two.  A lot of ball players have big hands and can grip it with one hand, too.   AKA palming the ball.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 06:49:22 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

He will use his other hand, most people have two.  A lot of ball players have big hands and can grip it with one hand, too.   AKA palming the ball.
Rondo uses both hands well.  Recall he played in the playoffs with the C's with a broken arm.  He's a warrior.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 07:08:03 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
He will use his other hand, most people have two.  A lot of ball players have big hands and can grip it with one hand, too.  AKA palming the ball.

--Hey, that's a touchy subject these days!

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 07:23:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
He won't be dunking ,  or poking at the ball with his bad hand ,   He could completely break his thumb , then he'd been screwed for months .  Falling , which happens a lot , he'd have to land on ribs , head , back , jar his neck or put his hand down and finish off his thumb.  his bad hand could get slapped , crushed , banged .   

Trying dribble and keep one hand out of the line of fire would be tuff , especially if it's you main hand.  , all the while guys are slapping at the ball.  If he can't dribble , he ll get the ball stolen very easy.  You just guard his good hand ....make him dribble and catch with the bad one .

I would not give him a break as player .  It's not college , it's work and playoffs ,  if I'm Smart or Bradley I don't give a rats butt about his stupid hand . If he's that dumb to play , then he can just get it broke all the way .
All players put their hands out as they dribble to push the playout of the way ....he does that and it might get broken with no cast pretty easy.....or they slap his hand while he dribbles with the good hand.
The only way he can play and not be a liability is to play with cast off ,  that's pretty dumb IMO. I'd be sure to knock him on his butt or,maybe trip him on purpose like he did Jae .....low lake scum

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 07:28:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
hack-a-rondo

Trip him and step on his hand. 

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 07:37:03 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
He won't be dunking ,  or poking at the ball with his bad hand ,   He could completely break his thumb , then he'd been screwed for months .  Falling , which happens a lot , he'd have to land on ribs , head , back , jar his neck or put his hand down and finish off his thumb.  his bad hand could get slapped , crushed , banged .   

Trying dribble and keep one hand out of the line of fire would be tuff , especially if it's you main hand.  , all the while guys are slapping at the ball.  If he can't dribble , he ll get the ball stolen very easy.  You just guard his good hand ....make him dribble and catch with the bad one .

I would not give him a break as player .  It's not college , it's work and playoffs ,  if I'm Smart or Bradley I don't give a rats butt about his stupid hand . If he's that dumb to play , then he can just get it broke all the way .
All players put their hands out as they dribble to push the playout of the way ....he does that and it might get broken with no cast pretty easy.....or they slap his hand while he dribbles with the good hand.
The only way he can play and not be a liability is to play with cast off ,  that's pretty dumb IMO. I'd be sure to knock him on his butt or,maybe trip him on purpose like he did Jae .....low lake scum

Hot Take from Shaq!!

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 07:37:46 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
hack-a-rondo

Trip him and step on his hand.

Lol
Shamrocks & Shenanigans

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
 It will matter quite a bit.

He broke his right thumb. I would expect him to have a lot of trouble shooting, and he is going to shy away from ball hawking and deflections on his right, which is IT's strong side.

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2017, 12:11:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
just read on espn that rondo wont play in game 5 tonight.

it was a good thread while it lasted.  ;D

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19247531/chicago-bulls-rajon-rondo-not-ready-return-injury-game-5
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva